Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
Restaurant.jpg I was at a restaurant the other day with my mom, and we had outdoor seating because it was FINALLY a gorgeous spring day here in WI. I look over, and can't believe what I saw.

Last edited:
Is it the shoe off thing? Is that what has grossed you out?

Yes, she has her shoes both on the ground, and her feet are resting on the chair across from her.

ETA, I also get grossed out by people blowing their nose at the table, so maybe it's me. LOL

Yes, she has her shoes both on the ground, and her feet are resting on the chair across from her.

ETA, I also get grossed out by people blowing their nose at the table, so maybe it's me. LOL

I don't think it's something I'd do but I don't think it would bother me in an outdoor setting like this.

Blowing the nose I agree with you completely though. :)

Nope, wouldn’t even faze me. I always look at a chair before I sit in it so if there was dirt or a stone or something it would get brushed off.

Personally, I think it’s beyond weird to purposely take pictures of strangers in order to shame them.

Nope, wouldn’t even faze me. I always look at a chair before I sit in it so if there was dirt or a stone or something it would get brushed off.

Personally, I think it’s beyond weird to purposely take pictures of strangers in order to shame them.

Please, don't hold anything back. Maybe your friends on the other DIS playground would like to weigh in.

I was wondering what was so offensive about a tortilla chip on the ground...:laughing:

Me too, I had to read the other posts to figure out what I was actually supposed to be looking at. I would never do it, but since I don't plan on eating food off of restaurant chairs anytime soon it isn't likely something I would even notice to be honest, if I did notice, I would basically think in my internal monologue: 'well, that's a choice I wouldn't make', and leave it at that.

Gross, no. Bad manners at a restaurant, yes.

(Then again, I probably wouldn't have noticed. - I was another one wondering what was so gross about the chip until others posted.)

Seconded this in all respects.

I feel like I should tell a terrible story on myself now - Friday night I was on a date and had a sneeze sneak up on me, one of those totally unprepared for, knocks you backward type of sneezes. Instead of sneezing into the bar I was sitting at, I turned my head and sneezed all over my husband. I did then excuse myself to actually blow my nose. I felt so bad...but it was really funny too.

I wouldn’t do it, and do think it maybe shouldn’t be done but wouldn’t worry about it.

And could someone point out the tortilla chip? I guess I am blind as I looked twice and don’t see that. o_O

I wouldn’t do it, and do think it maybe shouldn’t be done but wouldn’t worry about it.

And could someone point out the tortilla chip? I guess I am blind as I looked twice and don’t see that. o_O

It looks like the picture has since been cropped, you are not going crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter