• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

Let me tell you something hilarious about Aladdin...We were on our 9th visit, on the Magic Carpet..we never knew that this can happen to you ....but while actually riding, a camel can squirt you too!! I guess your flying vehicle has to be "just the right" height (since riders can adjust that) and the timed squirt has to happen at the right moment, I really don't know, but it squirted my husband in the eye (he wears glasses) and in the mouth. hahahaha...that one moment had more magic in it than all my previous trips put together!! :rotfl:
The camel spitting is one of my daughter's (now 13) favorite things. She maneuvered our carpet on our first ride when she was 4 and she managed to get me squirted twice. Ever since it has been a game we play every trip. Precious memories!

Coming from a family of immigrants I wholeheartedly disagree. But because you live in America you can feel free to say negative things about the country without fear of harm to you or your family.

Because you live in this prosperous land you can afford to take many vacations to Disney spending thousands of dollars on tickets and lodging not to mention breakfast buffets that cost $50 a person.

In America you have so much extra leisure time that you can spend hours a day on your iPhone posting on discussion boards about overrated attractions. These same iPhones that people in third world countries assemble for $300 a month working 11 hour days.

So I will visit the America attraction with pride when I visit Epcot this winter and thank the Lord every day that this land is now my home!
Sometimes we forget how blessed are to live in this country. With everything that is wrong with it, I am truly thankful that this is my country.

To each his or her own. It's all fake. It's all a facade. If that makes you happy, ok. I prefer real life experiences, and I prefer that for my kids.

Disney every once in a while is all well and good. I've taken my kids to the Grand Canyon, to the Rockies, to a space shuttle launch, to broadway shows, whale watching, on a medical mission trip, and other things. There's a whole amazing world out there with real amazing people, so yes it makes me sad for people who limit their travels to a corporate-constructed illusion. I feel the same way for people who are addicted to Vegas.

It's ok if you disagree.
My kids have been many of these places as well. My oldest has been to Iceland and England. My daughter and I just got back from a trip to NYC where we saw The Lion King and Wicked on Broadway. We have also been on a Mission trip to Guatemala. Next week my kids are going yo spend a week at the beach with their brother. In two years my daughter will go on a mission trip to Africa with our church. Just because we go to WDW each year doesn't mean we are uncultured. It just means we have a favorite destination among many.

• Dole Whip. Not bad, just not a "wow" factor dessert. I still don't understand why this pineapple treat is so hyped up.
  • Ice cream at Disney. Sooooooo expensive. I know having ice cream in front of Cinderella's castle on a hot summer day is the epitome of a Disney vacation for many people. But the price you pay for a small single scoop, I could buy a gallon of ice cream at the store and on a good day: buy one get one free:rotfl:
  • Planning out every single thing. I live close to WDW and am an AP, so I understand if your coming from a distance and only visit once a year or couple years. But some people just plan out every single detail of their Disney trip. I love being spontaneous and not being anchored down on my park day to a dining reservation and such. Go with the flow :)

• Dole Whip. Not bad, just not a "wow" factor dessert. I still don't understand why this pineapple treat is so hyped up.
  • Ice cream at Disney. Sooooooo expensive. I know having ice cream in front of Cinderella's castle on a hot summer day is the epitome of a Disney vacation for many people. But the price you pay for a small single scoop, I could buy a gallon of ice cream at the store and on a good day: buy one get one free:rotfl:
  • Planning out every single thing. I live close to WDW and am an AP, so I understand if your coming from a distance and only visit once a year or couple years. But some people just plan out every single detail of their Disney trip. I love being spontaneous and not being anchored down on my park day to a dining reservation and such. Go with the flow :)

Being close and being able to go frequently does make a big difference though. You're able to be more spontaneous than someone who may only be able to every few years so of course they will plan most of their trip in advance. They want to get as much out of their trip as they can.

Being close and being able to go frequently does make a big difference though. You're able to be more spontaneous than someone who may only be able to every few years so of course they will plan most of their trip in advance.
Completely agreeable under those circumstances for sure! I wish I could relate to their situation. But some people just get really, REALLY let down if they don't get that BOG reservation or don't snag that 7DMT fastpass; their Disney dream vacation becomes "ruined." Yes those things are great and nice, but don't let those kind of things ruin your dream vacation! The fact you're going to experience WDW is what its all about in my opinion :)

We were just at WDW in June. I think FEA is overrated as is Na'vi River. They are both just boat rides. Na-vi at least had cool visuals but FEA has a plain wall in some spots on the opposite side of the scene.
BOG - We found it to be overpriced and not a lot of food. It was good but I wouldn't go back.

Completely agreeable under those circumstances for sure! I wish I could relate to their situation. But some people just get really, REALLY let down if they don't get that BOG reservation or don't snag that 7DMT fastpass; their Disney dream vacation becomes "ruined." Yes those things are great and nice, but don't let those kind of things ruin your dream vacation! The fact you're going to experience WDW is what its all about in my opinion :)

I hear you there. ::yes::I've never had a bad trip because I couldn't get a dining reservation particularly at BOG as I've yet to be successful in snagging a dinner reservation there and I've been trying since it opened.:sad2: Some things though I have to do on my trip. Particularly new attractions and events like HEA, Pandora, ROL and that ever-elusive SWGS. :sad1:

Overrated for me was the 7 Dwarves Mine Train. The theming was great, but I was expecting more of a thrill ride. Plus I was very uncomfortable in the ride - 6'2" and XL was not great.

Stitch's Great Escape. I love Stitch, but this attraction needs to go. I'd love to see it re-imagined into a Stitch space adventure ride.

Overrated for me was the 7 Dwarves Mine Train. The theming was great, but I was expecting more of a thrill ride. Plus I was very uncomfortable in the ride - 6'2" and XL was not great.

But was never billed as a thrill ride!! Was to be, and is, a family ride!! Thankfully! It's the only coaster ride I can still do as it's so smooth it doesn't put my neck out of wack! Can't comment on the size issue as dh & I are both small size.

ALL restaurants! they are all overpriced for the quality and sometimes the quantity of food you get, none of them are places that you will visit if they where outside Disney charging the same price.

This. I just started planning a summer 2018 trip after not having been back since 2010 (moved to Cali-go to DL), and I am astounded at the prices of the TS restaurants. They were expensive then, but worse now. And, really, they aren't fantastic. $43 pp for a mid-level buffet? The theming on some of them is good (looking at you Sci-Fi, Primetime, and Biergarten) but the food tends to be mediocre. We will probably hit one, but will stick to rotisserie chicken and the decent options in some CS locations for the rest of our dinners.

And, really, they aren't fantastic. $43 pp for a mid-level buffet? The theming on some of them is good (looking at you Sci-Fi, Primetime, and Biergarten) but the food tends to be mediocre.

Having eaten at pretty much all of the restaurants in the parks and many in the resorts, I so agree with this!! We have stopped doing buffets because they simply are not worth it. The food is not that good. There are some TS restaurants that are absolutely incredible and that we try to go to every time we're there (Tiffin's, Ohana, Boathouse, and a few others), but there are quite a number of them that we've eaten at once or twice and will probably not go back to. Sadly most character dining experiences are definitely in the "one and done" category for me.

My most overrated thing at WDW? Carousel of Progress. I've ridden it what feels like 5,000 times because many of my CM friends adore it and I got dragged on it every time I went with them when I lived in Orlando. A few times was fine. Multiple times every time we were in Magic Kingdom was not. I finally started just going over to Space Mountain when they decided to ride it.

This. I just started planning a summer 2018 trip after not having been back since 2010 (moved to Cali-go to DL), and I am astounded at the prices of the TS restaurants. They were expensive then, but worse now. And, really, they aren't fantastic. $43 pp for a mid-level buffet? The theming on some of them is good (looking at you Sci-Fi, Primetime, and Biergarten) but the food tends to be mediocre. We will probably hit one, but will stick to rotisserie chicken and the decent options in some CS locations for the rest of our dinners.

Location, Location, Location!! And, people are lining up!! Difficult to get ressies at some of them! We get a few 'must do's' and CS the rest. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter