If YOU could work at Disney...

I'm a high school librarian. My daydream is to runaway to WDW and become the Main Street Librarian. Really. Don't you think Main Street could use a library?;)

Oh, dear. They have a hard enough time getting me out of the parks now. Combine my two favorite places: WDW and the library? DH would have to pull me away kicking and screaming at the end of the night. :rotfl:

Oh at a concierge desk where I could sit down. Eat concierge food and help and talk with concierge guests. Smiling and applying lipstick and getting paid.... the joy of it all.:cool1:

Oh, dear. They have a hard enough time getting me out of the parks now. Combine my two favorite places: WDW and the library? DH would have to pull me away kicking and screaming at the end of the night. :rotfl:

How do you suppose we could get park management attention? I really think having a main street library is a great idea. Something I can see Walt envisioning as part of the American way of life. Do you really think a lot of people would go for this idea?
And I'm not talking a book store. A real library. Free books. Of course they would all be the Disney label but that's ok. It would be a "leave a book - take a book policy." A librarian would be there to help out, maybe even have a storytime. Hmmmm I'm wonder if I could get the idea to manangement somehow?

I wonder if a cast member could tell us -

I know that there are coveted jobs (Haunted Mansion, for instance), and have been told that those are gig that you "wait in line" for. What's the process? Do you get to submit preferences? I assume you start where you're told, and are able to get on some sort of waiting list to be trained on other attractions? How's it work?

The way it works for attractions, you pick a location (for example, Adventureland/Liberty Square attractions), and then, if there is room, you are placed at an attraction that needs people. So you could be at HM. But you could also wind up at Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, ect (you won't know right away which one). After awhile, you can get placed on a list to cross-train at other attractions in your location

The way it works for attractions, you pick a location (for example, Adventureland/Liberty Square attractions), and then, if there is room, you are placed at an attraction that needs people. So you could be at HM. But you could also wind up at Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, ect (you won't know right away which one). After awhile, you can get placed on a list to cross-train at other attractions in your location

Thanks!! :):):)

I would love to be at the front desk at any deluxe resort checking people in or somewhere in concierge.

Hey All!:wave2:

If you could work at Disney as whatever you wanted to do, what would it be?

Cashier, Busdriver, waitress, character?

I think I would like to be a manager at either the Grand Floridian or Polynesian, or Animal Kingdom. I would certainly try to make sure everything runs smoothly and make sure everyone has a magical time! pixiedust:

If I had the choice I would definetly be the CEO...:rotfl2: I mean after all they could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted...:cool1:

I'd love to be one of the characters, but I admit I don't have the most patience when it comes to children so I'd want to be one of the characters in the parades or shows. I love acting and becoming a character.

We'll just pretend I'm not afraid of heights and being on the floats wouldn't freak me out.

Ever since I was a little girl, I said I wanted to move to Disney & become a Monorail driver! Last WDW trip, the man sailing the boat we were on between the Bay Lake resorts overheard me and told me "no way, dear! The way to go is sailing!" I must agree, it does look fun!

I'd love to be somewhere such as City Hall on Main Street, so I could really interact with people from all over the world. And what little girl doesn't want to be Cinderella, or Ariel? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter