Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

I wouldn't have upgraded to hopper just for FOP, as it makes no difference unless you are only going to AK for FOP, but you'd still want to make 3 total fast passes at AK at 60 days for the FOP day.

You login, chose the day then chose the park, then see what's available. If fop not available change date and park And try again. You aren't committed to a park until you actually enter that park. However you can only choose fast passes for 1 park per day.

If you bought hopper to up your chances of FOP you wasted money IMHO.
I shouldn’t have worded it as “upping my chances” but felt it might give us more flexibility, if say once in the parks a FP pops up on the app.

I hear a lot of people have been lucky refreshing and getting “day of” passes too.

I assume once we have done our 1st 3 passes we can then check and book our 4th FP for our 2nd park?

Again, have only hopped prior to FP+.

I have the “Gift of Magic” offer which allowed us to get a “free” park day when we upgraded to hopper.

I booked as soon as the offer came out.

I think it ends today.

I initially did not have hopper, but because of the offer I fell for it.

I have until Feb 9 to alter without penalty.

If I keep hearing Park Hopper not needed, I can still cancel.

It was $117 for the 2 of us. So because of the offer, slightly less than what we’d normally pay for it for a 6 day visit.

We were there in early Dec. and we had no problems at all getting FP. Actually, I didn't even try for FP's until later in the day at my 60 days. Got FOP three different days with no problems.

We were there in early Dec. and we had no problems at all getting FP. Actually, I didn't even try for FP's until later in the day at my 60 days. Got FOP three different days with no problems.
I just did my FP's last week and barely got a FP for FOP for day 63. I wouldn't say it's easy to get by any means.

This is actually another reason I chose to add park hopper.

I figured we might like FOP so much and if we are able to get various FPs for it over the course of our 6 day stay, we will have the chance to ride multiple times with hopper.

Once we’ve done a full day at AK, or even a day and a half, we will probably not want to be stuck there all day. So we’ll hop somewhere else.

In order to choose FOP we most likely will need 2 full park days there w/o hopper.

Wait a minute! Someone set me straight please. Can we ride FOP multiple time in one day?? Or are you only allowed one ride per day there?

I hadn’t thought of that. Or can you do one after another if you can get it?

Just a note: we go every year, otherwise I would be more concerned with doing each park more thoroughly.

This is actually another reason I chose to add park hopper.

I figured we might like FOP so much and if we are able to get various FPs for it over the course of our 6 day stay, we will have the chance to ride multiple times with hopper.

Once we’ve done a full day at AK, or even a day and a half, we will probably not want to be stuck there all day. So we’ll hop somewhere else.

In order to choose FOP we most likely will need 2 full park days there w/o hopper.

Wait a minute! Someone set me straight please. Can we ride FOP multiple time in one day?? Or are you only allowed one ride per day there?

I hadn’t thought of that. Or can you do one after another if you can get it?

Just a note: we go every year, otherwise I would be more concerned with doing each park more thoroughly.
You can ride it as much as you want as long as you're willing to wait or get REALLY lucky to get another FP for it. We have a FP for 5:40 pm and might get in line again at the end of the night.

You can ride it as much as you want as long as you're willing to wait or get REALLY lucky to get another FP for it. We have a FP for 5:40 pm and might get in line again at the end of the night.
That is what I am hearing!! Once ridden people want more. Plus I would like to do day and night. Nighttime looks cool. And I have never even seen the movie, lol!

You can book your 4th as soon as you can scan in for the 3rd

Haven't been to WDW in several years so sorry if this is a dumb question but... if you have a hopper and use your last FP say at MK but want to book a 4th FP at AK for later that day/eve can you do that through your app when you are still at MK? :confused3

Haven't been to WDW in several years so sorry if this is a dumb question but... if you have a hopper and use your last FP say at MK but want to book a 4th FP at AK for later that day/eve can you do that through your app when you are still at MK? :confused3
Apparently so!

Isn’t that cool! You used to have to go to a kiosk to make subsequent passes.

Then I think the whole FP+ was kinda killing the hopper system.

So if I understand correctly, as soon as you scan in for your initial 3rd Ride, you are free to make a fourth choice and if you choose for it to be in another park, so be it.

I don’t think you have to physically be in the other park when you make your selection.

You used to have to go to a kiosk in the second park.

I don’t think you have to physically be in the other park when you make your selection.

You don't. You can make a reservation at another park as soon as you scan for your LAST FP+ at your current park. In my experience, it does not even have to be a 4th FP+, just have used all the ones reserved for the day. I have many times done Epcot, having only made 1 or 2 FastPasses (FEA and maybe one tier 2) and then hopped to another park, making my FP selection from the App in Epcot.

Really dumb question, but the last time we park hopped was pre FP+, so I am a little nervous!!!

I just added hopper to our March tickets last night in hopes of upping my chances with FOP.

So the dumb question is this: When in the thick of making my FP selections at 6 a.m. (we are in TX) should I just have all my 6 park days initially set up as AK & then if I don’t see FOP, quickly change to another park? Does that make any sense????

I mean as it stands, I have for example MK day one and so on. But I am thinking if I could nab FOP on that first day....

How hard is it to switch parks on the itinerary while in selection mode??

I understand I have to choose my first 3 passes in my first park of the day.

Then again there is the option of making all 3 selections for my 2nd park, isn’t there??

Sorry, this is more of a “how to use fp” question, but it is all coming about bc of FOP and wanting to succeed in getting that FP.

I know people are going early too, but I am not a fan of that idea.

At least not until I don’t get the fp, lol!!

My selection is on Jan 10th.

Heeelllpp! I am one of those people who freaks out and barely breathes while selecting my FPs. And this will be going down while I am supposed to be waking up a kid for school, making breakfast and preparing a sack lunch and getting th kid to school on time.
I think your decision to get park hopper is a good one. We have a 6 day park hopper. One day we have FP for FOP in early AM along with EE and safari. Got them as early as we could. will hop to Epcot world showcase for afternoon, dinner and illumanations. We also have a full day in AK to catch evening stuff and use FP on FOP again.

I just did my FP's last week and barely got a FP for FOP for day 63. I wouldn't say it's easy to get by any means.

Just telling you what we did! Yes, it was very easy for us - we had multiple days/times to choose when I made FP's - we were there 9 days. I could only ride it once because of motion issues, so dh was able to ride it 5 times using my MB also! He loved it, I will try again another trip. Your experience was just that - yours!

@mumumouse, I agree about the PH's. We have AP's and love to 'hop'! We never spend all day in one park. Having choices and variety is what I love there.

Last edited:
Made my fastpasses this morning for trip starting 3/3/18. Got fastpasses for FOP (2 people) on day 60 + 2 at 5:45 pm and on day 60 + 4 at 10:35 am.

at 7am today :
2:55pm was first available for day 60+4 (but plenty of afternoon/evening)
all day available for day 60+6

Got FOP fast passes for 9 ppl on day 60+2 during Presidents' day week which is typically very busy.
Must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Made our FP today for our trip starting 3/4. FoP unavailable on 60 and 60+1 and very few on 60+2. I booked for 60+6 but still hoping to find 2 for 60+1.

Posted this in the Pandora thread, but I also made my FPs today. Nothing for 60+0,1, or 2 for just one person. 60+3 had 3:30 available, but that's too close to my DME time. So I'm just going to modify my NRJ FP like mad these next 60 days until I get it.

We were able to get FOP fastpasses for six people at 60+3, a second round for six people at 60+5, and then two more for my parents on 60+6 because they have an extra day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!