Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this had been indoors, it would only bother me because her feet are up on the chair and I just think it's bad manners, but outdoors there are so many distractions and a breeze in case the feet are smelly, that I would probably not even notice! LOL!

I find loud tablets and phones to entertain kids inside of restaurants more annoying than that!

I know, right?? I mean, whose first thought is "I wonder if they have warts?" :rotfl:

Have you ever had plantars warts? They are painful, and can take forever, with surgery, to remove. So, yeah, I don't want to ever get them again, and so prefer that people keep their feet covered or at least off the furniture in public places.

My daughter's dance studio had a wart issue at one time - they are pretty easy to catch if you have areas with sweaty, bare feet. It's also why they recommend college students wear flip-flops in the showers, etc. There's also athlete's foot, HFM, parasitic worms... And then who knows what's been on the floor that your bare feet just stepped on, and then you get it in your shoe.

Good Lord, how did you even notice that? And was it that dreadful a lunch with your mom that you spent time even thinking about how the girl was sitting?

She was at least 21 because the two ladies were having drinks. I happened to be sitting at a table staring directly at her. It was pretty much unavoidable.

Foot fungus for dessert, anyone?

Have you ever had plantars warts? They are painful, and can take forever, with surgery, to remove. So, yeah, I don't want to ever get them again, and so prefer that people keep their feet covered or at least off the furniture in public places.

My daughter's dance studio had a wart issue at one time - they are pretty easy to catch if you have areas with sweaty, bare feet. It's also why they recommend college students wear flip-flops in the showers, etc. There's also athlete's foot, HFM, parasitic worms... And then who knows what's been on the floor that your bare feet just stepped on, and then you get it in your shoe.
If you keep your own shoes on, then you won't be exposed right? And I don't know about you, but I treat any outdoor surface as potentially infected with bird poop so I'm always careful not to touch. Especially the seat of a chair where people in very short shorts and skirts have been.

I also get grossed out by people blowing their nose at the table, so maybe it's me. LOL
Ew, blowing your nose at the table REALLY grosses me out as well. :crazy2::scared:

A lot wrong there. Young woman over weight wearing those shoes. Probably eating high calorie food. Long pants would be better. Unkempt hair practically in her food. Shoes off. And on furniture. Must not have had a good example at home growing up. Has no care to her appearance.
Wow, you're a ray of sunshine. I hope this is brutal sarcasm. Either way, I suppose over weight folks who arent drop dead gorgeous or presentable in any way should be eating in the corner in the dark. Or better yet, just stay home.

Why yes I have had plantars warts, yes I have had them cut out and yes I have had the roots burned, but, I've never had one on my butt from sitting on a chair. Usually when I sit down, I don't take my shoes off, stand on the chair barefeet and then sit. Now back to OP, about time for you to call everyone that didn't agree with you a "dissidiot" and leave the thread.

No, and nobody in my family ever has, either. That sure isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of feet.

Yes once. I'm not sure how I would get one by sitting on a chair. I wouldn't worry about it any more than I would worry about someone with common warts on their hand touching the table.

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2:

Yes, OP, I think you're way over-reacting.

I wouldn't put my feet in a dining chair (either shoed or unshoed) while eating w/ others because it probably does fall in the "tacky" category. However, at an outside, casual dining venue, I'm not even sure I would have noticed where someone else had their feet.

You must not eat at outdoors, beachy restaurants very often.

If I'm at an outdoor, casual restaurant-bar w/ live music & the weather's warm, I could see lounging back in my chair w/ my feet in the chair across from me, enjoying the music & a drink - a lot would depend on the "vibe" & overall atmosphere of the place, & I'd never put the bottoms of my shoes in a chair.

I don't get why some people are so bothered by the sight of bare feet. The bottoms of a person's shoes are much germier than their feet (hopefully).

It's just feet.

I'm more worried about the germs on the menus & the ketchup bottles.

Disclaimer: If you have dirty, unkempt feet, then, yes, by all means, keep your feet covered in shoes. But if a person's feet are clean & neat, then I'm not sure what the problem is w/ bare feet or toes?

The other night, we were eating at an outdoor tapas bar & were sitting at a patio table while listening to a Janis Joplin wannabe. I had on dressy flipflop sandals &, while I didn't kick off my shoes & put my feet in the chair across from me, I did just kinda let them dangle from my feet.

I've been going around in sandals & flipflops (& even sometimes barefoot) all my life, & I've never had any kind of foot fungus or plantar warts.

And the first thing I think of when I see a normal person's feet is NOT "Ooh, gross!! I wonder if they have warts on their feet?!" In fact, I'm not sure I think anything when I see a person's bare feet.

Once, while in Disney, we had been to eat at California Grill, so I was wearing nicer-than-what-I-normally-wear-to-the-parks sandals. After eating, we went into the Magic Kingdom, & it rained so hard that water was rushing down the streets. I didn't want to ruin my sandals, so I waded through the water barefoot. LOL!

And, another time, we were in St. Augustine, &, after eating dinner, decided to do a Walking Ghostly Tour. The sandals I was wearing were not meant for walking all over the city, so, mid-way through the tour, I was barefoot.

Yes it's gross for 2 reasons:

1) Where are her manners? I also hate when we are driving and I see a passenger with feet on the dash or hanging out the window.
2) My DH has OCD and seeing that would set him off something fierce..it kinda skeeves me out as well, not cool.....now where is that sanitizer??

I used to put my bare feet on the dashboard all the time! And then I read about how dangerous it was, so I've stopped. However, when we're on our way to the beach, I'll still put my bare feet on the dashboard just long enough to take a picture.

White shoes before Memorial Day- yes totally gross!

I thought it was white shoes after Easter & before Labor Day! LOL!

Last edited:
All of those who are saying it's gross or rude... do you ever go to the beach or pool and use the loungers there? I'm guessing there were plenty of bare feet on those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter