In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

I used to work in Adventureland (at Disneyland), including the Enchanted Tiki Room which has a Dole Whip stand in the attraction itself. How ironic that, despite years of seeing long lines for that frozen treat, I never even though to try it until a ridiculously hot, thirsty day in Orlando -- where I ordered a Dole Whip Float out of desperation. It was incredibly delicious, creamy, fresh-tasting, fruity goodness. I wonder if my fond experience was due to that desperation.

I still didn't know what that thing is made of though... I googled it a couple of weeks ago, while enjoying one, and don't recommend that anyone else do the same. Or you might also end up adding it to your "overrated" list.

(Hint: real pineapple is only used in the "natural and artificial flavoring.")

I still didn't know what that thing is made of though... I googled it a couple of weeks ago, while enjoying one, and don't recommend that anyone else do the same. Or you might also end up adding it to your "overrated" list.

(Hint: real pineapple is only used in the "natural and artificial flavoring.")
Oh yeah, you don't want to do that, unless you really need to know for allergy related reasons

Mickey waffles...they are cute but really not that good. I much prefer waffle house waffles lol. And Peter Pan ride. It's a cool ride but I would never wait over an hour for it. And it always has crazy wait times! Like all day long. I dont get it.

Butterfinger Cupcake - I was so excited to get one and it looked so yummy. Then I bit into it and realized that mound on top was white icing disguised with a thin layer of chocolate.

In a bizarre way I actually love that the cupcakes are so disappointing because I'd never have the urge to eat one. I can admire them from afar without the slightest urge. It's kind of a nice change of pace.

I have to chime in here and say that I read about so many "must try" snacks on this board before we went to Disneyland last week. We had not been since 2010 and snacks were not in the budget back then so we had not tried any of these popular items. I was really disappointed in the Dole whip. I like pineapple but I thought that it mainly just tasted sweet. Some posters here have said too sour, but I found it to be not sour enough. My DH and DD got the Dole whip float and the juice that it was served in was not cold - big disappointment on a pretty hot day. What definitely did live up to the hype and then some was the raspberry macaroon at Jolly Holiday. OMG sooooo good. I am kind of glad that I did not try one until our last day or I am afraid I would have been making special park hopping trips to get them all week long. Incredible!! The Matterhorn macaroon was also good.
Where is Jolly Holiday located? I would love to try one of those raspberry macaroons......

Mickey waffles...they are cute but really not that good. I much prefer waffle house waffles lol. And Peter Pan ride. It's a cool ride but I would never wait over an hour for it. And it always has crazy wait times! Like all day long. I dont get it.
It has one of the lowest hourly capacities of any ride at MK, and by far the lowest for a dark ride (excluding Pooh).

The queue for Peter Pan is amazing though. It's ironically obvious that the queue was more recent than the ride itself, because the queue is sparkling and crisp, and features fun new technology. And then you get on the ride and you can tell that the ride is decades old.

Yep. Don't like them at all. Love the ice cream sandwiches though.

They are good, just insanely overpriced because everyone is going to buy their kid one. They would probably seek fairly well at $10 a piece, maybe if they added a collectible handle to it, like the old Pink Things from other parks (SFOT still sells them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter