If someone was to ask you.......

baby1disney

DIS Veteran
why in the world do you LOVE Walt Disney World soooo much, what would you tell them and why?!?!?:flower3:

For me, I would have to say because there's absolutely NO other place like it on EARTH!!!! The feeling you get when you walk in (especially MK), is unlike any other feeling ever!!! All of your problems just seem to disappear the whole time you're there for vacation!!!;) :yay: Everyone there is just so happy and friendly that you can't help but get the Disney spirit!!!

Also, to watch children's first time reaction when they go...when you hear them scream for excitement when they see their favorite character/princess..when they see the castle.....:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Ok....got myself crying now....and that's another reason....just thinking of Disney or reading stories of it and you start to cry!!!!!

Ok, so now that I'm balling like a blubbering fool, what's your reason???

I agree with you. There absolutely is no other place like it. I have such a wonderful feeling as soon as I step on property that I can not even discribe. I don't worry about a thing when I'm there and I stay totally relaxed. I won't even put anything on TV that isn't Disney.

WDW is the perfect place for a family trip. It's safe for kids, fun for all ages, thrilling, pretty to behold, clean, and everyone is happy to be there. Plus, it's an all-in-one trip.

There is so much to do that you can never feel bored and you can allow yourself to let go and have some fun!!

I'd just tell them, "If you have to ask, you'll never know!". ;)

Happy, friendly, fun, relaxed, well designed.

Amazing art, architecture, landscaping, theming.

People of every race, color, age, size, shape, and religion all getting along.

Good food, entertainment, rides, shows, events.

A little piece of hundreds of places in the world from all different eras in the world, all in one spot.

The amazing dream of one astounding man with the most ambitious desire to give joy to the World, who made an unimaginable impact in millions of lives by fulfilling that dream.

WDW is my own little "fairytale getaway". It was magic to me as a child and something even better and indescribable when I see the magic through my children's eyes.:goodvibes

Because driving into Disney property is like taking a break from the burdens of daily living and immersing yourself in the joy of living.

I had a very difficult childhood: Alcohol, violence and sexual abuse.

I remember being at my Grandmothers house on Sunday nights and seeing the "Wonderful World of Disney".

It was inconceivable to me that I would ever get to see such an amazing, magical place.

Everytime I stand in front of the gates I am reminded of the triumph of the human spirit and how extremely fortunate I am to have grown up and lived such a wonder "adult" life.

Truly, the little girl in me marvels.....

Because it has something for everyone and you can be as busy or relaxed as you want.

Nothing else compares.....

I'd just tell them, "If you have to ask, you'll never know!". ;)

Happy, friendly, fun, relaxed, well designed.

Amazing art, architecture, landscaping, theming.

People of every race, color, age, size, shape, and religion all getting along.

Good food, entertainment, rides, shows, events.

A little piece of hundreds of places in the world from all different eras in the world, all in one spot.

The amazing dream of one astounding man with the most ambitious desire to give joy to the World, who made an unimaginable impact in millions of lives by fulfilling that dream.

Ok..you have just made me misty eyed....AGAIN!!! LOL!!! The last part of your quote is soooo true!!! I don't think Walt had any idea what exactly he'd accomplish!!! Just like the Olympics, this is one of the only places in the World that I have seen, where everyone who's anyone of any race, religion, creed, sex get along soo well. Sure, you'll have your occasional issues with Disney..where don't ya?!?!?:confused3 I think this is a s close to perfect of a place you can get!!!!:banana: :hug:

I just only wish it was me who had thought of this idea!!!!! But, then maybe not because I couldn't go and enjoy it as much as I do as a vacationer!!!! Thank you Walt!!! Thank you for everything!!!!:lovestruc :lovestruc

For me, a trip to WDW is an opportunity to check my serious, executive, grown-up side at home, and be a kid again. Only, this time, I am a kid who doesn't have to listen to anyone else telling me what to do and when (except for the nice folks who give out the ADR times :thumbsup2 ), and with a much bigger allowance!

I also love the "live-and-let-live" attitude that most folks seem to have when they are at WDW. As a PP mentioned, you have people of all types gathered together and getting along (for the most part, anyway).

:hippie:

My answer is usually "I love everything about Disney".

But what I love the most is how I *feel* when I'm there. It's so exciting to plan a Disney trip. It's so awesome to be there. It's even wonderful when we come home to relive all the memories with my family (I make extensive scrapbooks with all our pictures).

:wizard:

I would agree that there is no place like it in the world. For me, no amusement park can top it. WDW brings out the child in everyone and we all need to remember what it's like to be a child from time to time in this mixed up world. Its safe for children of all ages, fun for everybody, clean and beautfully designed and landscaped. Its a place you can go to escape, have fun and just relax with your family. What's better then that? :tigger:

I would agree that there is no place like it in the world. For me, no amusement park can top it. WDW brings out the child in everyone and we all need to remember what it's like to be a child from time to time in this mixed up world. Its safe for children of all ages, fun for everybody, clean and beautfully designed and landscaped. Its a place you can go to escape, have fun and just relax with your family. What's better then that? :tigger:

I don't even think of it as an Amusement Park. When I hear other people comparing WDW to places like Six Flags, etc... it just confuses me because I don't think of them on the same level. Disney is *so* much more to all of us who love it so much, isn't it? :goodvibes

For me, a trip to WDW is an opportunity to check my serious, executive, grown-up side at home, and be a kid again. Only, this time, I am a kid who doesn't have to listen to anyone else telling me what to do and when (except for the nice folks who give out the ADR times :thumbsup2 ), and with a much bigger allowance!
QUOTE]

ITA!!! Those are the exact reasons why I love Disney!

Disney is a place you goto to live out your dreams. No matter what your dreams are, you can find them here. Flying, being a princess, a pirate, camping, fine dining, family, friends, etc. But I agree with a lot of you. There is something magical that goes through you when you walk under the train station for the first time on Main Street and see the castle at the end. You truely need to stop and take it all in for a minute and realize that you are in a place where you can forget all your worries and just relax. Have fun at your pace. It is the Happiest Place on Earth.

For me very simple, I get to be a kid! My childhood, like many, was filled with responsibilities, in order to escape that I married quite young, little did I know that was just the beginning of many resposponsibilities that I could not run away from. I am lucky, I am still with the same guy I married all those 35+ yrs ago, but the instant I step out of the car on Disney property it is magical, I no longer am that person who has to take life very seriously, I am a kid for the first time, each time I go. It is wonderful, my life at home does not exist for those days, at least not until I have to get back into the car and head off Disney property. How wonderful it is for a few days just to get to have fun, laugh and relax.

Having just returned from our first Disney cruise and then 5 days at WDW - I would have to say it is because the everyday schedules of having to be somewhere and doing something is non existant. Cell phones were left at the resort, no computers, and our family was just able to enjoy the magic of Disney and enjoy being together! Our almost 20 yo daughter still gets misty eyed during Wishes and told me that no matter what - she is getting married at Disney; our son who turns 13 in two days still was excited to see Dopey and be awarded Prince of the Day at the Magic Kingdom. As parents it is a placed where we can watch our kids still be kids even though they are not truly "kids" anymore! Even during the TS Faye - we went to the parks and laughed hysterical as we were sitting out in the pouring rain at Test Track (at home we would be rushing to get inside out of the pouring rain!) It is truly a magical place!

For me, I would have to say because there's absolutely NO other place like it on EARTH!!!! The feeling you get when you walk in (especially MK), is unlike any other feeling ever!!! All of your problems just seem to disappear the whole time you're there for vacation!!!;) :yay: Everyone there is just so happy and friendly that you can't help but get the Disney spirit!!!

That's exactly it for me. It's that amazing feeling I get when I'm there. I become like a child again...everything around me seems fun and happy. Each trip as I pull up to Magic Kingdom and I see the castle getting bigger, I get so happy I almost cry.

I think some people just don't understand how magical disney really is.

Disney World was the first place I ever took my food allergic daughter out to eat where she could actually eat, and not only that...but have a special dessert to boot. My DD has a life threatening allergy to cow's milk and even though I had heard great things about dining there with FAs and read report after first hand report...I was still skeptical. I think I honestly cried our first night at Chef Mickey's, being led around by the chef and then the chef making food especially for DD and then the look on her face when the chef brought out a very special ice cream dessert with safe gummy bears and safe chocolate syrup. Disney really goes those extra steps to make Disney a reality for any circumstance or situation. We are going in June with our still cow milk allergic DD and this time with my parents, one of whom is in a wheelchair. I am so excited knowing that not only will my DD have a wonderful and *safe* trip and be able to eat (and I won't have to cook!), but my dad will also have a wonderful trip and be able to ride some rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter