Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not even sure I would have noticed. If I had I wouldn't have had a huge issue with it. Seems like the place is casual enough and I figure chairs have had all sorts of umm..things I don't generally like to think about when I go to sit in a chair.

Her feet are probably cleaner than her shoes so if I had to choose I'd choose barefeet on a seat rather than shoes on a seat.

I suppose these types of questions are all sort of relative depending on the context and place. There are some people that might look at that photo and (based on their own cultural background) find it completely disgusting or disrespectful that she's eating with her left hand.

I'd say a little bit of both. It's gross to put your feet up on furniture that other people are going to be using (with or without shoes) but since it's outside the chair is exposed to so many other elements that it seems like a moot point.

Personally, I think it’s beyond weird to purposely take pictures of strangers in order to shame them.
It’s not as if she added the woman’s address, SS#, and phone number. Depending on the state of her feet, it may or may not be disgusting. But it’s rude and shows a complete lack of manners and awareness of how to behave in public. It falls into the “tacky” category.

It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think it's better that she took her shoes off, because the shoes are probably much dirtier than feet that have been in shoes. It's a chair. You don't eat off of it. It would never even cross my mind as something to be concerned about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter