Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes it's gross for 2 reasons:

1) Where are her manners? I also hate when we are driving and I see a passenger with feet on the dash or hanging out the window.
2) My DH has OCD and seeing that would set him off something fierce..it kinda skeeves me out as well, not cool.....now where is that sanitizer??

View attachment 322505 I was at a restaurant the other day with my mom, and we had outdoor seating because it was FINALLY a gorgeous spring day here in WI. I look over, and can't believe what I saw.
Is it a little kid? I can let it slide with a kid. High heals... Before I zoomed in, I thought it was a dirty diaper. Bare feet on the sheet isn't so bad, I mean the alternative is butts and we all know what those things do.

Final verdict: I find it tacky more than gross.

View attachment 322505 I was at a restaurant the other day with my mom, and we had outdoor seating because it was FINALLY a gorgeous spring day here in WI. I look over, and can't believe what I saw.

Over reaction. Not exactly Miss Manners protocol, but not exactly anything to get worked up about either. I'd worry more if her dirty shoes were on the chair to be honest.

restaurant-jpg.322505

Interesting picture, and interesting crop! This reaks of good ol' FAT SHAMING to me! :magnify:

Why didn't you crop out just the legs or blur the top part? Nope, we have to see this young lady in all her glory, mid-bite of her sandwich, fork in the other hand... Nice...

Looking closely at the picture, one foot is barely touching the edge of the chair, and her other foot was crossed over her leg. Hardly seems worthy of a whole thread and poll. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you choose to crop the picture like this, below, to get your point across? Most people here had no clue what you were referring to in the first place, including me. (And it wouldn't even have been a blip on my radar!)

Fat people are seemingly the last group that it's ok to discriminate against. Color, race, religion, special needs, handicaps, don't say a word! But fat, go right ahead! :rolleyes1 THAT is the only thing disgusting to me about your picture!

Alternate crop:

IMG_0622.JPG

Fat people are seemingly the last group that it's ok to discriminate against. Color, race, religion, special needs, handicaps, don't say a word! But fat, go right ahead!

....and bald men. It is still apparently ok to mock and ridicule bald men.

(As the wife of one, I witness it just about every day...)

(I don’t necessarily agree the OP was fat shaming, but I do agree with it still being one of the last 2 acceptable mocking categories...)

Wow, really- because the OP didn't crop to your liking it must be fat shaming?
You are the only one here that brought up the woman's weight, I didn't even notice, it was the white shoes that caught my eye so then I looked at her feet.
This is a trend on social media if you haven't noticed.

I’m in the minority here, but I agree with the OP & think it’s gross in a public eating place. Restaurants require shirts & shoes, so I assume that means they want them on your body.
If you’re in your backyard or your kitchen, have at it, not in a restaurant please.

I love the way we can get off topic, now on to fat shaming and baldness. Please continue. The only thing that makes me sad, is the op never came back to continue the cat fight.

Well....? Am I wrong?

Baldies and those married to baldies speak up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter