Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

Lots of October and November availability now!

Is the Navi'i River Journey worth a FastPass+ or is it doable without?

So my 60 day window for FP starts 27 December. I think I am going to plan to start booking (hoping for 2 FOPs) at 12:01 AM on 27 December. Will stay up all night if needed! Won't give up!

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere in the thread - even if you do not get FPs for FoP, it's possible to do the ride at rope drop with a manageable wait. I was able to do this twice last week (in lieu of using two FPs I had for less convenient times later in those days).

On the first day, AK officially opened at 9 am. The gates opened at 8:15 and we were held at the entrance to Pandora until 8:30, as the CMs formed us into what would become the FoP line as we entered. The line never stopped moving and the ride was up and running well before 9 am (keep in mind anyone with FPs couldn't get through yet since the FP windows didn't start until the official opening at 9 am). Except for technical difficulties in the pre-ride area, I would've been off the ride before 9 am. My total wait time in line was around 30-35 minutes (which isn't too bad as I've read that FP waits can still run 20-40 minutes at times for this ride).

On the second day, I didn't arrive right as the gates or Pandora opened, but was in line by about 8:40. I was on the ride by 9:25. A little longer wait but a fair price for avoiding the claustrophobia of waiting with the crowds at the gate and entrance to Pandora. While I'd still suggest a FP if possible, I'm comfortable recommending RD strategy for this one.

Keep checking back - - it seems like things open up every once in a while, and then you might be able to get the FP. Good luck!

I was just able to score FoP FP for the first week of November after having zero luck for the last few weeks. Checking back pays off!

To be clear - Friday they significantly increased the number of FPs for this attraction. Availability jumped up for everything from this week through the 60 day window. Enough that even large parties were able to get what they needed at exact times. Though there was less on high crowd days. These are filling up now but there are still some out there.

This is a common one-time adjustment after a new ride is open. It happened with 7DMT. This is not a phased release. However, because the overall number of FPs has increased it should make make availability at 60 more reasonable going forward. On the flip side it should make FP wait times longer.

Yesterday we were able to confirm FOP for 4pm. on October 30, 2017. All times we available that day. We have been checking daily since when our booking opened in August ----when we could not get any time.
I cannot believe it!!!

Happy in Ohio.

Safe travels

Booked our Fastpasses today for our trip on 11/25 (60 days is today!). We were able to get FOP for our third day, 11/28 at 11am.

Booked our Fastpasses today for our trip on 11/25 (60 days is today!). We were able to get FOP for our third day, 11/28 at 11am.

And apparently Disney has released a greater allotment for each day. So, maybe availability will be better.

To be clear - Friday they significantly increased the number of FPs for this attraction. Availability jumped up for everything from this week through the 60 day window. Enough that even large parties were able to get what they needed at exact times. Though there was less on high crowd days. These are filling up now but there are still some out there.

This is a common one-time adjustment after a new ride is open. It happened with 7DMT. This is not a phased release. However, because the overall number of FPs has increased it should make make availability at 60 more reasonable going forward. On the flip side it should make FP wait times longer.
I hope so. I'm watching the other Pandora thread and up until just recently it was still very hard to get a FP at 60 days.

However, because the overall number of FPs has increased it should make make availability at 60 more reasonable going forward. On the flip side it should make FP wait times longer.

I think this is the trend for FP. All of our FP wait times were longer than normal on our recent trip. My husband kept saying, 'is this the FP line?'

Darn I missed the big drop! Have been DIS AWOL the last few days... :charac2: I went on to check this morning just out of curiosity, as I do once in awhile, if FOP was magically available and there were a few after 5pm spots open on our 2 AK days (but we won't be there either evening so it's a bust for us- I am NOT giving up BOG or Party for the Senses for FOP!). I had tried at our 60+trip mark to get FOP FPs but no luck, at that time I did snag a River Journey for our last AK day. Today, I got a morning River Journey for our first AK day (none were available before!) and got a morning Kilimanjaro Safari that day (none of those were available before either). I'll keep an eye on switching one of the River Journeys to FOP but I'm not too hopeful.

I'm going to go into it willing to wait at least 120 minutes, but hopefully getting a FP at the beginning of March won't be as hard.

So, how has availability changed since the allocation has gone up? Has it dropped at all from 60+4 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter