If someone was to ask you.......

Ok, I'm crying now too. First I always say "if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand my reply anyhow". To me it's like walking into my childhood even though I was never there as a child. My Mom & I went the first year they opened and I was in my early 20's. We had such a great time that we went a couple of years in a row. Next month will be my 11th trip. The hardest was going back the first time after my Mom passed. I just cried like a baby right on Main St when I saw the castle because I knew it was her favorite place in the world. It's gotten better. Now I know she's always there with me. When I catch sight of the top of the castle rising up from the horizon when we're taking the monorail in, I get the same feeling I did the very first time that happened with Mom...and I smile.

OHMYGOSH!!!!!! Can someone say waterworks here?!?!?!?:hug: :hug: That's such a sweet story...but at least you know she'll always be at the happiest place on earth!!!!

People like us really need WDW. Without it, we'd really go insane. :upsidedow

This is just tooo funny!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: True, but funny!!!!

Its a simple answer for me.

- If you haven't gone yet dont hate or judge it till you go.
- If you have gone and didn't "get it", you wont! Thanks, your just one less person I have to wait behind:lmao:

Where's the tag fairy when you need them :rotfl:

In Disney, I have no problems. My worries all go away and I can just relax and enjoy myself. I don't worry about the food I'm putting in my mouth and how my body will handle it (or rather, NOT handle it!), I'm not anxious or sad or worried over my state, or anything. For a person who struggles to eat daily, for my whole life, due to a variety of health issues, it's really a blessing to be able to sit in front of the Castle waiting for the parade, happily chewing on a meal from Casey's and washing it back with a soda, and then going for a milkshake with not a care in the world. I could do this all at home, yes, but it's different when I'm so relaxed there. It's also the feeling of slowly walking down Main Street at the end of the night, arms slung around family or friends, just quietly reveling in how happy I am, or giggling loudly at how excited we are to be there. I just really can't describe in words how I feel!

Its a simple answer for me.

- If you haven't gone yet dont hate or judge it till you go.
- If you have gone and didn't "get it", you wont! Thanks, your just one less person I have to wait behind:lmao:

Where's the tag fairy when you need them :rotfl:

I agree with you wholeheartedly! Don't hate until you've been, and if you still hate, one less person to wait behind or crane around to see!!

The reasons I love WDW so much:
5. DH isn't a beach rat so WDW is a great place for us to go
4. Even when you go often, there is always something new and exciting to do or try
3. MICKEY MOUSE
2. POTC
1. I can behave like an 8 year old and it's PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE!!!

It's the only place where I can go and feel totally CAREFREE!!! What bills? What illnesses? What job?

And kids just de-stress me. So, I get to see the bright, happy faces of adorable children who are thrilled to be in the same place as Cinderella. And I'll get to see this on my niece's face next month.

Plus, as someone else mentioned, it was the place where my family and I had so many memorable family memories. It was the only place where we went on vacation and my mom, who was a cancer patient and would truly benefit from the wheelchairs available and didn't truly appear to be sick at times, wouldn't get rude and cruel looks because of her condition. (She had one lung that collapsed and never fully recovered, so the humidity did make it hard for her and we had to often sit so she could recover.) When I went back with my friend months after Mom passed, I broke down in Epcot. Much like I'm doing now!

I've also physically run from the airport gate to baggage claim. Um, I was 24 years old at the time.

Being a brain tumor patient, I can't go on the big roller coaster rides with twists and turns, but here, I can handle Space Mountain with NO problems! Even MS! But RnRC is out. Sorry. So this is a place where I can be like everyone else.

And two words: Customer Service. End of story.

I can go here and not worry about the calories in that Mickey bar. Or how many slices of pizza I ate. Who cares! :woohoo:

I've been known to become REALLY weepy on the ride to MCO when we leave. After we go past those arches, I feel like I'm either leaving the world behind or reentering a place I wanted to escape for a while.

OK, can't cry. I'm at work. :snooty:

I think in this time of badness and corruption, I figure that this board needed this thread again!!! We need to remember why we go and why we work our butts off all year long or two sometimes, to take our families on a trip to the best place in the world!!!!

Come on everyone!!! Dig into those memories, which I'm sure that won't be hard:wizard: , and post them here!!!

When I am at Disney I am peaceful and carefree. All my everyday worries slip away.

Why pay a thearipist when you can go to Disney instead ? ;)

I had a very difficult childhood: Alcohol, violence and sexual abuse.

I remember being at my Grandmothers house on Sunday nights and seeing the "Wonderful World of Disney".

It was inconceivable to me that I would ever get to see such an amazing, magical place.

Everytime I stand in front of the gates I am reminded of the triumph of the human spirit and how extremely fortunate I am to have grown up and lived such a wonder "adult" life.

Truly, the little girl in me marvels.....

rosiep - first of all I'm sorry you had a bad childhood. But, like you, I grew up being at my grandparents house for dinner and sitting with my grandpa watching the "Wonderful World of Dizzy (quoting him)". And to watch him love to watch that with us was great. Then we went for my 9th birthday with my grandparents and I still so remember his face and his eyes watching us enjoy ourselves and watching him "be a kid." He passed away that fall.

I think that's part of why I like it - it's a place I can just be myself, not worry what others think about me, and I LOVE watching older people become kids while they are there. There is just something so magical about that in itself.

Because it's the happiest place on earth! :goodvibes No work, no bills, no phones, no responsibilities! Just having fun and living life!

rosiep - first of all I'm sorry you had a bad childhood. But, like you, I grew up being at my grandparents house for dinner and sitting with my grandpa watching the "Wonderful World of Dizzy (quoting him)". And to watch him love to watch that with us was great. Then we went for my 9th birthday with my grandparents and I still so remember his face and his eyes watching us enjoy ourselves and watching him "be a kid." He passed away that fall.

I think that's part of why I like it - it's a place I can just be myself, not worry what others think about me, and I LOVE watching older people become kids while they are there. There is just something so magical about that in itself.

Thank you...my adulthood has made up for it. I have an amazing husband and family now.
AND I LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 3 WEEKS :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I honestly hate when people ask me that question, because no matter how hard I try, no words can express how I feel the moment I see the castle for the first time, or how giddy I get when I first hear the EPCOT entrance music. I guess that's one reason I decided to take my boyfriend with me in November. Because he has never really understood what makes WDW so magical to me. I'm hoping he'll capture some of the magic, too!

Honestly, I can't say why but I just love it. I guess it's because you just feel like you are on a another planet or something and everything else going on in the real world is totally seperate.

When you vacation other places you usually still feel somewhat connected to what's going on back in your everyday life but for me you don't have that feeling when you go to DisneyWorld, especially for those of us that totally emerse ourselves in the park, staying within the gates and never leaving for the whole trip!

Crap - I wasn't planning a trip for next year b/c I'm trying to save for my first ever Europe trip, now you all got me wanting to plan for next year!

pirate: My first trip ever was due to a business conference in 2001 - I never wanted to go. All I could ever imagine was crowds, lines, etc. I wasn't really crazy about going but had to and my wife went along. I will never, ever forget that trip. Barbara went park hopping with one of her friends on the first day of the conference and I agreed to meet her at EPCOT in the early afternoon. When we met the look on my wife's face was priceless. She's always happy - but she was over the top! She had a smile a plastic surgeon couldn't take off! It was as if she were transformed back to being a 10 year old. Fortunately, the visit had the exact same affect on me. We love Disney and normally go twice a year. Why do we love Disney? We love the people we become when we're at Disney, and find that we are better able to maintain this attitude away from Disney! I will spend my 60th birthady at Disney in January!

It's an escape to a simpler time. It's the clean family fantasy that used to be in movies in the first half of the 1900's. It's the attention to detail. It's the epitome of customer service. And it's a great value.

Honestly, I can't say why but I just love it. I guess it's because you just feel like you are on a another planet or something and everything else going on in the real world is totally seperate.

When you vacation other places you usually still feel somewhat connected to what's going on back in your everyday life but for me you don't have that feeling when you go to DisneyWorld, especially for those of us that totally emerse ourselves in the park, staying within the gates and never leaving for the whole trip!

Crap - I wasn't planning a trip for next year b/c I'm trying to save for my first ever Europe trip, now you all got me wanting to plan for next year!

Our "Europe Trip" next year will be EPCOT!

Our "Europe Trip" next year will be EPCOT!

Might end up being mine too if I can't tear myself away from these boards!!!

Of course my trip that I'm planning involves visiting Germany, Italy, Austria and maybe a trip into France. I can visit 3 of those 4 coutries in EPCOT. :rotfl:

I love it because it brings my DD so much joy! I just love watching her face light up and riding everything with her. Before having DD, we used to be AP holders at Universal. DD had fun there too, but she could hardly ride anything. I love that we are able to experience attractions together, as a family, and not have to do child swaps all day.

This discussion is really a better fit for our Theme Parks Community board, so I've moved it there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter