It’s JUST a Marathon! WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Trip Report

Loving the report so far! Shots before the 5k, that is my new strategy. But I'm still jealous about the Oreos on Southwest.

Day Three – Someone made me ride Flights of Passage

For some reason, the day before, Karen and I didn’t eat until lunch time so we made a vow to make sure we ate breakfast. To ensure that happened, she made a reservation at Be Our Guest, which I have never been to!!!! So I mean, twist my arm Karen! Plus, she promised me a ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. She was just making all my dreams come true!

We get to Magic Kingdom at Rope Drop, which is at 9am and I was already shocked by this because Disneyland opens at 8am. (This is the part of the Trip Report where I start comparing all the things to DL because I am a West Coast girl, not sorry!) We get in and she checks us into BOG and we high-tail it to SDMT and get in line. As we are heading that way I hear Mickey opening the park and I am like W T F Disneyland Rope Drop is nothing like this!! While in the queue, some people in front of us are slowly going through messing with all the gems and stuff along the way, but I was super over waiting for them, so I passed them byeeeee. Which got us in the VERY front of the train. YES.

QFbC1bkQH5v3dOvoyB7hcoRtTzuksYULfLdOLjnexASHf1uwuaqvBLzYywsX918tMc-22do2Pnhbv4m5gD6R7P2OnrlYJEIv_60QF_E0qsZxsAzSRhAsofUB5aESPvwFMirXRsmTKg=w500

xrEXKz1sKXiPqUQ4Mu9WsVz5f4TRBB0J-f4fzioTYQjGoXHyr-VSiCLTDu7ric3w5uPTgtGDimBKlOpcxsvPdwcrUKpsax95sC2XgLwsTwJcn28O42g_oJPpM2M-NNx6VycErMJQww=w750

After the ride, we went back to BOG for breakfast. Good grief it was beautiful in there. Their breakfast options were good. Their prices were ridiculous. But I mean, it’s Disney, so here we are! I was pretty obsessed with the whole décor though. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites.

LwHeZvvQbTo0J9I1t2IdKqbMnJAPagMrV1ERlzGA4o0jZsZvx-wp_OnZKVH87xu-n0ZsOhXeQ0ZHXkfIuCfIfdLrHn9pdOSvcmY_9NYZ0LK7rUl_N2Ae0WUjkapSt2AFUzGY-vtvNw=w500

1B3krmR7ZmIY4s3yTpUqn-mbwIgPiOvYJpiC88NU6fHSK6Oonz6q6CQoFkhVo9GcScOuanZESW79MBBH60lOFtUQKxXd3l1tKXBMjTZ2j3GhezNk8mbHXDrOjcbSTtlOtNe6DVc7YQ=w500

2ybWwKIQXYGofOXAduiC_Io4_y0D8trAr4lJbWE7Uj3wB8XXg7CtYX96bd1xg1vL9cfW4s7mu6m1XteN5Y9rondP562tfJ1xdHtQWK90CrKEdU5b0WPdin73NHSQv_RlHQEoiylgvQ=w500

F9I2k3h6KN6X1v9Y7G1pnZXXjxKhib09VYvgNCf9N-LOaYq2Kiy_ioZic7nW-yfSdSwPFLKjG0HHBkBHZRzwmt7uGafvNkqMskRqdSIq2G5WTa1gl9qdzBcIdiN7PbKrC4Wng-O8eQ=w500

Probably the healthiest thing I ate all week...

After MK we were headed to #eyeroll Animal Kingdom. The only good things to happen at AK were drinks, seeing @Dis_Yoda, finally meeting One and Two, watching Karen work her magic at FoP (vaguely remember her calling @rteetz her son…), and riding Expedition Everest. We did have a FP+ for FoP, so I rode it for my first time and I am sticking to my guns about that ride being MEH at best.

7vkrhuOa23cuBlEa1QVFayTzPtZiFlp0NirrV9-i8bBR5kND9-V1DoHjV840HGYQaM884KZxwwMtOp1f2malwrmr2FDFb3yUZKmdcmBa5u3I3p-vsiEMQMI8-M_-I0QImVqREnei1Q=w500

We left AK and went to Disney Springs where we did some shopping and met up with @Bree before heading to dinner at Morimoto. I was in need of a Margarita to keep the streak alive, so we headed down to the Enzo Hideaway. That place was a hot mess, as was my Margarita. It ended with free drinks, so there was a silver lining to that madness. (Thanks Keels!) Then we finally made it to dinner. Morimoto was amazing! I would go back there so fast. I had the Beef Lo Mein, Pork Egg Rolls, and a Japanese Old Fashioned.

04V6fP0jUFViQGL2WwxrbfrVQUAVCS85oorGb_lYf4N_MQBloBNBO6APuc61SVN0z4fhfLPCXb3hBkmPYKjk_LKQ9trATQO1wV6LZcyoEwXkgHr0WTMWBDE1k56l0VPwCG_HAGRBhg=w500

L0yNjYnvtTuDdqX0P0msolqiIHfg8Tfk6-bHXo1sbAXXpkys_9dOvWk3hAjbEuSxDFyp7Br2fG7ZHYousdTPDbZtJuy3qt-JMoENkYgmatTjgoUFcmjaRSkkbGLvbAqhb9CzRGuU1w=w500

IJNusP6EoHArZyDqini8i3Dqn4agS0mpIZUbbC8M6E_CcSjWyxwCWD_WXxF72UN40Sw_TX2C3oAm_mMQp2W-Du_Ro2eVn_hDU_dN1QTaAYr1vts8_H8RcDzfQK70B2rAHpFwUlPvmA=w500

Karen got the Buri-Bop which she had been waiting to try for a year because the last time she was here someone (probably got fired and) broke all but three of the bowls needed for this dish and it was going to be an 1.5 hour wait for it. So instead she waited a year. Haha.

After dinner, we decided to go get a night cap at Mizner’s Lounge at The Grand Floridian. They also still had a tree up.

GH-Z_LGgK6kU7zn3DpG7BvHyoPkStpu-Ytm8Fbu9FMpH5eURdJW6w811BrQt-HkoPI7Z9BmRObWGpUkzic1dehCsA5Jy6G0OoJfwAtw3hgifM_Pv7mvZv7CEBRCMFaxNVLiYPQ7vjA=w500

I got a Hot Toddy and kindly asked the waiter not to squeeze my lemons, to which he felt immediately embarrassed and fumbled away. You really can’t take me anywhere.

During the day we had moved from Poly to the Beach Club, so we had our bags transferred. When we got to the room late that night, we had to get our bags sent up. So Keels gave me the grand tour and yeah, I could definitely live that Beach Club life forever. We got back and I started getting my stuff out for the race the next morning. I realized that I needed a pizza but room service said all they could do is a 14”, so I took what I could get.

FkucUHddW101KfTUWdI-KorSqdJAesD61DXXMezKly9naCbsyUK1smw63gZg8FKzmtrFaAAWG2T7VzaNKyrifMOorMfpUHT_2GWjOnGG-PK-gb0hKquRburt5pzboKfNw32PFUrrsQ=w500

Pizza showed up. Race gear was ready. Tomorrow was just a 10k….

Following! Love all of these marathon weekend TR's! So many drinks! I'm impressed that you guys can drink shots and then run - that would NOT end well for me!

The Poly is so beautiful - I am sure it was hard to leave it but BC is amazing too!

Love Scottish Goofy!

Yay for being one of your highlights of AK!

Too bad Enzo’s was a hot mess for you all but Morimotos looks awesome

Great trip report!

I was flying Southwest and given a pack of Oreos on my flight which gave hope to other flying SW that they would get some too. They didn’t. Guess that’s just one of those Vegas things. ;)

Still bitter about Southwest no longer having Oreos on any flight I'm on and RunDisney no longer including them in snack boxes. Luckily @Princess KP brought some for those of us in need!

That's the castle!

Keels got back and we grabbed some road drinks and headed to watch the fireworks over the lake before the Luau. I might have cried. It’s fine.

Even without being able to see the castle projections, I really enjoy watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks from Poly Beach or the Contemporary. Crying is definitely okay!

...the most AMAZING cake ever

You have no idea how many times I've asked Brad why we didn't try to bring a slice of that cake home.

Me, Ryan, and Karen decided to head to Magic Kingdom so I can get my Annual Pass (whaaattttt) and have some MK fun before our dinner reservation. Keels is an MK hater and was living her best life at the pool bar so she stayed behind.

Annual Pass is quite possibly one of the best, yet most dangerous things at Disney. No #DisneyMath, even with 20% shopping discounts, can possibly save money when adding several trips 'park passes are already covered, and there's a resort discount.' But so much fun to have.

MK hater or not, I really can't fault Keels on staying at the pool bar.

Followed lastly with Space Mountain which is one of my favorites!

Does this mean that if we are there at the same time again, you'll ride Space Mountain with me? Brad refuses to ride Space Mountain. He thinks it is overly traumatic for tall people. Whatever...

When we got back to the room Keels had a surprise for me and Karen – a Good Luck Dopey Cake!!!!

That's an impressive cake, and sounds perfect for breakfast!

After the ride, we went back to BOG for breakfast. Good grief it was beautiful in there. Their breakfast options were good. Their prices were ridiculous. But I mean, it’s Disney, so here we are!

I've sworn off Be Our Guest for lunch and dinner - but your breakfast looks really good, so that's now on the list.

Joining in! Loving the report so far, some excellent beverage choices (pick so far is the Japanese old fashioned). I’m also impressed with your dining selections!

Following along as I sip from my drink in my refillable Run Disney cup. It is sadly filled with water rather than a margarita. Keep that streak alive!

Having fun following along. Our trip overlapped the first 2 days of the Marathon weekend, but since we weren't participating we thought it would be better to be gone before the weekend! Congratulations on completing your first marathon! I'm originally a desert girl, so it was fun to read about your Scottsdale run since that's where I lived for the first 22 years of my life!

Following! Love all of these marathon weekend TR's! So many drinks! I'm impressed that you guys can drink shots and then run - that would NOT end well for me!

The Poly is so beautiful - I am sure it was hard to leave it but BC is amazing too!

Love Scottish Goofy!
There were a lot of time between the shots and the run that it wasn't too bad! Haha. Scottish Goofy was super cute! Loved him!

Glad you like the Beach Club. That is my favorite resort to stay at with the walk to EPCOT
That walk to Epcot is like KEY. So amazing.

Following!
Welcome!

Does this mean that if we are there at the same time again, you'll ride Space Mountain with me? Brad refuses to ride Space Mountain. He thinks it is overly traumatic for tall people. Whatever...
YES OF COURSE!!!!

Every bit of this looks amazing so far!
Yay!

Joining in! Loving the report so far, some excellent beverage choices (pick so far is the Japanese old fashioned). I’m also impressed with your dining selections!
Welcome! That Old Fashioned was SO good!

#bestrunningbuddyever

I go to bed way too early and miss out on all the fun...here...chatty text group...
<3 <3 <3

Following along as I sip from my drink in my refillable Run Disney cup. It is sadly filled with water rather than a margarita. Keep that streak alive!
I should take my runDisney cup to use at work, good idea... Haha.

I'm impressed by the amount of alcohol and food you can consume and still run. #goals
You know what, it caught up with me mid race story so stand by for that! LOL.

Better put that line on the resumé, Jenna.
Hahahahahaha. Definitely adding that.

What a great day!! I can't believe you don't like Flight of Passage though. SMH
Yeah............

Having fun following along. Our trip overlapped the first 2 days of the Marathon weekend, but since we weren't participating we thought it would be better to be gone before the weekend! Congratulations on completing your first marathon! I'm originally a desert girl, so it was fun to read about your Scottsdale run since that's where I lived for the first 22 years of my life!
Welcome fellow desert girl! :)

The 10k - Pizza Planet Delivery Girl

Hello, early morning #2! @Keels was skipping the 10k so I was on my own to get ready and meet @Bree who was driving us in for the race. Thanks to both Keels and Bree I didn’t have to take any Disney Transportation to the races all weekend! Getting ready this morning meant figuring out how to make a handle for my pizza box so I could run with it easier. After that my costume was ready to go!

va5ZB_DQVfBWCQQdOnX8D3WjQs2Skww6vu5y7rln76uJOhYIj1uaWN47MBI31RFa7toUbOTQvBuGOHqfpk1-nyONmwQvkV_WYqHliPVjHZ_joqalwjtHne1B1QOcumJbzcKEiXqiyg=w500

We get to the race start and head to the Dis meet up, where I once again throw some shots to @lhermiston and @rteetz (more tequila for me, Jim Beam for them).

qOPM3sDyHZ7a7f8p632CRLiVH1GXkddFh5ZdaYaZGG4Hdgtjjv6gXWTsM-bLjBwxcGuqKzlFz39NUIgNcdYegufsqhVNff41DrBDdVgS14XVcvvbRy-DCN-GgMiVHgtZHREDyA2o4A=w500

TsDftbW9JmprNbfk1nxwqNBTVJ2t1qZCQ7Vk8gw5os2t7P0Glo4lQ8Y1D4MTLZ5dSUnGO3cLqb71F7iDkqdzS7kcAGh2Xdn8UlWKKni5wWaXXw7Nnp_kCMekOi_GtL67ULjjdlZHKw=w500

I joked that they looked like the movie Twins. I'm hilarious.

We had some pretty good turn outs for the Dis Pre-Race meetups. It was nice to put faces to (screen)names. I was really bad at introducing myself, so sorry in advance for that. /shrug
It wasn’t AS cold this morning as the day before for the 5k, but still not pleasant. I snacked on a piece of pizza and we headed to the start. We were in Corral A again and I was SO CLOSE to ending up on the jumbotron, but luckily they interviewed Pizza Guy a few minutes earlier and Santa was standing behind me so I got skipped. Rudy did do a shout out to my pizza I was holding though as I passed the start line!

NBkvX5S11HLlpm-rgBsQntSpxEOBSDFeAHDB2p3P0Ccw4S9iu9XmqztYgWD9vcgvrD1CgyF6DzwHxAwjRK8jqvz25dIffDshQa6Y-gkTEScY5ddkPgBrzV6eo15clGXDDSYnST63Tw=w500

So let’s talk about bad decisions I have made this weekend, starting with thinking I could run with a pizza in a pizza box for a 10k. That poor pizza lasted about .54 miles before I found someone on the side of the course collecting mylar blankets and handed it to her. Bye pizza.

Bree and I were running together again for this race. We were trying to “go slow” but I could feel our adrenaline pumping and knew it was gonna be hard to stay slow. The course wasn’t that impressive and we were still being pretty picky about what characters we really needed to stop at. But we stopped at Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers even though the line was really long. I have never seen them in their Rescue Rangers gear and it was cute. We determined that the line was going slow because people kept using the acorns on the ground as props and picking them up for their pictures (come on guys). Our lull in line gave @rteetz a chance to catch up with us and join us in line though. We finally got our pictures and moved on.

1F9b3IB8omAJigQCeR6spBVTc6G7j2HiLMDswW3EhIYXwVA0Ku-ZaWghsavv-j2Kl7sJ8ezAfxhBZDHaNrsrcZ3FG-y8zj88Bh4OUVXXoqFZTQBL5BCVyxMx5-eIUTCQNWxId6AUFQ=w750

Ryan stayed with Bree and I the rest of the race and it helped the miles just tick away having friends to enjoy this race with. (This definitely ruined all future races when I have to run alone.) At some point during mid-race someone yelled “HI JEN!!!!” and I turn around to see @ZellyB and @Chris-Mo in their adorable Tower of Terror Haunted Mansion costumes! (Correction Ryan strikes again!) We gave them some quick hugs and kept going. <3

The next character we stopped for was Football Goofy. He was super fun!

1k0mDFsMilDKJItq52zoZUU_uHK1AhfdpP0HZt0E9K8t1P8Mu-sLiEnHsbLa6kJE6GE7C75uezSuhbUWROdoIRQtv6-mHBiWL8VI8qKs-YAz2By3IHbeLjAJA8ZeKI2oZ90P2EnErA=w500

Then we were headed towards the @Keels Security-Broken-Up-10k-Non-Booze-Stop and getting a hug from her made my race! That was also where I got to meet @mrsg00fy but I didn’t know who she was so she was like “Hi Jenna!!!” and I was like “Ryan who was that?” LOL. But by the end of the trip I knew Monica very well and I am so happy to have met her.

We sailed on to the finish and got a super rad photo of me, Bree, and Ryan coming across the finish line!

maVbEsELa1RpxaExKIK8u4XadFkzLNtyla3jYA8x7lR7NthLQG4vfaoiPjbsdVNL8ch9YTI8b8BYpfDMmISDU5atYAf7ORysssfC9XEUJN7_GPXc3FzMEF2gUmtWwlo5QdPlB5GxUA=w500

oMFXFMreuCrixTKnscA7BNcaUGu33hl2UbUr_f__Y9_tTZAt7gIw0w64jBms1hyYFxA162xVv1zsb7P6YXpC0JXJJ6GXmR88avXZNZRFSdRiPbvJDqRF6QlSSxPp8_i70k5mAIZRVg=w500

Probably my best jump shot of the weekend.

Dcev4c6Jg1qQnQ-hYHxSB7itQrKbEhLwSXexXbQnAr_NZyFXLuG2cIZBqtXxysiqGaerpDS0jCQbZeFL3adWvBuAfV-xfqFyUbS8Y0rrL6Up0Qg-lz3usmhyGuSBoJ2gqiVQpd7QcQ=w750

TknkXDAc0ADr2BEkSDI2K6ukfDUUHS4Yiw8JYz4dybH6SFAMmNJj4Yt-lov_kxSbVD8WUhx-mJV7G36ByDjBljc8dt0nJMvl5y5yTJIJMyd_o9Ze7YNCkJBOUQSLPm3-U05ZFxGIuQ=w500

9.3 miles done, 39.3 miles to go!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter