It’s JUST a Marathon! WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Trip Report

Amazing report so far!! A+++ for the drink selection thus far, and for the DIS meet-up game.

I LOVE your goodr sunglasses - I got my sister the same pair for Christmas!

I also want to thank you again for supplying my 10k sparkle skirt! I served me well for an awesome marathon weekend experience - so much so, I’m thinking I might be in for the marathon next year. And a margarita streak is a MUST for that!

@Keels totally did tell me to run from you.
You should have listened to her better. Instead you were stuck with me all weekend. Hahaha.

Amazing report so far!! A+++ for the drink selection thus far, and for the DIS meet-up game.

I LOVE your goodr sunglasses - I got my sister the same pair for Christmas!

I also want to thank you again for supplying my 10k sparkle skirt! I served me well for an awesome marathon weekend experience - so much so, I’m thinking I might be in for the marathon next year. And a margarita streak is a MUST for that!
I snagged those goodrs at the Expo. I had my eye on them for a while, then I saw them in person and knew I had to have them!

Also, you are so welcome! Hoping to see you next Marathon weekend! We can get a Marg together! :)

The 5k

Okay, so I guess the main reason I was at WDW was to run, so it’s time for the first race of the weekend! I did not want to get out of bed and @Keels basically had to drag me out. But once we got up and got ready, we were good to go. Karen and I dove into our Dopey cake and it was DELICIOUS. The best race fuel, for sure. I dressed up with Keels as Chip and Dale (not to be confused with Chippendales). It didn’t really matter though because it was COLD that morning and long everythings were necessary. I did get a picture of us together but it’s a terrible picture so I will save it just for us. Keels drove us from the Poly to the Race Start and in my excitement I made us get out of the car FAR too early. Sorry, y’all!

We headed to the DIS Meet up that @lhermiston was in charge of because he was the tallest person in the Dis doing Dopey. It worked out well. A few weeks back we joked about doing shots before the races and since I am not one to joke about booze, I bought me, Lee, and Ryan all shots!

AR807dmJmfVQnnyDfcU0WNi45jwS5aJ1OWkcvWL1NEiLbb9AuDTmR2jx7kQ9ygqf7sIVp5mlMgAil5beuiROCSQLSm4C03YTGDI2S5caDMmaYCjekxg0n3xhcjIi7nPGBoLNiyaUJA=w500

Honestly, a shot of tequila before the race was a pretty solid decision. (Ryan had Fireball and Lee had Jager.)

It was cold and windy, so we decided to move into the Corrals. Me, @Bree, @Princess KP, and @Keels were all in Corral A, which didn’t matter at all once they started the mini waves. I feel like 10 mini waves went before it was our turn to go. It was super annoying.

JK3T4MTRyqLU17hCTPgp95tI-oax6fCHNiinKnuDxTtyrn5CkkMnu52G-DzA_G1c9s8Uo7h0IxdBRdRr1QjC7te_H5TokImeMXfzvGX--YokWbQvFaV_LVbZ_zIo22Gfz1ImIAhMtQ=w750

But then we were off. I had no game plan except “go slow and have fun”. Karen started out with me and was like “Don’t feel like you have to stay with me” as she takes off for the sunrise! I ran up to Bree and said hello and from that moment on we were running buddies for the whole race weekend. We were both on @DopeyBadger plans and I knew her paces were similar to mine so we could definitely run together. We talked about our plan for Dopey and were both on the same page of stop for Characters we like, have fun, ride Everest, finish! It was super fun to have someone to run with since I am usually a solo runner. I will forever be thankful for her friendship during the races and the whole weekend in general. <3

We stopped for two characters during the 5k: Scottish Goofy and Pit Crew Donald.

HksjyN21eQv-pq6oYxmOcxyXDKN4GoMriPJRpyWM5wZLllSJ-WpWmPLtXOvjOlqSCv28auB3LU0briQa4tYZSfC4OiVWeLCQXKjALY2goeuTch8G55yl8V5pPRHFtxFZ9kFxrGQKkA=w500

X7HS0DgQjVQj24xlCtU6Tu3dS5H_Vu7mFaib06J3SOj71XIyyLatO2H23HZAC6L2AkPgvqscVCHxuFE0Z0fxXJdSfdKRuPjL6i0nBZd_XYYyXYsHbRYMZnY9itbUY_RqPB_fiszzuA=w750

And before we knew it the first race was over!

ad0IXtj-aXEAtaCpiRniQ18wQEuYP0nfJcvxrwRf8cXWj2ZkjzmvUwhFiMkeqVYkgEE0SIoCRBcAe5oI0ufZq6pg7jbwQ96HCAcBCf3JVFsmZ6gdgXzpd4uXYly1Sk9Ni7Ak19WZ1w=w500

eiW7IidX00W9orjSbPcSwRGPeVcZeG5ql-jUIlfMnuPp1fbTuiWvKaqy0F72s8AFnzPR6BqMqK65uX9Mg4IJYZnAM0SfzXU4B7ToxU53x0yHQNZmDQ0tcc-vEesrt7Lfd5YEcEI0Zw=w750

One down, three to go!

BVeZtLPvHN9_b02jPjts9JANcU_Hh3Ytg_Onq3gsRb9aLS9frAq02524bAYTG5IVDwqFZIKhkdMfynvs5hUGCMEqKTt55nSgewt8rU4fmNocN2flDLxfht4Nd_Wa5bEQ1j7aEb00Ig=w500

Whoa, wait a minute - goodr was at the expo! I did a fly-through, so might have missed them. I’m embarrassed to admit how many pairs we have in our house (ahem, 5+...)

Love Scottish Goofy! Great 5k run!

Hi trip report!
Also ... I just got back from a work (booze) lunch, so I feel like it's very appropriate that I'm reading the start of your TR after I've been drinking. No margaritas, though. Can I start a beer streak? Is that a thing?
Beer streak is called working in a restaurant.

And followrino.

According to Lee you were Rudolph though...

Those shots were pretty good. I wasn’t sure how they would be with running but they warmed me up a bit on the cold days.

3.1 down 45.5 to go!
Hahaha, I forgot about that! Dang it Lee!

Whoa, wait a minute - goodr was at the expo! I did a fly-through, so might have missed them. I’m embarrassed to admit how many pairs we have in our house (ahem, 5+...)

Love Scottish Goofy! Great 5k run!
They were selling some goodrs at the Fit2Run booth! This was actually my first pair and I love them!

I love Goofy in general, so I made sure to stop for all the Goofy photo ops!

Beer streak is called working in a restaurant.

And followrino.
TRUTH. Haha.

Excited to follow along! The 5k finish line picture of you and Bree is great!
Welcome and thank you! We actually got a finish line picture together at every race!

Following along!
Welcome!

I've decided that instead of writing my own TR, I'm just going to offer my dos pesos on yours, @rteetz, @ZellyB, @Bree and anyone else that does a TR's TR because I feel like I spent every waking moment with you damn people anyway. :rotfl2:
Good, fill in the things I forget! Hahaha. And don't act like you didn't want us around!!

Love the report so far!! And all of the booze...yum (especially Fireball!!) :drinking1
Thanks! Woof, Fireball is that one shot that I will only take if being forced in a group situation.

Those shots were great! You’re the best.
I just wanted to make sure everyone had the most fun possible!

Following! Great report so far!

popcorn::
Thanks & Welcome!

Hell, now that I think about it - we probably could've squeezed you into our villa. You could've shared the pullout with One or kicked Two out of the little trundle bed. :rotfl2:
That would have been a hot mess for sure! LOL

Joining the fun train!
Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter