If someone was to ask you.......

I can identify with some of what you're saying about your childhood, and I also remember watching Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights - and feeling the same thing - that I would never get to go there. But I sure yearned for it. And I also feel oh so fortunate and thankful to be standing there waiting to enter MK - every single year. And, maybe its a way to feed that little girl who didn't get to see too much of that kind of magic growing up. Don't you just love being a grown-up and having (at least a little :goodvibes ) control over your own life? Guess that's why I resent it so much when someone tells me I NEED to go somewhere else on vacation ;) . As if I'm not smart enough to know what I need :confused3 .

I have been fortunate enough to go every year for the last 6 years. No one who knows me doubts why I love going so much. At 46 years old I have maintained my "childlike wonder" of the world in general and Disney in particular.
I know that I have been extremely lucky to have survived my childhood as well as I have...one of the few gifts I was given because of it is that I appreciate the ordinary more than most do, and the extra ordinary (like Disney) just sends me over the top...It's truly wonderful and magical and powerful...and I eat it up!!!!

I love this Thread...

What I love most is when Disney World or Disney Cruise, gives me those moments when I stop in my tracks...look at my family and say " It just doesn't get any better than this".

Susan :hippie:

I have loved Disney and Disney World ever since I can remember; it is a real "neverland" where outside concerns and burdens can be put aside, and through the willing suspension of disbelief, you can talk with a princess and walk through fantasyland, and believe that you CAN fly, and dreams DO come true...

I now am the mom of two kids w/ multiple disabilities, and am coming to terms with a worsening disability of my own. My DD spends much of her emotional time in a world that I cannot fully perceive, and have to fight to visit, a world where she is more connected to the dreams in her head than to me. But at Disney World, those dreams become real and I can walk those streets with her, and see the light in her eyes, and connect in a real and tangible way that we usually can't. And we are welcomed by CM's and the Spirit of Disney in a way that overwhelms us every time we go to our "happy place"

I agree! WDW and Disneyland are magical. There are no other places like it on earth. It's the one place where I can go and feel like a kid again. For a few days I'm a child and my worries just disappear.
Seeing the magic in my sons eyes is like no other. Makes the what time we are there seem like the world is a perfect place.

DH's response is this

No where else have we been treated as well, stayed in such a great resort, fed so well and relaxed so much as we have at WDW.

That about sums it up for us

how do you multi-quote?!?!??! I've tried and I think that I'm doing something wrong???

There is button with quotes NEXT to the quote button in the bottom right of every post. You click on that on every post you want to quote and when you are done click on the regular Quote button and it will gather them altogether in a reply window.

It is really hard to articulate to someone who has not been there. Stepping onto Main Street, looking at the castle, etc. It is just a very happy place - it's my happy place.

Disney has left nothing out - even the background music that you may not even notice but all adds to the experience.

It is really hard to articulate to someone who has not been there. Stepping onto Main Street, looking at the castle, etc. It is just a very happy place - it's my happy place.

Disney has left nothing out - even the background music that you may not even notice but all adds to the experience.

You guys have made me cry once again!!! I love all of these answers and stories!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes It just makes me wanna go that much more again!!

Also, that's sooo true about the background music. One day you find yourself humming tunes that you have no idea where they came from......that's magic!!!!

We love WDW because it's the place where DW and I are happiest!

Okay, that kind of begs the question, doesn't it? How about this:

...because we love the spirit of the place. Sure, we love the rides and shows, but it's the spirit of the Disney parks that really makes them special. And while that spirit was created by Walt Disney 53 years ago at an entirely different park, it continues at Walt Disney World thanks to his brother Roy, all the Imagineers, and all the cast members who have kept it alive all these years.

So, when you get down to it, we really love Disney parks because of the cast members!

I think there are only a select few that get "THE MAGIC" that most of us here on the DIS get.

Disney is just such a special place. The way we feel when we are there is unlike any other place in the world. It's such a care free relaxing vacation, yet filled with so much to do. The magic starts the moment you leave your home and doesn't stop till you are home again (and even then you feel it here on the DIS and as you plan your next trip).

I feel like such a kid while at DW and I never want to grow up :)

Because I get to be a kid again!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I don't worry about crap, I eat a bunch of junk and all diets go right out the window, no working, no cooking, no cleaning, no paying bills, I barely touch my phone.

I am just very very carefree!! We smile and laugh and play and giggle the whole time!!!!!!!!!! Nothing else matters that whole week!

it's like falling in love over and over again:lovestruc
the feeling i have within my soul when i'm at WDW is something i can't describe:cloud9:

Those who really love going know too, that, no matter how many times you have been in the Haunted Mansion, or rode Splash Mountain, or seen so many other attractions all over the world, you just can't wait to do it again. I tear up every time I enter main street and again when I have to leave. It is a magical place for me, and obviously, all of you who posted. Aren't we lucky to feel this way!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

it's like falling in love over and over again:lovestruc
the feeling i have within my soul when i'm at WDW is something i can't describe:cloud9:

YAY!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :dance3: I finally got this to work...this multi-quote thing!!! Thanks for the instructions to the PP!!!:goodvibes But anyways, yes I totally agree with you about falling in love again!!! It's like having the childhood you never had!!!

Because I get to be a kid again!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I don't worry about crap, I eat a bunch of junk and all diets go right out the window, no working, no cooking, no cleaning, no paying bills, I barely touch my phone.

I am just very very carefree!! We smile and laugh and play and giggle the whole time!!!!!!!!!! Nothing else matters that whole week!

Agree sister!!! Amen!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

I think there are only a select few that get "THE MAGIC" that most of us here on the DIS get.

Disney is just such a special place. The way we feel when we are there is unlike any other place in the world. It's such a care free relaxing vacation, yet filled with so much to do. The magic starts the moment you leave your home and doesn't stop till you are home again (and even then you feel it here on the DIS and as you plan your next trip).

I feel like such a kid while at DW and I never want to grow up :)

I call my DF "Peter Pan" because I don't think he'll ever grow up!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

These stories are great guys!!! Keep them coming!!!

People ask me this all the time. I go to Disney World for an odd reason....

I'm a complete control freak and everything has to be perfect for me to be happy. I don't really know how to relax. I go to Disney World because everything is controlled and clean. I feel like it is run by people who are more neurotic than me. It is the one place where I can let go of all my control issues and let the company take care of everything. I trust Disney enough to hand over my need to obsess, worry and handle the details. At Disney World I don't have to be Maple the professional, the supervisor, the daughter, the wife and home maker... I can be Maple the child who eats ice cream for breakfast then rides the tea cups 4 times in a row. I can let go in Disney World. It is my happy place and my safe place. I probably sound completely crazy, but that's why I go and love it. I've been about 10 times and I've never had a bad experience that Disney didn't take care of (1 bad meal, but they comped it when I talked to the manager). I know that Disney isn't the fairy-land that I think it is and I know that Disney reinforces a lot of stereotypes that I rally against, but I'm able to forget that for one week out of the year and just be a kid again. :cloud9:

I probably sound completely crazy, but that's why I go and love it.

If you're crazy, then I am, too, because I feel the same way about WDW. It took me a few days of being in WDW the first time before I realized that I didn't have to worry about anything. Then I suddenly relaxed for the first time in many years, and it felt amazingly good! The next morning, I actually laughed myself awake from the sheer joy of it all.

People like us really need WDW. Without it, we'd really go insane. :upsidedow

People ask me why I go to Disneyworld all the time, why not New York, or Hawaii or somewhere else....
I really just love DisneyWorld and always will. ^_^

why in the world do you LOVE Walt Disney World soooo much, what would you tell them and why?!?!?:flower3:

For me, I would have to say because there's absolutely NO other place like it on EARTH!!!! The feeling you get when you walk in (especially MK), is unlike any other feeling ever!!! All of your problems just seem to disappear the whole time you're there for vacation!!!;) :yay: Everyone there is just so happy and friendly that you can't help but get the Disney spirit!!!

Also, to watch children's first time reaction when they go...when you hear them scream for excitement when they see their favorite character/princess..when they see the castle.....:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Ok....got myself crying now....and that's another reason....just thinking of Disney or reading stories of it and you start to cry!!!!!

Ok, so now that I'm balling like a blubbering fool, what's your reason???

Ok, I'm crying now too. First I always say "if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand my reply anyhow". To me it's like walking into my childhood even though I was never there as a child. My Mom & I went the first year they opened and I was in my early 20's. We had such a great time that we went a couple of years in a row. Next month will be my 11th trip. The hardest was going back the first time after my Mom passed. I just cried like a baby right on Main St when I saw the castle because I knew it was her favorite place in the world. It's gotten better. Now I know she's always there with me. When I catch sight of the top of the castle rising up from the horizon when we're taking the monorail in, I get the same feeling I did the very first time that happened with Mom...and I smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter