In search of my body...not the one I ate! Part Deux... We sit at the popular table!

Exactly ZERO. This is my first race of length. I have only done two 5k races (3.1 miles...this is 13.1).
This is your first race... You will pace yourself .. and you will FINISH to me that should be your goal! AS you progress You will start moving up the scale of finishing closer to the front.. you should be proud of yourself for just FINISHING!
Here is some running quotes just for you!
"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts" you have more than I you are running a race

"No negative thoughts cross my mind on race day. When I look into their eyes, I know I'm going to beat them."
Danny Harris

"Good things come slow - especially in distance running."
- Bill Dellinger, Oregon coach

Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart."
- Mike Fanelli, club coach

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer

"A runners creed: I will win; if I cannot win, I shall be second; if I cannot be second, I shall be third; if I cannot place at all, I shall still do my best." - Ken Doherty

Ok I totally Love you guys but I need to pack! This apartment won't pack it's self (darn thing) If you see me on within the next few hours YELL AT ME!!!:lmao:

Steph: I have to pop back in and say wonderful inspirational quotes. Such support on this thread. It really is a great place to be (or lurk as the case may be). :goodvibes

Erika: I read the edit afterward and you are seriously making me :lmao: That was cute. Darned taper madness!! I will be 42 in October (27th) so my Mikey is just a baby and yes, he IS 40 today.

Steph: I have to pop back in and say wonderful inspirational quotes. Such support on this thread. It really is a great place to be (or lurk as the case may be). :goodvibes

Erika: I read the edit afterward and you are seriously making me :lmao: That was cute. Darned taper madness!! I will be 42 in October (27th) so my Mikey is just a baby and yes, he IS 40 today.

:lmao: :rotfl2: Sorry that I got that so bass-ackwards! Oh well. I love that I can blame it on taper madness! :rotfl2:

And yeah, I have read Bingham's book, so I know about the shopping issue! :goodvibes

Anyway, Happy 40th to Mike!

Steph--I would say thanks for the inspirational quotes, but since you are not supposed to be on, you won't see it.... :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Steph--I would say thanks for the inspirational quotes, but since you are not supposed to be on, you won't see it.... :rolleyes1 :lmao:

i see it I see it Taking a break to get tools to take apart the crib.. yes I have a crib in the boys room still and Ty is going to be 6. I left it up incase I had one of the nieces. It's coming DOWN NOW!

I will be 42 in October (27th) so my Mikey is just a baby and yes, he IS 40 today.

I'm 42 also. And mostly I don't feel it (or in any way ACT it :rolleyes1 ) But there are days....

My motto is, I won't grow old gracefully - I'm going to fight it every step of the way!! :laughing:

This is your first race... You will pace yourself .. and you will FINISH to me that should be your goal! AS you progress You will start moving up the scale of finishing closer to the front.. you should be proud of yourself for just FINISHING!
Here is some running quotes just for you!
"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts" you have more than I you are running a race

"No negative thoughts cross my mind on race day. When I look into their eyes, I know I'm going to beat them."
Danny Harris

"Good things come slow - especially in distance running."
- Bill Dellinger, Oregon coach

Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart."
- Mike Fanelli, club coach

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer

"A runners creed: I will win; if I cannot win, I shall be second; if I cannot be second, I shall be third; if I cannot place at all, I shall still do my best." - Ken Doherty

Great post, Steph!

(now get back to packing!) :goodvibes

I have to make coffee, switch some laundry....then I'll get back to you Erika and tell you about Dead Last Debbie.

Where is that impatient toe-tapping smiley that you were looking for yesterday??? :lmao:

Back from a horrible 3.75 mile run. Just awful. It is very humid here as well as very windy...just weird weather. That on top of no sleep and lots of stress made for a bad run. Oh well. At least I got it in.

Go away for a few days and the whole world passes you by while you're gone... Yikes, you all talk a lot....:rotfl:

First off thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes... It was nice to read them when I did have a few minutes on a computer. My time in New Jersey was awesome. The workshops I participated in were awesome and reassured me as to why I work for the company I do. We had an awesome dinner out on Friday so it was a nice birthday dinner of filet mignon, an awesome salad and a few bites of one of the most delicious chocolate cakes I have ever had. It was like sex on a plate I tell you... And Liz, you were right, the comedy show was great. I had a few vodka tonics along the way, but when I got on the scale on Sunday morning I weighed no more than I did when I weighed myself on Thursday before I left so I think the weekend was a huge success... (and yes, I am anal and weigh myself every day now just to keep an eye on things). Liz - I promise, the next time I go down there, we are getting together....

:love: Paula...me and you are the same age...and I am older...and I look it cause you look just mavelous!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Dawn - you are too sweet for saying that.... Can you call yourself an almost 40 YO when you only consider yourself to be about 30 in your head...
Okay, pictures:

And finished
2856932839_f567fecfc6.jpg

Liz - I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful picture of you.... What a great accomplishment. I was thinking of you on Sunday and am so proud of how far you have come....

So this afternoon I was sitting watching a movie and the phone rings it's The currant owners! I was almost tempted not to answer.. I was think OH GAWD! They need more time! I did break down and answer (yes I am one of those type I can't let a phone ring) It was betsy she wanted to know if I had heard anything else from the bank if any thing else needed to be repaired. I said NOPE not that I am aware of! I think they were just waiting on paper work from our insurance company and that was it! I faxed the paperwork myself. Oh good she said Jay and I are on our way to sign our lease papers and we should have everything out by next weekend! :banana: :banana: :banana: I knew there was a reason for answering the phone!!!! :yay: Yay so if all goes well I should be moving into my new House By next week sometime! So If you notice that I am not posting than that means I am packing! If you notice that I am posting WAY TO MUCH Tell me to GET OFF AND PACK! I still have almost the whole upstairs to pack and that would consist of three BIG bedrooms and Two baths I have managed to pack most of the linen closet. I have a ton of laundry :laundy: to do to because right now I don't pay for utilities and I will have to after we move, So I need to wash everything before we are out of here LOL!
Ok off to bed! Nighty NITE!

Whoo Hoo!!!!! Steph's goning have a new house soon!!!!!!:dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Steph. But honestly, I would KILL and I mean KILL to be in the middle of the pack. I won't be. I'll be in the back, for sure. The average for this race is an 8:40-pace. I have never run even one mile at that pace let alone 13. So I will be in the back. The question is how far...

Nancy--can't wait to hear that story!

Oh! I almost forgot!

Liz--totally gets a goddess crown!!!! As if!
Kat--goddess crown for getting back to the gym!
Steph/Paula--let us know about weigh-in tonight.

Erika - I will let you know how things go.... I have my appointment than some quick laundry to do before my first aqua aerobics class tonight.... (yes, I am not afraid to head back to the water...)

I do have one thing to say to you though about your upcoming race... Who the hell cares where in the back you finish... As I recall, you had said the following to me at one point...

Finishing last beats did not finish which trumps did not have the courage to start!!!!

You are an amazing woman and you have the ability and the courage to finish anything you start. It is time to give yourself a little credit for what you are accomplishing here... I think I speak for everyone when I say that we will all be in your head as you run cheering you to the finish line....

Have a great day everyone... I am off to take care of a few things at work now...

Paula

Ike did so much damage here. It's crazy. There are hundreds of thousands of people without electric. Schools are closed. I am just floored that a hurricane actually made it's way up here. (well, it's nothing compared to Texas, but this is nuts!)

We are fine. Electric and schools in thank heavans.

I have a ton of laundry :laundy: to do to because right now I don't pay for utilities and I will have to after we move, So I need to wash everything before we are out of here LOL!

This is classic.:rotfl:

Yay!!

I bought a Gazelle today... 85 bucks at Walmart... We'll see if it helps me or not... LOL!

Ohh, a new machine. Can't wait to hear.

Good morning babes. It is an un-Godly hour. 6am. And I have been awake since 3--just horrible insomnia. Pre-race stress. I woke up at 3 and started doing math...if there are 1500 runners and only 100 who walk at 15 minutes per mile, and the walkers get a 30-minute head start, at what mile will I pass them running at an 11 minute per mile pace??? And approximately how many people will be behind me? Crap like that. Good times. It's like the worst possible math word problems from 7th grade! :lmao:.

EriKa! You are going to have the longest week of your life! Better ask a doctor for some meds. When is your race? Sunday?

My time in New Jersey was awesome. The workshops I participated in were awesome and reassured me as to why I work for the company I do. We had an awesome dinner out on Friday so it was a nice birthday dinner of filet mignon, an awesome salad and a few bites of one of the most delicious chocolate cakes I have ever had. It was like sex on a plate I tell you...

Paula, don't forget, we have to have pictures.

Forgot.... still need to answer the latest survey.... I'll post pics later tonight (I hope...)

#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:

Paula (37)... I am single with no kids, but my sister and my parents are very much a part of my life...

#2 What are some of your trigger foods?
Reese's peanut butter cups.... good crusty bread.... my mom's corned beef... or my mom's pot roast...

#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence?
I am getting better at this, but I would love to be able to hike the mountains and not feel weird about not being able to keep up...

#4 Occupation (if legal)
I am an architect by education and a construction manager by training. I work on a job site managing the contractors for large commercial projects. Currently working on restoration work at the NYS Capitol in Albany. It may not be exercise, but it will be nice to not have to worry about the load capacity of a ladder anymore...

#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?
As much as I want to say that I want a longer life, but I really want to have the confidence in myself to know that I fit in and can stop feeling like a freak in society...

#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?
I want to shop in any damn store I choose and not just the plus sized ones...

talk to you later,
Paula

Ike did so much damage here. It's crazy. There are hundreds of thousands of people without electric. Schools are closed. I am just floored that a hurricane actually made it's way up here. (well, it's nothing compared to Texas, but this is nuts!)

We are fine. Electric and schools in thank heavans.

Paula, don't forget, we have to have pictures.

Glad to hear that you came through the storm relatively unscathed....

I took pictures, but I need to download them and tweak the colors a bit. They look really dark on the little screen. I am hoping to have them up tonight...

Paula

Good morning babes. It is an un-Godly hour. 6am. And I have been awake since 3--just horrible insomnia. Pre-race stress. I woke up at 3 and started doing math...if there are 1500 runners and only 100 who walk at 15 minutes per mile, and the walkers get a 30-minute head start, at what mile will I pass them running at an 11 minute per mile pace??? And approximately how many people will be behind me? Crap like that. Good times. It's like the worst possible math word problems from 7th grade! :lmao:

I made the mistake of looking at the results from this race from last year, and I am going to be a solid back of the packer, for sure. I won't be the dead last finisher, but it's gonna be close, I fear.

Normally lack of sleep wouldn't bother me, but Monday is my big day of the week. I have to be up on campus and up on the "big screen." Again, good times.

KAT--great job getting back in the gym! Is this a new gym? Or can you still use the same one as before?

STEPH--great news on the house! Just a few more days. I am excited for you, though I don't envy the actual packing and moving part.

Ok, on with the day...this is gonna be brutal. :sad2:

P.S. DAWN--time to start PART 3 of this thread! :cool: We will get locked at 200 pages.

I agree with Paula... better to finish last and say you finished than to never start....

Erika, thanks for the b-day wishes but it is my DH's 40th today. I will be in WDW for mine in October. ToT is my birthday race!!

Back of the pack is not so bad, it gives you something to look at and something to aspire to. I did the same math equation when I was getting ready for WDW in January. At what point would I pass Windwalker and his group. It was just before we entered MK on Contemporary Hill if that helps you out any. I was at about an 11:17 pace then. Just remember that finishing is what is important. This is a PR no matter how you look at it and you have something to work toward bettering. My first half was a 2:31:44 finish, my second was a 2:18:55 and I am hoping beyond hope for under 2:15 for the next one. This is TOTALLY taper madness. The nightmares, the second thoughts and all of it. Oh, and stay out of stores if I did not mention it already. Things look WAY cuter right now!!!

Oh and one final note, 8:30-8:40 mpm HURTS!! Do not try this at home!

Steph, congrats on the house news! YAY!!!

Liz: You rock!!

Everyone else, a quick hi from me. I have a cold :sick: and I missed my 10 miler yesterday so I have miles to make up. Shelby has a field hockey game after school today and after the supreme boys party on weekend, I am pretty much finished for the week. No kidding. We have field hockey, soccer, running, doctors appointments (getting old bites), mammogram (did I mention getting old bites?) and school open house and field hockey benefit auction and dinner. Full week to say the least!!

Everyone enjoy your week and I will keep trying to catch up although starting a new thread would definitely help...:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday and feel better :)

Ohh, a new machine. Can't wait to hear.

I am gonna try it tonight so I will let everyone know :)

Not a whole lot to talk about right now... Nothing really new... LOL... Hub is back on nights which is good cuz he'll be less grumpy but bad cuz I go back to my weird *** sleep schedule... Thats about it.... lol... More later :)

Paula- You just reminded me that I haven't done the updated survey yet....I'll get to that later.

Now for the story of Dead Last Debbie (Erika - it's not a very exciting story, so if you have insomnia tonight, come back and read it - it'll put you to sleep I'm sure ;) )

When DH and I were training for the Disney 1/2 marathon, we decided that it would be a good (ha!) idea :idea: to run the Hartford 1/2 marathon in October as a...????...preview? I dunno. We did want to get a qualifying time to submit to WDW so that we could *hopefully* get a decent start corral.

So here we are. Me - nervous, anxious, downright scared that I won't be able to actually DO this. While there are a lot of runners at the Hartford marathon, there weren't THAT many really, and even less only running the 1/2. As we were waiting around in the crowd before the race was starting, a woman caught my eye. Well, actually her SHIRT caught my eye. It was a Disney 1/2 marathon shirt. :earsgirl: She turned, and I could see that she had written on the back "Dead Last Debbie".

I had to ask her about the Disney 1/2 - I mean really - we were headed there soon and all....well, I'm just plain curious. ;) She told us that her name was Debbie (yeah, I figured that much! :laughing: ) and yes indeed she had completed the Disney 1/2 marathon and came in dead last. Her goal was to not get picked up by the "sweepers" who enforce the minimum time requirments - and she succeeded. :thumbsup2 She was very inspiring (like Liz! :woohoo: ) and told us her story of why she started participating in these events, and raising money for her charity (Lukemia & Lymphoma) and how it matters NOT how you place, but that you went out there and tried your best....pushing yourself thru that bit of "discomfort" because YOUR end is in sight. You only have 13.1 miles and you are done. And you did this by CHOICE. But the folks who are struggling with cancer...yeah. Not so much of a choice....and for many, no end in sight.

So out we went - running our fool hearts out. And at about 10 miles I wanted to quit. :sad1: It sucked. Big time. DH ran with me the whole way :love: instead of running his own pace...and he told me that we could walk if I wanted. It was my choice. As soon as he said "choice" - that was it. The voices in my head SCREAMED at me to "SHUT UP AND DO IT". And so I did.... :thumbsup2

(and I even managed to squeak in just under one of the time cut-offs for a better start corral at Disney! :woohoo: )

So - nerves are to be expected...anxiety - a given. But your adreniline (sp?) and sheer determination will pull you thru. And I can guarantee that you will be so pleased with your accomplishment. And we will all be SO PROUD of you - and your kids will be so proud as well (my first race they were there with cowbells and signs- cheering like they've never cheered before.) I'm sure Liz will agree - it's an amazing feeling.

Paula- You just reminded me that I haven't done the updated survey yet....I'll get to that later.

Now for the story of Dead Last Debbie (Erika - it's not a very exciting story, so if you have insomnia tonight, come back and read it - it'll put you to sleep I'm sure ;) )

When DH and I were training for the Disney 1/2 marathon, we decided that it would be a good (ha!) idea :idea: to run the Hartford 1/2 marathon in October as a...????...preview? I dunno. We did want to get a qualifying time to submit to WDW so that we could *hopefully* get a decent start corral.

So here we are. Me - nervous, anxious, downright scared that I won't be able to actually DO this. While there are a lot of runners at the Hartford marathon, there weren't THAT many really, and even less only running the 1/2. As we were waiting around in the crowd before the race was starting, a woman caught my eye. Well, actually her SHIRT caught my eye. It was a Disney 1/2 marathon shirt. :earsgirl: She turned, and I could see that she had written on the back "Dead Last Debbie".

I had to ask her about the Disney 1/2 - I mean really - we were headed there soon and all....well, I'm just plain curious. ;) She told us that her name was Debbie (yeah, I figured that much! :laughing: ) and yes indeed she had completed the Disney 1/2 marathon and came in dead last. Her goal was to not get picked up by the "sweepers" who enforce the minimum time requirments - and she succeeded. :thumbsup2 She was very inspiring (like Liz! :woohoo: ) and told us her story of why she started participating in these events, and raising money for her charity (Lukemia & Lymphoma) and how it matters NOT how you place, but that you went out there and tried your best....pushing yourself thru that bit of "discomfort" because YOUR end is in sight. You only have 13.1 miles and you are done. And you did this by CHOICE. But the folks who are struggling with cancer...yeah. Not so much of a choice....and for many, no end in sight.

So out we went - running our fool hearts out. And at about 10 miles I wanted to quit. :sad1: It sucked. Big time. DH ran with me the whole way :love: instead of running his own pace...and he told me that we could walk if I wanted. It was my choice. As soon as he said "choice" - that was it. The voices in my head SCREAMED at me to "SHUT UP AND DO IT". And so I did.... :thumbsup2

(and I even managed to squeak in just under one of the time cut-offs for a better start corral at Disney! :woohoo: )

So - nerves are to be expected...anxiety - a given. But your adreniline (sp?) and sheer determination will pull you thru. And I can guarantee that you will be so pleased with your accomplishment. And we will all be SO PROUD of you - and your kids will be so proud as well (my first race they were there with cowbells and signs- cheering like they've never cheered before.) I'm sure Liz will agree - it's an amazing feeling.

Man now I really want to do a race... lol... a couple of gals at work are doing one but I really don't want to do one with them... LOL... I just would like to do it with my hub or my sisters... :confused3

That was a really good story.

Oh, so much to reply to!

Lyz - It IS crazy that you guys got Ike there. The heck? It's O-Hi-O! I am glad you are okay there, it's awful that people are without electricty. My friend's parents in Houston have none and the city says a week until it's back! Can you imagine?

Paula - I am so glad you had a nice birthday! And yes, you have to tell me when you are coming down again and we will hang out!

Nancy and Lisa - 42 is not old. Really. My girlfriend is 42 and she has 4 yr old and a 2 yr old - so think about that! All of her mom friends are in their 30s. like me. It's all how you feel about it, how you live your life. You two do a lot more than I do, for sure.

Nancy - you are right, I need to hydrate. I can feel it.

Lisa - Thank you for trying to talk some sense into Erika. Keep going, please.

Steph - GO PACK!

Erika - Steph hit the nail on the head - how many of these have you done? NONE. When did you start running? SIX months ago! Why isn't finishing good enough? You would never expect this of me, right? Why expect this of yourself?

I am so sore today. Must stretch and hydrate!

Great Story!
I am done packing for the day! I am running on 4 hours of sleep and one day off in 7 days. And I have to get ready for work I wish right now I was sick! So I didn't have to go in! I am so tired!

As for my weight!........ I was 224!:cool1: that is a 1 pound LOSS I was also dressed! t-shirt and light running pants on! I am getting there!

NANCY--great story! I love the part about this my choice but those suffering with fill-in-the-blank-disease have no choice about that. Totally empowering and I will take it with me to the race, for sure.

LIZ--thanks for letting me rage at you like a lunatic. LYZ, you are next, so watch out! :lmao: I swear to God, I went on and on to Liz for 25 complete minutes without stopping to take a breath. And when LIZ can't get a word in edgewise, you KNOW it is bad! :lmao: :rotfl2: Cause, like, she is the only person I know who talks more and faster than I do. And the two of us at the same time is totally scary. Anyway, thanks for the talk. Keep stretching and hydrating. And drink wine...it helps with the muscle relaxation. Right Nancy???? :lmao:

Steph--awesome job on the loss! Keep going, girl!

Ok, time to go put my a$$ on the jumbo-tron...

Great Story!
I am done packing for the day! I am running on 4 hours of sleep and one day off in 7 days. And I have to get ready for work I wish right now I was sick! So I didn't have to go in! I am so tired!

As for my weight!........ I was 224!:cool1: that is a 1 pound LOSS I was also dressed! t-shirt and light running pants on! I am getting there!

Yay for a loss!!! Grats!!! :dance3: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter