Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

I booked my fast passes today, I'm doing AK on day 2 and day 5 of my trip. On day 2 they had after 3pm fast passes available but we're only doing the morning, and there was full availability on day 5!
That's good news about Day 2 having any availability, though!

I'm 52 days out and snagged a FP's for FOP today, although it's at a time that will mess with my plan to possibly attend MVMCP. Decisions, decisions. :scratchin:scratchin

We just did ours and AK was on day 4 for us and FOP availability was only 5pm or later. I was a little disappointed but we are a party of 8 so that might have skewed things.

60 day window opened up today. Our trip is only 2 days plus a few hours on departure day in parks. We are actually probably going to skip AK since the focus of this particular trip will be Christmas stuff at Epcot and seeing MK decorated for Christmas (my mom is joining us and she's never been to Disney during the Christmas season). But just for fun, I did look to see if any FOP FPs were available. We would have been able to get them for the third day, with times starting around 12:30.

Our 60 day window opened this morning and with AK being our 1st park day, I wasn't holding my breath. Turns out, it's a good thing I didn't as the FP were cleaned out for the date we needed (Dec 9th). I'll keep going back and checking frequently and hope that I'll get lucky.

**UPDATE** After initially striking out this morning, I was able to get FOP about 3 hours later. So yes, being persistent absolutely pays off.

Last edited:
I'm 52 days out and snagged a FP's for FOP today, although it's at a time that will mess with my plan to possibly attend MVMCP. Decisions, decisions. :scratchin:scratchin
Isn't this always the way with FP's. We often have this issue with dinning reservation times conflicting with our FP's...ugh! Disney is complicated isn't it.

Do you think if the park is open 8-10 there will be a better chance of scoring a FP on day 1 if your visit (60 days out of course). Thanks

I booked yesterday at 60 days out. I forgot to get up early to do it and remembered about noon. I wasn't able to get FOP until the 4th day of the trip. I don't even remember what time slot I got; I just took it.

I'm going 12/9 - 12/15 and I was able to get it at 60 (+5) days no problem - lots of times were available. I also could have gotten 60 (+2), but the times weren't right for our plans. No availability for me for the straight 60 day mark. I was booking for 2 people total if that helps.

09/27 was my 60 day mark for my post-Thanksgiving trip (Sun 11/26 to Sat 12/02)...at 7am I got Navi River Journey for Tues (Day 62) for 12:30pm and I got FOP for Fri (Day 65) for 1pm...this works perfect for me....I will head to AK on Tuesday morning and ride 4 attractions (EE, Primeval Whirl, Navi & Dinosaur)...three of them using FPs...then around 3pm head over to MK to enjoy MVMCP until 12:30am...then Friday will be my full AK day and doing six attractions (Dinosaur, Safari, FOP, EE, FOTLK and ITTBAB...I should be done with AK by 4pm...then its off to DS for dinner at Bongo's at 6pm and shopping afterwards...

I wouldn't call it easy to get a FP for this ride if you're getting it on day 66. The issue is a lot of people do not stay for 6+ days and they're having issues at 7AM on day 64 or 65. I'm definitely going to follow your advice for our next longer trip and AK is scheduled for days 65-67, it is just shorter trips people are having a really hard time getting a FP.

To everyone who randomly got one by checking at random times throughout the day, that's great, it gives some hope for shorter trips!
Really dumb question, but the last time we park hopped was pre FP+, so I am a little nervous!!!

I just added hopper to our March tickets last night in hopes of upping my chances with FOP.

So the dumb question is this: When in the thick of making my FP selections at 6 a.m. (we are in TX) should I just have all my 6 park days initially set up as AK & then if I don’t see FOP, quickly change to another park? Does that make any sense????

I mean as it stands, I have for example MK day one and so on. But I am thinking if I could nab FOP on that first day....

How hard is it to switch parks on the itinerary while in selection mode??

I understand I have to choose my first 3 passes in my first park of the day.

Then again there is the option of making all 3 selections for my 2nd park, isn’t there??

Sorry, this is more of a “how to use fp” question, but it is all coming about bc of FOP and wanting to succeed in getting that FP.

I know people are going early too, but I am not a fan of that idea.

At least not until I don’t get the fp, lol!!

My selection is on Jan 10th.

Heeelllpp! I am one of those people who freaks out and barely breathes while selecting my FPs. And this will be going down while I am supposed to be waking up a kid for school, making breakfast and preparing a sack lunch and getting th kid to school on time.

I wouldn't have upgraded to hopper just for FOP, as it makes no difference unless you are only going to AK for FOP, but you'd still want to make 3 total fast passes at AK at 60 days for the FOP day.

You login, chose the day then chose the park, then see what's available. If fop not available change date and park And try again. You aren't committed to a park until you actually enter that park. However you can only choose fast passes for 1 park per day.

If you bought hopper to up your chances of FOP you wasted money IMHO.

@mumumouse, I would start at my furthest possible date for Animal Kingdom, then work backwards. When you get what you want, start working on other parks.

If you end up having to book FoP on a non Animal Kingdom park day, book that fast pass as early as possible so you can hope to your desired park.

I would try for the furthest away date first (assuming you are onsite), from what I've seen recently the earliest availability is 60+3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!