If someone was to ask you.......

For my DW and me , it's that warm feeling you get as you enter Magic Kingdom and see the castle the first time of each trip:cloud9: For me, myself, it makes me feel like a kid again!!! Sort of how we felt when we watched Uncle Walt on the different Disney shows during the years:banana: :cool1: I
never went to any of the parks as a kid, so I'm in make-up mode !!!!!!! I'm 55
and have been to WDW around 20 trips and try to go at least once a year!!!!
Can't wait till my kids let us take the grandkids with us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

For me, it's because WDW is so family oriented. Even most of the "scary" rides can be ridden by the whole family. CM's really make it magical also. I love it when they are in character. There are no adults at WDW, we are all kids!

Variety is probably my #1 reasons. I can do a family trip where it's all about the rides, then I can do a romantic trip with my sweetie where it's all about us and we don't even hit a major ride.
I can do a "old ladies gone wild" 50th birthday celebration one year and have a totally different family reunion trip the next.
I can chill out at a resort that takes me some place else and is not your standard "Hilton" chain.

For me it is the flood of memories I have from the moment I see the welcome to disney sign, the sqeels of delight on dumbo, the awe and gsps at spectro magic and that walk/skip down Main Street to leave. Seriously disney is a place so linked to childhood memories and happiness there are no words to tie them all together..... the sounds, smells and smiles.

I go with my mom this time and I am in my 30's. I have never been so excited in my life. I only hope I can give her as a good a trip as we she gave us as children.

I am Pooh sized, shy, and a bit self conscious. WDW is the one place, other than my own home, that I have truly felt completely comfortable.

I would love to say because it is an escape from reality, but the truth is I often feel that way when I travel to other places. I have been very fortunate to travel to different parts of the world, but I must say there is just something about Disney.

I often get made fun of because we travel to Disney every year and this year will only be our fourth. I can imagine the ridicule others of you recieve. LOL

One day I will take my kids to see the real world but for now Disney is perfect. We tried to take our son to Mexico when he was 6 months old. :scared1: It was then that we learned kids don't travel as well as we would like them to. So Disney is perfect. It entertains them so I don't have to, yet it entertains us as well! On a beach they would get so bored. The amount of entertainment and stimulation that my kids get from Disney would be hard to compete with at any other vacation destination. So for now and at this stage in my kids life Disney is the answer. You can't beat that expression when my oldest son sees tinkerbell's castle. (not cinderellas, no matter how many times i try to tell him otherwise)

I try and describe it to my Dh -who has never been. "It's like perfection-everything is beautiful, perfect and clean-it's what you wish the world was like."

He'll finally be able to see what I mean in 3 months-I CAN'T wait! And he'll get to see it through our DD's eyes-that will be perfect!

Because I love Disney,I grew up with it and the place is like no other...happy people, clean, great food, a place where you can have awesome memories with friends & family and I love it so much DH & I decided to get married there.

Aww... just reading this thread makes me all teary eyed! Now I need to start planning our next trip. Should I send ya'll the bill?

I love it for so many reasons. It truly is a special place. My mother loved it. I was the only one of her kids to share that love with her.

When she was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer she insisted on taking my dd to WDW before she started treatment. It was uch a wonderful trip. I was able to share it with the two of the people I loved most in the world, my mom and my dd. As her illness progresses the three of us would often look at the pictures from that trip. Now that my mom is gone my dd enjoy those pictures as a way to remember grandma. For me as I take dd on trips, sitting in the hub at the MK watching the fireworks makes me cry because I can feel my mom sitting right next to us.

For those people that can't or won't understand I tell them:

I don't smoke.
I don't drink.
I don't overeat.
I don't gamble.
I don't go out much. (single mom thing)
WDW is simply my vice of choice!!!

disney world is magical for me!!! that's why we go every year. i get the same comments......... you're going to disney again? 8 days at disney, isn't that overkill?? ...........................

they don't get it. i think you either get the disney magic or you don't. one time is all it takes. i took my mom with us on our 3rd trip. (she also was one of the people who commented, disney again) well, one trip was all it took. she said , " i get it now. this place is incredible, it's like you completely forget the outside world exists" yeah , i know mom. that's what i've been trying to tell ya!!!!

another reason disney is magical for me..........................
i have 2 children with autism. my 7 yr old daughter did not really start talking until she was almost 5! but, with every disney trip, she made incredible advances. it was just incredible and heartwarming. well, my ds 2yrs has been progressing since starting therapy and i can't wait to take him to disney in 2 weeks to see if he makes great srides like his sister did!! it makes my heart warm just thinking about it!!:goodvibes

The stress just melts off me. No where else can I be as carefree. :goodvibes

The rides are adult friendly. I can ride almost everything with no fear of being jolted around. I think RNR is the only ride I can't do (corkscrews give me an instant headache). :scared1:

There is so much to do! Every trip is different.

Each resort is different and makes me feel like I've traveled to a different location - just theme parks just follow me ;)

My whole family can spend 9 days TOGETHER. No splitting up to do what appeals to each age group wants. We all want everything at WDW! Not always easy when you travel with teens.

All these & more are why I love WDW. :love:

because I have children with disabilites and in wdw we feel like an average family. I feel the magic in wdw is very healing. It's absolutly the most wonderful place on earth!!!

There are no adults at WDW, we are all kids!

This is soooooo true!!! My FIL turned 60 this year and whenever he walk ins those parks....he turns into a kid hisself!!! It's sooo cute!!!!

Thanks again guys for makin me cry....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok, I'm going to ask this question again because sop far no one on here has answered it......how do you multi-quote?!?!??! I've tried and I think that I'm doing something wrong???

1 of my favorite movies is "Field of Dreams." There's a quote from one of the characters, Terrence Mann, that captures it for me:

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray.

How many chances do adults with responsibilities, stress, mortgages, etc., have to just drop it all and be a kid again?

It's funny to see this thread because last night my 4 year old niece said "Do you love Disney World?" and I said "yes I sure do" and she asked "because it makes you so happy?" and I said yes that is exactly why. so she said "well it makes me so big big happy"

Alright, well as long as we are all getting mooshy and teary-eyed, I am going to make an admission that I very rarely make to anyone. I am a 38 year old, un-married male that still vacations at WDW with my parents and my sisters. No, I don't live in my parent's basement and have had enough gf's that I was close enough to marrying, so please don't think of me as weird for this admission. I just find it so hard (in mixed company) to say that I still go to WDW with my parents. But what can I say?...it's the one place that I go that makes me so happy that (again, as a 38 year old man) I openly allow my eyes to well-up. It's absolutely breath-taking each and every time we go.

For me, it's about having a pretty hassle-free vacation. Sure, there is lots of planning, but for me that's part of the fun.

I know if something does wrong and I have booked through Disney, they are going to help me out. ( Note: there is only so much they can/will do for you if you book through a third party vendor )

I love that there is so much to do that I actually have to build in downtime. This is unlike some vacation spots were pretty much the pool is the only activity you have or feel safe doing.

We visited in August for our first time as a family. It was my first trip to Disney in 20 years. While I had always wanted to go back, perhaps with time, I had forgotten just how special Disney World is.

World is a very important part of the name, because it IS a world unto it's self. When you drive under that archway, you are leaving your daily world behind. In Disney, there is nothing to distract you from the job at hand, which is having fun.

The kids had me talked into going again next summer before we even got home from this trip. OK, truth is it didn't take a whole lot of convincing :rotfl:

I too have heard people compare Disney to Six Flags. My family holds season passes to our local Six Flags park every year. Six Flags is great for what it is. It provides us with a close by amusement park where we can go pretty much any weekend we want, and hop on rides. The lines are generally pretty short, and it doesn't cost a whole lot to go. In NO WAY is it ANYTHING like Disney though. The rides are out of the box generic rides, with little in the way of theming. It's fun, but it isn't even close to Disney. Six Flags is a diversion for the day. Disney is a world of it's own, free from the headaches and worries of daily life, where adults can be kids, and kids can live out their fantasies.

I had a very difficult childhood: Alcohol, violence and sexual abuse.

I remember being at my Grandmothers house on Sunday nights and seeing the "Wonderful World of Disney".

It was inconceivable to me that I would ever get to see such an amazing, magical place.

Everytime I stand in front of the gates I am reminded of the triumph of the human spirit and how extremely fortunate I am to have grown up and lived such a wonder "adult" life.

Truly, the little girl in me marvels.....

I can identify with some of what you're saying about your childhood, and I also remember watching Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights - and feeling the same thing - that I would never get to go there. But I sure yearned for it. And I also feel oh so fortunate and thankful to be standing there waiting to enter MK - every single year. And, maybe its a way to feed that little girl who didn't get to see too much of that kind of magic growing up. Don't you just love being a grown-up and having (at least a little :goodvibes ) control over your own life? Guess that's why I resent it so much when someone tells me I NEED to go somewhere else on vacation ;) . As if I'm not smart enough to know what I need :confused3 .

:goodvibes My dad made Disney World magical for us.....he made such a big deal of it before we got in the car to go on our vacation. I can remember him getting up so early and he would be dressed and I would ask where he was going and his reply was always "to see Mickey Mouse"..my brother and I would scramble to get dressed and get out the door.

My dad would always get us to gates before the park opened and he always had a plan worked out..he would take me and head to the central reservation area (this was years ago) and my mom and brother would head to Big Thunder railroad to wait on us.

He made every second of the day so much fun.

Then at night we would always watch the electric light parade and then the fireworks then we headed back to Big thunder rairoad where we road it over and ovr until they told us we had to leave..I remember riding it 10 times in a row one night.

My dad and mom would walk us down main street...we looked in every store on the way out...dad always bought us something from the candy shop.

then we did it all again the next day. I am 32 and have been to Disney 20 times...only 2 of those times have been without my parents....I am hoping they will deide to go with us in November/December!!

I have a lifetime of wonderful memories from Disney World. Now I am making those wonderful memories with my kids!!!!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter