Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think it's better that she took her shoes off, because the shoes are probably much dirtier than feet that have been in shoes. It's a chair. You don't eat off of it. It would never even cross my mind as something to be concerned about.
It’s not a footstool either, it’s a chair to put whatever size derrière you have in!

I didn't even notice, it was the white shoes that caught my eye so then I looked at her feet.

Same here - first, I only noticed the tortilla chip (pre-cropping), then I noticed the shoes and finally looked up to see the foot on the chair. Hadn't even bothered to look at the rest of the picture. Pretty sure that the OP wasn't referring to the size of the anonymous women, simply her bare foot.

Sorry I won't be around for the ensuing brouhaha, but I stand by my post! Have at it! :teeth:

Sorry I won't be around for the ensuing brouhaha, but I stand by my post! Have at it! :teeth:

LOL, so you come here and accuse the OP of something, without any evidence except "its a trend on social media" and when called out, you skip out of the thread. Real nice.

Maybe it was you that wanted to turn this thread in to fat shaming, after all you are the only one that brought it up.

LOL, so you come here and accuse the OP of something, without any evidence except "its a trend on social media" and when called out, you skip out of the thread. Real nice.

Maybe it was you that wanted to turn this thread in to fat shaming, after all you are the only one that brought it up.
Nice, yourself. I already responded and I think I made it clear how I felt.

My vote is you are overreacting. I wouldn't have noticed, and if I did, I wouldn't have cared.

Yeah that's gross. I don't want to see someones dirty feet up on a barstool/chair while I'm eating. Much different if she kept the shoes on while putting them up. Speaking of bad manners...

I've seen (or more appropriately heard) people blow their snot-filled noses at restaurant tables. Several times. Yeah, I get we all do it and people need to blow their nose. But at the table? While everyone around you is eating? Just let me eat my smothered burrito in peace, people!! I don't want to look at the smother sauce and think of your snot! :sick:

Yeah that's gross. I don't want to see someones dirty feet up on a barstool/chair while I'm eating. Much different if she kept the shoes on while putting them up. Speaking of bad manners...

I've seen (or more appropriately heard) people blow their snot-filled noses at restaurant tables. Several times. Yeah, I get we all do it and people need to blow their nose. But at the table? While everyone around you is eating? Just let me eat my smothered burrito in peace, people!! I don't want to look at the smother sauce and think of your snot! :sick:

I know I'm in the minority, but to me blowing your nose is better than sitting their snorting and sniffing. That is gross!!!!! Blow your nose as discreetly as possible, and then use some hand sanitizer. Much better than SNIFF SNORK SNIFF HACK.

It’s worse at our local Barnes and Noble where you routinely see people taking off their shoes and putting their bare feet on the fabric club chairs. Now that’s gross!

Honestly, it would gross me out way more to see someone put their SHOED feet on the fabric chairs. The bottoms of shoes are far, far nastier than the bottoms of feet, which have been inside shoes.

It makes me uncomfortable when on tv or movies people sit on beds with shoes on. Like, shoes directly on the bedspread. Bleh.

I have really bad allergies and live in an area notorious for terrible allergies. I do the best I can to get to the bathroom before I sneeze but during the spring or fall explosive sneezes can occur without warning.

Yes it's gross for 2 reasons:

1) Where are her manners? I also hate when we are driving and I see a passenger with feet on the dash or hanging out the window.
2) My DH has OCD and seeing that would set him off something fierce..it kinda skeeves me out as well, not cool.....now where is that sanitizer??
That to me is way better than a public dining chair. It is your own car. Why shouldn't I put my feet up on my car?

Honestly, it would gross me out way more to see someone put their SHOED feet on the fabric chairs. The bottoms of shoes are far, far nastier than the bottoms of feet, which have been inside shoes.

It makes me uncomfortable when on tv or movies people sit on beds with shoes on. Like, shoes directly on the bedspread. Bleh.
You should hear my husband when he sees our kids do this. I usually don't notice but he has radar for it.

Yes it's gross for 2 reasons:

1) Where are her manners? I also hate when we are driving and I see a passenger with feet on the dash or hanging out the window.
2) My DH has OCD and seeing that would set him off something fierce..it kinda skeeves me out as well, not cool.....now where is that sanitizer??

That to me is way better than a public dining chair. It is your own car. Why shouldn't I put my feet up on my car?

That doesn't really bother me for the ick factor, because there is separation and it's in someone else's car. But, I cringe each time I see people do it just because it's incredibly dangerous. In the event of an accident, an air bag going off with your feet on the dash could cause your knees to fly back into your face and break your jaw/nose from the force. There has been a few stories about it.

I hate to be "that person" on the DIS, but thought I'd chime in ;)

I wouldn’t have even noticed.
I think it’s ****ty to deliberately take photos of other people doing stuff for the sole reason of shaming them online.
I think people go out of their way to find things to be offended about.

I think that puts me in the you are overreacting camp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter