• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's a New TCD Trip Report- June 2010 at the Fort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, that's awesome!

How did you like that site?

It looks like you got zero shade.

I think I would like the lake view, and the location is great, but that direct sunlight all day would be a deal breaker for me.

That might not have been me.

I am sure I could have kept up with your truck.

Although I did have some minor technical problems one day.

Was I helping the cart along with one of my feet?

Kind of like Fred Flintstone?

TCD
well we really liked the location, i also miss having the woods there on the 600 loop, it looked nice, but i guess they saw those extra 17 sites as losing money so had to put them in. you are right the sun was a killer, the few days we were there during the day, the trailer went up from 71 to about 76/77 in there, still cool but a big difference when you are trying to cool yourself off.

my dad likes the sites on the old part of the loop a little better more shade, and since our air went out for about an hour on the second to last day there, he wants more shade for the camper...a couple of parts froze up from running so muchover the first 10 days there, it had to defrost itself that one afternoon, which did not take long in that heat.

i am almost 100 sure it was you that was there, your daughter was next to you in teh front seat, and i think on sunday you went past us by the pool on your cart.

Yes, enough said.

So if it isn't a Hardy Boys mystery, then was it a Nancy Drew?

J/K

No more talk of the Cowboy's butt.

I'm serious.

TCD

THE SCENERY TO THE RIGHT OF THE C/B!!!!!! THE SCENERY!!! NOT THE BUTT!!!!!
Now look what you've done ..... you've caused mild mannered KFK to shout. ;)

That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the new menu too. They had BETTER NOT drop the GAG. Of course, it won't really matter to me since I am boycotting Disney anyways. But just in case I ever return...

It's nice to know that KFK can still get her Cowboy Butt Beans.

If they drop the GAG, I may be forced to join the boycott. It's an arrival day tradition!

I never want to hear the term Cowboy Butt Beans again. In fact that term needs to go to Davy Jones Locker right alongside Starbooty. :lmao:

Now that I am officially turned off to cowboys, I may never visit Frontierland again.

Seriously TCD, fantastic TR. I have enjoyed every minute of it! It has inspired me to do a couple of investigations myself on our upcoming trip if time permits.

KFK

TCD,

Your post about Cowboy Beans sparked a flashback of a scene from Blazing Saddles. "How bout some more beans Mr. Taggert?" "I think you've had enough!"

What was it Grandpa used to say? BEANS BEANS THE MUSICAL FRUIT. THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU TOOT! :thumbsup2

Anyway as someone who like beans as much as the next guy, I recommend you try them at the Polynesian. Like the ones no longer mentioned on the menu, you can order them. It is a mixture of baked beans and pineapple. What is magical about them besides the taste is hearing the Hawaiian music later. Just a word of caution. Stay clear of open flames especially like the campfire @ the Chip and Dale show. The musical exhaust might ignite. :rotfl:

TCD you call me a Rebel?

Yes.

It takes one to know one. ;)

Here you go! ;)
mentalfloss.jpg

Don't you at least feel a little bit sorry for me??? :sad1: I have to live next door and see him working outside without a shirt on. I am not quite sure why he feels the need to do this though... With that much body hair, removing a T-shirt wouldn't make you feel much cooler and he certainly isn't going to get a tan. :confused3 The sun would never make it through all of that fur! :rotfl:

Thanks for the mental floss! That will come in handy around here.

Perchance, was your neighbor at the Fort in January?

Let me know.

I am still working on the mystery of the black bear sighting.

And, I am thinking I may be on to something here.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to see if I can find some online. I love marshmallows. :lovestruc

Hey- if you find these for sale over here in our neck of the woods, help a Pinellas County brother, out, won't you? I will be happy to purchase a bag and conduct some field testing.

well we really liked the location, i also miss having the woods there on the 600 loop, it looked nice, but i guess they saw those extra 17 sites as losing money so had to put them in. you are right the sun was a killer, the few days we were there during the day, the trailer went up from 71 to about 76/77 in there, still cool but a big difference when you are trying to cool yourself off.

my dad likes the sites on the old part of the loop a little better more shade, and since our air went out for about an hour on the second to last day there, he wants more shade for the camper...a couple of parts froze up from running so muchover the first 10 days there, it had to defrost itself that one afternoon, which did not take long in that heat.

i am almost 100 sure it was you that was there, your daughter was next to you in teh front seat, and i think on sunday you went past us by the pool on your cart.

Whoa! I would not want to be in one of those sites without AC!

You probably did see me out and about. If I am at the Fort, there isn't much chance I will be sitting around my campsite.

Another great report. Thanks for sharing all the photos and your expeditions!!!!!

You are welcome.

It has been my pleasure.

And, we are not quite done yet.

Almost, but not quite.

THE SCENERY TO THE RIGHT OF THE C/B!!!!!! THE SCENERY!!! NOT THE BUTT!!!!!
Now look what you've done ..... you've caused mild mannered KFK to shout. ;)

If they drop the GAG, I may be forced to join the boycott. It's an arrival day tradition!

I never want to hear the term Cowboy Butt Beans again. In fact that term needs to go to Davy Jones Locker right alongside Starbooty. :lmao:

Now that I am officially turned off to cowboys, I may never visit Frontierland again.

Seriously TCD, fantastic TR. I have enjoyed every minute of it! It has inspired me to do a couple of investigations myself on our upcoming trip if time permits.

KFK

Rut-row.

Looks like I touched a nerve there.

I didn't know KFK was so sensitive.

Sorry.

Well, not really.

But, I thought I should say sorry anyway.

What do you mean if time permits?

Priorities, KFK.

Priorities.

TCD,

Your post about Cowboy Beans sparked a flashback of a scene from Blazing Saddles. "How bout some more beans Mr. Taggert?" "I think you've had enough!"

What was it Grandpa used to say? BEANS BEANS THE MUSICAL FRUIT. THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU TOOT! :thumbsup2

Anyway as someone who like beans as much as the next guy, I recommend you try them at the Polynesian. Like the ones no longer mentioned on the menu, you can order them. It is a mixture of baked beans and pineapple. What is magical about them besides the taste is hearing the Hawaiian music later. Just a word of caution. Stay clear of open flames especially like the campfire @ the Chip and Dale show. The musical exhaust might ignite. :rotfl:

TMI! :rotfl2:

But, for future reference, where would I find these Pineapple Beans at the Poly? I have not seen them at the quick serve location downstairs. And, you say they're magical? I need to know about these beans. Especially since the CBB may be on their way out at the Fort.

TCD

The Hawaiian Beans are just a FARSE ;) intended to be part of joke about the infamous gaseous noise made as a result of eating beans without BEANO. Imagine if you will the sound of a cowboy butt song played on a squeeky Polynesian uke. There is also an Italian version. Ever see Hollywood Knights? Newbomb? Volare? :lmao:

Rut-row.

Looks like I touched a nerve there.

I didn't know KFK was so sensitive.

Sorry.

Well, not really.

But, I thought I should say sorry anyway.

What do you mean if time permits?

Priorities, KFK.

Priorities.

TCD

No ruh ro's needed. No nerve actually touched here.....sometimes I forget that I haven't formally met the fort fiends here and my sarcastic humor is sometimes lost in the translation. You must have missed the little laughing smiley that was beside the giant shouting words. :rotfl: Believe me KFK isn't sensitive...not in the least...in fact I am often very insensitive. :lmao:

I suppose I should actually thank you. Because of your TR's my social conscienceness has been raised pertaining to the dangers of Hippies :hippie:, CB's and the scenery that surrounds them. Not to mention the beans. Who knew? Actually, I already did and will make every effort to keep KFBro from finding out about them. ;) The WDW resort would never be the same. :rotfl2:

My plan of action definitely includes some investigative field work. My interest has been sparked in a couple of areas. However, we have a s/n child and that can often be a game changer, but it's definitely in the master plan. :thumbsup2 Maybe I should have said DS5 permitting. :laughing:

EDIT/ADD: Just noticed that there was no laughing smiley at the end of the shouting words. My bad! Here he is........:lmao:

Thanks for the mental floss! That will come in handy around here.

Perchance, was your neighbor at the Fort in January?

Let me know.

I am still working on the mystery of the black bear sighting.

And, I am thinking I may be on to something here.
TCD

Come to think of it, they were gone for a while... You definitely may be on to something! :rotfl:

The Hawaiian Beans are just a FARSE ;)

Dang. You got me.

But, at least I found out before I went all over the Poly looking for them.

.....sometimes I forget that I haven't formally met the fort fiends here and my sarcastic humor is sometimes lost in the translation.

No worries.

I knew you were kidding.

You were, right?

Have a great time at the Fort.

Enjoy your family, and especially your DS.

But keep your eyes and ears open at the same time.

Come to think of it, they were gone for a while... You definitely may be on to something! :rotfl:

Well, there you go.

We are solving mysteries right and left here, today, aren't we?

TCD

For those of you still riding along, I have some sad news to share.

We have reached the end of the line.

I just have a few more photos to share, and then that's it for this report.

But, we had some fun, didn't we?

I promised:

Lots of Photo's.

Check.

Newsflashes.

Check.

The introduction of a new member of the TCD gang.

Check.

The solving of mysteries.

Double check.

And some behind the scenes information.

Triple check.

So, I would say mission accomplished!

Here's the end of the photos.

Here are two fellows spraying something around the Settlement area:

FW610630.jpg

They went with this tractor:

FW610631.jpg

So, I am going to take a wild guess and say that they were spraying herbicide.

Here are my very last photos.

I call them buzzards on the beach:

FW610632.jpg

FW610633.jpg

FW610634.jpg

Why are there buzzards on the beach?

I don't know.

It's yet another mystery.

We can go back an review clues to see what we know:

Does this have anything to do with the blue tanks?

Or the ancient alien petroglyphs?

Or that mysterious building next to Pioneer Hall?

Or Cowboy Beans?

Or the Cowboys Butt?

I mean the scenery to the right of the Cowboy's Butt?

I don't know.

We will have to leave this for another day.

Thanks for reading along.

I hope there will be a next time.

And that it will be soon.

But, until then. . .

TCD is out!

Yea!!! :cheer2:

Another great TCD trip report. Thanks again for keeping us informed and entertained.

The buzzards are visiting from Discovery Island.

They live next door to their friends, the vultures.

No worries.

I knew you were kidding.

You were, right?

Have a great time at the Fort.

Enjoy your family, and especially your DS.

But keep your eyes and ears open at the same time.

TCD

I were! I felt sure you knew, but since I was nearly challenged to a duel on another thread due to a joke regarding a poster wearing a hoodie in the summer at WDW with no pants...I felt I couldn't be too careful.

I always have a great time at the Fort. There's no other kind of time to be had when at the Fort. IMO.

I will enjoy BOTH DS's to the hilt and also MR. KFK, KFM, KFD, one KFBro and 6 KFCousins. It should be a fantastic trip! I also hope some of you Fiends will be there too!

My eyes will be wide open and my mind will be alert. You will be notified of any unusual or interesting sightings post haste. Since I don't know how to attach a camera to a telescoping broomstick w/duct tape, nor do I know your cousin Yuri, KFM's telescoping monopod may have to do. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the fantastic TR! It was greatly appreciated and enjoyed! :goodvibes

Great Report looking forward to the next one.( I heard there are new campers checking in on Friday.They could be :hippie: . Maybe you should go to the Fort this weekend and wright a report about it next week.) Don't make us wait to long.

I will enjoy BOTH DS's to the hilt and also MR. KFK, KFM, KFD, one KFBro and 6 KFCousins. It should be a fantastic trip! I also hope some of you Fiends will be there too!

Hold on!

KFM and KFD are going to be at the Fort?

I may have to pay a visit.

I want KFM's autograph! :thumbsup2

She rocks, you know.

Go back soon, TCD. Go back soon.

I will be working on that.

Great Report looking forward to the next one.( I heard there are new campers checking in on Friday.They could be :hippie: . Maybe you should go to the Fort this weekend and wright a report about it next week.) Don't make us wait to long.

Hippies?

Not again!

TCD

As always a wonderful trip report, we would expect no less, anyway all this has really got me ready for our visit to the Fort, we leave this Sat and check in on July 1st cannot waiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Almost all packed and ready for the 1,000 mile trip.

Hold on!

KFM and KFD are going to be at the Fort?

I may have to pay a visit.

I want KFM's autograph! :thumbsup2

She rocks, you know.

TCD

Yes, she will be there. They will not be there for the entirety of our trip, but they'll be in a FW cabin for a week during the middle of it. I'll have to get their exact dates so you don't show up on the wrong day. I hope this info doesn't get out....the paparazzi will have a field day!

I have heard KFM rocks. Who started that rumor anyway? :rolleyes1

If you don't make it to the Fort for a meet and greet, I'll send you an autographed photo. :laughing:

Yes, she will be there. They will not be there for the entirety of our trip, but they'll be in a FW cabin for a week during the middle of it. I'll have to get their exact dates so you don't show up on the wrong day. I hope this info doesn't get out....the paparazzi will have a field day!

I have heard KFM rocks. Who started that rumor anyway? :rolleyes1

If you don't make it to the Fort for a meet and greet, I'll send you an autographed photo. :laughing:

He would rather have the burger wrapper autographed. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter