If YOU could work at Disney...

Either bartender at the BLT Rooftop Lounge, great view of everything, fireworks every night, and people partying....or

the DVC salesguy :bored: :scared1:

My wife and I have talked about this for a couple years. We are both teachers, in our 30's but we are already dreaming about retiring to work in disney.
I want to work on one of the golf courses in the pro shop or cart barn. My wife wants to work in one of the shops on main street.

I love love love hotels. So, I would love to manage one of the hotels, probably the Contemporary.

caroline

I'd probably either:

-Work the Tech stuff at Fantasmic because I do that type of stuff for work anyway, I might as well watch my favorite Disney show while doing it!

-Or work on the Great Movie Ride. I love performing and that ride can be great or terrible depending on the cast member. I think I could make it really fun!

It's a lot of fun. There is a great group of people working at GMR, and I love the ride

When we retire I would LOVE to work at Disney. I would be happy with whatever they gave me to start with and would try to work my way up. I would love to be a handler or special friend to almost any character. I would also like to try some time working at the rides such as HM and IASW.

I have thought about training even while still a park guest to get ready. In addition to learning everything I possibly can about WDW and Disney stuff in general, I plan to start focusing on helping to spread the pixie dust a bit more when we visit.

Some simple things...

1. Pick up trash when I see it (without going overboard or making anyone feel bad).

2. Disney stickers offered to parents of children that might not be having such a magical moment to try to help them through it. Pins might help here too in some cases.

3. Helping any CMs we see with quick smiles, thank yous and plenty of patience. Making sure to take the time to reward as much as we can at guest relations.

Anything else I can do to start training in the parks? Keep in mind I don't want to be mistaken for a CM or get creepy with it (even though we both have been mistaken for CMs several times because of our lanyards, pins and attire) :goodvibes

Doesn't anyone want to be Prince Charming? lol!:cool2:

Who? This guy?

59804_1187097413776_1718536103_367267_5127145_n.jpg

I'll pass.

derricksonb, I couldn't see the photo on your link. It said the page couldn't be found.

DH and I just got back from our honeymoon, and the whole time he kept saying "I could do that" or "I'd love his job." lol DH wants to do the maintenance on the Monorails or drive the stunt cars in Lights, Motors, Action.
I would love to work in Guest Relations at the parks or hotels.

I always joke my coworkers that I could be "Mrs. Potts" in a parade. But honestly, I would be thrilled to have any job, it wouldn't matter.Being a balloon seller on Main Street would probably be lots of fun (unless it was a really windy day)!!!

Well of course I would have liked to be a princess, or any character really, but I really think as a hair stylist my calling would be at the barbershop or as a fairy godmother at BBB. Especially since I love working with little kids, making them up for BBB would just be magical I think :wizard:
It makes me so happy to see happy and excited kids. :goodvibes

Lots of things!

I'd love to drive the trams!
Being a photopass photographer could be great (if hot).
So could working at the turnstiles at the entrances.
Renting out bikes sounds good to me, too.
Or something in costumes. Surely they need knitting sometimes? (Okay, maybe not.)
Babysitting would work.
Or.. DH thinks I should apply for janatorial since I am totally :headache: about litter, especially in the parks, and will trash/recycle anything I see laying about (he constantly tells me I'm going to cost someone their job and to come on already :rotfl:). He's also :rolleyes: at me when I stop to ask someone looking at a map if I can point them in the right direction.

I guess my dream job would be to work with Special Diets, though - connecting chefs to people and making sure everyone is fed yummy food no matter their restrictions. popcorn:: The people in SD have helped me so much this year.

Ohhhhhh! So many choices!!! Let's see...

I would love to work on the team that does all the Christmas decorating/parade-I have read this is a full-time, year-round job.

I would love to work on the parade floats, maintenance, getting them ready, setting up a new parade.

Any ride/attraction that had air conditioning.

The main offices (but in Florida) something like payroll/HR.

Costuming.

Greeter-I would so totally wave all day with a Mickey hand on!

Keys to the Kingdom Tour Guide.

Actually, I would pretty much do anything that did not involve food service or janitorial.

I have decided that when we retire I will work at Disney for free if they let me! Of course, I have about 30 years until this happens.

If I win the lottery I will also work at Disney for free!

even though we both have been mistaken for CMs several times because of our lanyards, pins and attire.
You've got it bad.
The best way to lose the pixie dust feeling is to work there. There is a big difference between being a guest and working there. It can still be fun but imagine visiting WDW up to 250 times every year.
I'm curious, what do you wear that makes people think you're CMs?

:love:
I love this topic... I couldn't choose- I would just have to leave it up to casting!

BUT- what makes me smile is that my 7 year old has her heart SET on working at Disney, she is just determined to be a "dancer in a show". It keeps her extra motivated in cheer and dance classes!

SO- this past week while we were at Disney, DD7 made friends with a CM at AK. They saw each other a few times at the park, and Paxton just adored her! DD told CM that she wanted to work at Disney when she grew up, and CM gave DD a little card that had information on taking care of animals on one side, and information on working at a zoo, OR BECOMING A CASTMEMBER on the other...

I am not exaggerating when I say my DD has not put that card down since then (yeah- that was Wed. Today is Friday... she is sleeping with it in her bed right now...) It is the first thing she picks up in the morning, and she stares at it every moment she can... She treasures it, and it is her favorite thing she got at Disney ( scratch the hundreds spent on souveniers :))

Anyways- so I will answer for her : "A dancer in shows" :)

I would love to work in the BBB! Or in one of the WS restaurants in Epcot! Or in the Tower of Terror! Or at the Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge as a greeter or concierge or something like that! I'd even like to do custodial in one of the parks! :cool1:

I'm very lucky to be employed as a musician where I currently live, but I would LOVE to be the piano player on Main Street!

You've got it bad.
The best way to lose the pixie dust feeling is to work there. There is a big difference between being a guest and working there. It can still be fun but imagine visiting WDW up to 250 times every year.
I'm curious, what do you wear that makes people think you're CMs?

That breaks my heart to hear that :sad2:

I've been with the company since 2005 and have not lost one bit of the magic. I still go to the parks on my days off and I enjoy it just as much!

Guest Services - I want to be able to help people make the mosts of their trips.

DH wants to drive a boat

This is our 2nd life plan, once we've retired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter