In search of my body...not the one I ate! Part Deux... We sit at the popular table!

Hey all--I am home from the day from hell. Once again, Liz talked me down off the ledge...love you for that. (But I have yet to work on the plane thing...I'll get there.)

Ok, mom brag alert ahead...feel free to ignore....

So tonight was the Open House at Riley's school. And one of the things they do is have the Summer Music Program performance. In this town, band is compulsory (through 9th grade), so everyone has to play an instrument. And some kids opt to do it all summer as well as during school. My kid is one of those (cause he has a rocker for a dad).

So the kids are all playing either one at a time and or in groups of 2-3. And most kids are playing like "Twinkle, twinkle" or "Yankee Doodle Dandy" or the school theme song, and the basic kid stuff.

Then comes my kid. What does my kid play? Fire on the Mountain, Grateful Dead (with his friend on guitar. Riley is a drummer).

And you know me, right? Like competitive sports mom from hell. Same goes for any activity. So I am like screaming "Rock on, little man!" That's me, making friends wherever I go. :lmao:

Back to work and I feel like crap. Exhausted from the lack of sleep but still hours to go.

Hi gang...

made it back from my first water aerobics class... almost didn't make it thanks to a new project starting up at work and my having to go back to work to make sure all was going well with the set up. So yes, I left work to go to Jenny Craig, went back to work to get the contractors set up and going, went to swim and then finally made it home and ate dinner at 9:30.... something is wrong with this picture... Normally, I should be able to come home and eat a proper dinner before swimming so that should be good....

On the plus side, I did lose 1/2 pound so I am psyched about that...
I am too tired for pictures, so you will all have to wait until tomorrow for those, but I'll post them... I promise...

Now - must get sleep....
Paula

Hi everyone!:laughing: :lovestruc

Just saying hi - long day - but just did my "30 day shred" DVD. One can never make an excuse with that one. Well I guess I can but I didn't!!!! It's only 20 minutes. ;)

Will write more later - tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good night.

Exciting times Stephanie. I"ve got to go back and read all about this new house.

Finally getting around to doing this...

#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:

Me, Erika (38) married to Jeff (41) with three kids; boy (9) and two girls (7 and almost 6). Program: I run like a crazy person and workout like all the time. Sort of calorie counting but need to get better.

#2 What are some of your trigger foods?

I am pretty good here. I don't eat crap...just too much in general.

#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence?

Surfing! I live on the coast and have always been an ocean girl. And I miss surfing. Wetsuits are no friend to those with even the slightest bulge.

#4 Occupation (if legal)

University professor for a uni here in Maine. Ph.D. in Behavioral Science. I teach primarily online so that I can work around my kids' schedules. As such, I am online a lot. Note my prolific posting.

#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?

A smokin' hot bod. This sounds trite, but it is real. I have always been healthy, even when overweight. 40 is right around the corner and if I have to turn 40, I want to be freaking fabulous!

#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?

Lots of stuff, really. New wardrobe, of course. Disney cruise...a must. A trip with my new BFFs in Dec!

About 10-12 pounds to go, which I will get back to work on after my half marathon. I have been just focusing on this race for a while, so once it is over, my food will be my primary focus once again.

LYZ...AIM...your presence is required. Kat, you too....trip planning, you know.

Ummm... it's MONDAY. Monday means hockey kicks my a$$ from 9-10:30. And man, it totally kicked it today. Sprints suck. I get the feeling that getting up out of my chair tomorrow is going to be not a pretty sight.

Just so y'all know, I have completed one whole week on the wagon, tracking on sparkpeople, etc. And even made it to the gym yesterday.

Right now, I am having one 150 calorie glass of white wine. And counting it!! :)

Ummm... it's MONDAY. Monday means hockey kicks my a$$ from 9-10:30. And man, it totally kicked it today. Sprints suck. I get the feeling that getting up out of my chair tomorrow is going to be not a pretty sight.

Just so y'all know, I have completed one whole week on the wagon, tracking on sparkpeople, etc. And even made it to the gym yesterday.

Right now, I am having one 150 calorie glass of white wine. And counting it!! :)

GODDESS! Great news, Kat! I am super proud of you! You have been one of the strongest members of this little group and we need you here on the wagon! Congrats for one week back on program! Keep going! We are here for you!

GODDESS! Great news, Kat! I am super proud of you! You have been one of the strongest members of this little group and we need you here on the wagon! Congrats for one week back on program! Keep going! We are here for you!

Thanks!! And thanks for being here for me even when I wasn't doing so great. I am hopeful that this is here to stay, at least until the 2nd weekend in Dec... :laughing:

My ex-boss emailed me today. I think he was hoping I was unhappy and would want to go back. Tough luck for him. :)

Btw, I am really loving my new job. :yay:

Hey all--I am home from the day from hell. Once again, Liz talked me down off the ledge...love you for that. (But I have yet to work on the plane thing...I'll get there.)

Ok, mom brag alert ahead...feel free to ignore....

So tonight was the Open House at Riley's school. And one of the things they do is have the Summer Music Program performance. In this town, band is compulsory (through 9th grade), so everyone has to play an instrument. And some kids opt to do it all summer as well as during school. My kid is one of those (cause he has a rocker for a dad).

So the kids are all playing either one at a time and or in groups of 2-3. And most kids are playing like "Twinkle, twinkle" or "Yankee Doodle Dandy" or the school theme song, and the basic kid stuff.

Then comes my kid. What does my kid play? Fire on the Mountain, Grateful Dead (with his friend on guitar. Riley is a drummer).

And you know me, right? Like competitive sports mom from hell. Same goes for any activity. So I am like screaming "Rock on, little man!" That's me, making friends wherever I go. :lmao:

Back to work and I feel like crap. Exhausted from the lack of sleep but still hours to go.

That is sooo cool :)

Hi gang...

made it back from my first water aerobics class... almost didn't make it thanks to a new project starting up at work and my having to go back to work to make sure all was going well with the set up. So yes, I left work to go to Jenny Craig, went back to work to get the contractors set up and going, went to swim and then finally made it home and ate dinner at 9:30.... something is wrong with this picture... Normally, I should be able to come home and eat a proper dinner before swimming so that should be good....

I am too tired for pictures, so you will all have to wait until tomorrow for those, but I'll post them... I promise...

Now - must get sleep....
Paula

Grats about your loss!!!:cheer2:

Morning, Babes!

I actually slept last night! So I am feeling much better today and less crazy. Yesterday I was all about the crazy. :lmao:

DAWN--we are gonna need part 3 started today, I think. Once we get to page 199, we will have to start the new thread. Anyone can do it, technically, but it should be you. :)

Morning, Babes!

I actually slept last night! So I am feeling much better today and less crazy. Yesterday I was all about the crazy. :lmao:

I'm glad you got some sleep last night! Lack of sleep can make you crazy. I got some sleep last night I think I will be taking a nap..that is after I pack all morning. Currant owners email and said that they are in total packing mode and should be out by next week... NEED BANK now to set CLOSING DATE!!!
I am almost the same weight that I was when I got pregnant for TY, that means I have lost baby weight number 1 just have two more kids to shed HAHAHAHAHAHA:rotfl: I was 160 when I got pregnant for Sam. Thats 64 pounds to shed to get to pre baby weight. Considering that the oldest baby is 14 It's time to say GOODBYE BABY FAT! (really it's not baby fat any more just plain ole FAT!)

Did you hold up your lighter??? :rotfl2:

made it back from my first water aerobics class...

And how is water aerobics? That's something I've never done before... :confused3

YAY! :cool1:

OK- So you all KNOW how technically *challenged* I am....that is why I am SO AMAZED that I discovered something all by myself! :banana: You see, I never knew that when somebody "quotes" a post, I could click on the little doo-hickey icon and go back to the original post! :idea: And I found that all on my own this morning. I amaze me. :rotfl: Anyway...:rolleyes1 ...this is what I was after

#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:

Nancy (42) married for *almost* 20 years (anniv. 10/1) to DH(Stephen -46)...3 kids...2 boys, Seth-17 & Nate-15 and girl Becca-who will be 13 in November

#2 What are some of your trigger foods?

oh. just "some"? :laughing: Bread. Cheese. and Wine. Definitely wine. I don't really eat "bad" food - just too much of the good stuff.

#3 What form of excersize (activity) would you love to do but have limmited yourself from due to weight/confidence? (Steph...be PG...:rotfl2: )

I don't feel limited by my weight at this point in time...

#4 Occupation (if legal)

Paid job (part time, full time during the fall) I work at a local apple orchard where I cook in the farm kitchen - open year 'round, but insanely busy during the "apple season". Other than the owner, the only full-time employee.

Non-paying job (more of a hobby gone wrong! :eek: )- we raise goats. Lots and lots of goats. Both dairy (for the milk) and meat. I make and sell goat milk soap with some of my excess milk.

#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?

I know how much better I feel when I'm not carrying the excess that I have right now - and when I'm eating a much "cleaner" diet. And when I feel good, I think that really has a positive effect on my whole outlook and attitude

#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?

ummm..dunno. I've been at goal. And I'm working on it again! Does it seem right to reward myself for a "do-over"? :confused3 Guess it's time to re-evaluate that one.

No bike for me today - it's at the shop getting "tuned up" ..so I'm going to go running instead. :scared1:

KAT- I'm so glad you love your new job :thumbsup2

Have a great day everybody

E~ I totally forgot to say anything about you "making friends". That is so cool that your son would play something so out of the NORM. But would we expect anything Less from your son? Like Nancy said a few post ago that with Rock band and Guitar Hero all those OLD :hippie: Wonderful songs are coming back.
And Like Nancy said did you hold up a lighter? Did you get it on Video? Can you youtube it?
Again sooo cool!

Nancy,

Water aerobics are fun... they are non impact so there is no risk of damaging your joints unless you are prone to hyperextending something... (steph - is that possible in your form of exercise....:rotfl2: ) Every muscle is engaged so you get a great toning workout. The trick is to make sure that you are moving at a constant rate so that your heart rate stays up an you get some cardio benefit as well.

The class I am taking is deep water so we spend most of the class out in the deep end basically swimming back and forth across the pool using different strokes. On one pass you can only use your arms, on the next it is a flutter kick, etc. You have a noodle to help keep you floating (not like I need the help with the excess fat on this body, but it does keep things where they are supposed to be). We also do some exercises along the wall (think squat thrusts but under water) and some abdominal crunches and stretching. By the time you are done, you can definitely feel it and you are tired. All in all, it is a good class...

OK - I am off to download my pictures so I can get them posted later today. Oh, and I have to get some work finished in there as well...

Talk to you all later,
Paula

PS - Kat: I am beyond thrilled that you are loving your new job..... way to go...

E~
And Like Nancy said did you hold up a lighter? Did you get it on Video? Can you youtube it?
Again sooo cool!

:lmao: no, no lighter holding (but that is only b/c I don't smoke and didn't have a lighter on me, otherwise, omg I totally would have). No video, no still pics, no nothing. Bad mom, I know. But I lost my camera (still haven't found it) and I video taped every little thing my kids do then I would have way too much. Eventually I will get him on video up in the studio and post that somehow/somewhere (we have a music studio in part of the house...fun family time. The other night we had family jam night. J was on guitar, Riley on drums, Cammie on keyboard, and Kel and I on vocals. It was hi lar ious).

Nancy,

Water aerobics are fun... By the time you are done, you can definitely feel it and you are tired. All in all, it is a good class...

Awesome job, Paula! Glad you are back at it. I remember how you really liked this class last time.

No bike for me today - it's at the shop getting "tuned up" ..so I'm going to go running instead. :scared1:

Welcome back to the dark side, baby! :lmao:

:lmao: no, no lighter holding (but that is only b/c I don't smoke and didn't have a lighter on me, otherwise, omg I totally would have).

OK - so the new "in" thing with the teen crowd isn't lighters (because thankfully there aren't many who SMOKE these days :smokin: :crazy2: It's cell phones. They flip open their phones so that they light up and then they hold them like we would do with lighters. So next time....I expect your phone to be waving! :laughing:

Welcome back to the dark side, baby! :lmao:

You know what's scary...I actually remembered what it was about running that I liked. And how much I really did enjoy the training for the marathons - both the 1/2 and the whole. :scared: Biggest problem with training for a full marathon is the amount of time that it takes. (ok, maybe not the BIGGEST problem, but it's way up there on the list!:rotfl: )

Ok - now I'm late for work. :guilty: Paula's water aerobics reminded me of a cute little story....I'll share later tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter