It’s JUST a Marathon! WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Trip Report

I hate to burst your bubble but Zelly and Chris’s costumes were Haunted Mansion not Tower of Terror ;)

It was great to run with you guys this race. Thanks again for the shots. Running with people you know (or kind of know) is always better.

I can't so much keep up with your trip report because I'm terrible at that, but ... great recaps of everything. I heard the pizza shoutout at the 10K and was wondering if it was you. I'm impressed you made it .52 miles with the pizza ... I wouldn't have made it out of the hotel room. You have great dedication to your costume.

We got told at least twice by a cast member while in the seven chipmunks line during the half “don’t pick up the acorns”. So they must have figured that out by the time we got there.

I still don’t think I’d do well with shots before a race so I’m very impressed!

Love you recap so far! Looks like you all had a blast! Carrying the pizza box even .5 is super impressive!

I love all your 10k shots! You look so happy and adorable. I was so excited when I spotted you on course and then, of course, @Bree and @rteetz . And, don't worry about the costumes. I think I referred to ToT more than once when talking about them to Chris before I would catch myself.

The finish line shot with all of you in it is the best!

We got told at least twice by a cast member while in the seven chipmunks line during the half “don’t pick up the acorns”. So they must have figured that out by the time we got there.

Those stupid acorns...

I'm late to the party, but I'm here for the rest! Loving it so far!
Yay welcome! Wish you were there with us though!

I can't so much keep up with your trip report because I'm terrible at that, but ... great recaps of everything. I heard the pizza shoutout at the 10K and was wondering if it was you. I'm impressed you made it .52 miles with the pizza ... I wouldn't have made it out of the hotel room. You have great dedication to your costume.
You know, but where I failed with the pizza I prevailed with the Pom Poms. Haha.

OH GOOD. We didn't stop for the Seven Chipmunks because we figured people would be doing the same thing there. Glad the CM's were on top of it there.
Maybe next year you should give a shot a chance! ;)

Love you recap so far! Looks like you all had a blast! Carrying the pizza box even .5 is super impressive!
Thanks!

I love all your 10k shots! You look so happy and adorable. I was so excited when I spotted you on course and then, of course, @Bree and @rteetz . And, don't worry about the costumes. I think I referred to ToT more than once when talking about them to Chris before I would catch myself.

The finish line shot with all of you in it is the best!
Thanks Zelly!! It was such a great surprise to see you guys out there and get recognized! Haha.

You know, but where I failed with the pizza I prevailed with the Pom Poms. Haha.

I'm glad you were able to run with the pompoms. It helped me see you when you were running ahead of me ... lots of people were running in polka dots, but when I saw the pompoms, I knew it was you.

Day Four - ToT & HHHH

After the 10k, I was pretty beat. I don’t know why, but once I got to the room the idea of crawling into bed and sleeping just sounded so good. Instead, I just relaxed on the bed, chatted with the group chat, and snuggled with the King Cake (until @Keels threatened my life)…

ztkDFVCkZdH5CfCfJ5mW_de9OzaDPGkyo8wP1VoURnsWr0UQLY3pa8AL5xNA1ZJEs0JJ0CbtVGPyBEjc_BdfTtrAG5fDYEUrHCLi0MhKMIvzf865qafAzzdo_90qB3bB16vEnad1pQ=w750

It took an act of the Disney gods and texts from @Princess KP to finally get me out of the room.

b0niV0wvFgK21bgpNMlxn7BLLVSlmQZJ9pCt8X4TMmuUiAa18W3WZXrA3Iu8EM_Hwwvhh9H0lubB1yCQsdZnbBvYmpIMO4wmVv-V1pmyW7sy_YuxQBFj0phJs6cPg5ozcdEPOkMAAw=w750

We decided to meet at Hollywood Studios to go ride my favorite ride: The Tower of Terror! (Since you know, Disneyland got rid of it, kind of.) Karen tried to work her magic, but this girl at the FP+ line just wasn’t having it, so we had to wait in the Standby line like normal folk. The queue actually went pretty fast. I got some pictures of the inside of the ToT because it looks so cool! We had a girl next to us that was looking for the “chicken out elevator” before she even got inside. I tried my hardest to convince her to just go on it but she wasn’t budging. Karen and I got front row and she gave me the wall side because while I love this ride, I also hate it and have to hold on as much as possible. Problem was, we were wearing our 10k medals so I had to hold on to that or else risk getting hit in the face with it! I didn’t get our ride picture but it was cute – trust me.

mhSYaquB34-40Ng3ARHqQt84ouRE_Mg3ZMm1jgWACVn3dp-EvfqWSwqb5pDyb56lLb5uK8RcHGiCwwiBzz5TGA59sB37p-cDBhuJIc0dP62tR07T0b0xgp4oV1Z9cQhWiaDA-yjOAg=w750

After we got off, we hopped right back in line because why not. We had nothing else to do. So we rode it again! Wee!

DoNvlLDd_O6V3kvNHDTZXKC7nIIlbdeAfmmgzleLsKaVYCVScvL1BoB7_9BwOKEQp0aryRjoe_VCMck4stOimaEaSrMpiCN4ybrEy-SSJjWs9zZhPiIir1IYYUTkn4UasL5JNzid-Q=w500

Then it was time to get some food. I headed to Catalina Eddie’s and grabbed a pizza and a salad and a water (ahhhh responsibility…). Karen and I sat next to some nice guys who were from Europe, probably France. We chatted about the races and one of them had done the Disneyland Paris 10k. Once we were done, we headed back to the Beach Club to get ready for the Hurricane Hannah’s Happy Hour Meet Up. Along the way, we decided that we should probably grab some ice cream from Ample Hills though. I had the Baked Unbaked and my only regret was not going back for more.

qG1ipG36Z1wbfOf40NKuRtS1TJQusO6PNYzNgUBK67oqHdHQAzrkPrlKUCyljwI4deCfraFGTWgMxn7z9t6uQqsIzC3EWI30LlsL3bdlufD0GS8vgLCOSW7WsrTQEmNJQOId55nJow=w500

This was the first big meet up of the week and it was so nice to meet people from the board and put a face to their name and their avatar (#Pretzelface). I started with a Frozen Rose, which was okay, but not my favorite. Then I grabbed a Margarita (or 3) and was feeling much happier. I didn’t really introduce myself to anyone there because I am my own weird form of anti-social, but I did get to chat with some people who approached me plus Margaritas help.

8m1I-hd4wSBWs1ALH0XGxDXNKIgurnZl6PyGkSYvjG6TuhwP0oQ8nGt90-_QxmGgG29bH7nPYgKJFa0-BikM7gVA0LfXINTGiRWOUnrlHY4p75Jp3lY_MN5wuhb1n-H5Ih9LNfb4eg=w500

CN03x9PCNfEdz5kX86MQbva7blNyqF9eJH2L3tjJC-KfxqoL_TuB8DzpJq7S4XB1WmcI6V6Fw9wmQI3VbntmfM0UM2SV4FGPb2xW_W6dnsD1QB_TSgi22ymYOmomElmnOfOzd_DNyQ=w500

The one piece of swag Keels made that I took a picture of!

After the meetup we had dinner reservations at Le Cellier at Canada in Epcot. We couldn’t get a table together for our big party, so at my table was @Bree, @rteetz, and @Princess KP. I got the Filet Mignon with a Mushroom Risotto and a side of Mac N Cheese. I also got a glass of the Cote Du Rhone, which they poured for me from an opened bottle at the table and kind of annoyed me, but it was still good.

uiXy_hU3OIf2e7z2Bbzcht5U5j_Zz2OKqmbG6peZe4Xpt5kadtutnQeVdUyAQmPIolTe1TjBN04sNx5xoOQ-HLn9fsv2yDKNjyiZ6VF_pB0zzezIXXee7Tn_Y349A8eDHz31usyahg=w500

Dinner was great and the company was fun! And then some real loud lady got sat a few tables away from us and she was super annoying. But I mean, what do you do? We all passed on desserts at Le Cellier but I joined One and Two for desserts in France and Bree came along with us too! I had a chocolate coffee mousse and a glass of bubbles. We sat outside on a bistro table and enjoyed the night air. It was fabulous. We all headed back to the Beach Club and while it was late, it wasn’t ~that~ late, so we made our way down to the hot tub where @Keels was making friends with a Boston Marathoner. The warm water felt great on my legs and it was just sooo nice out. Definitely what I needed before the half.

Finally, we went upstairs, got our race outfits ready, and went to bed. Not too late, probably around 11:30pm…. Up next, just a little Half Marathon….

I am surprised you didn't mention that I almost died on that margarita you got.
OMG! I forgot all about that! LOL.

FYI everyone: HH Margs are strong and lil Panda couldn't handle that much tequila.

I think HHHH is all about strange anti-social/social behavior. LOL

I do have one question, was the Boston Marathoner wearing his/her jacket in the hot tub?
He was wearing a Boston Baseball Cap I believe. Haha.

ToT is also MY favorite ride! #greatminds

I love that coozie! (koozy? koozie? how do you spell that?) I never really made it past the first corner at HH, but maybe came on a little too strong to people... so my awkward is probably even worse (annoying) than people who were quiet...

Also... 11:30pm before the half? You're a champ. I hope you went to bed earlier before the marathon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter