I want to be under 200 pounds...Anyone else??

Yeah Cyndi! That is great. Bet your family is so proud of you!

Wendy

I have been reading here for a while but I think it is time I join the "I want to be under 200 lbs club" Just turned 40 and hit my all time high of 260. My dr keeps warning me, my kids try to help me, my sister wants me to do the lap band (she weighs 115 lbs) and my husband just tells me as long as Im happy. To be under 200 lbs has been way before my 20 year old daughter was born. That has been a dream for a long time. Just had to have a biopsy for something they saw on my 1st mamogram that I ever had. My surgeon won't be able to tell me until next week if it is benign or malignant. But instead of feeling sorry for myself I have to change what I am. So I have now realized that if I do not get myself healthy I may be in for a sad future. And the funny thing is that I keep thinking that I want to be healthy so I can keep taking my family to Disney World. How crazy is that. Thanks for listening. I haven't really told people about what is going on with me so I feel a little better. I am starting today. We are going to DW in July, Sept and Jan so 1 of those trips I would like to weigh under 200 lbs.

tink4ever,

Your story is just like mine. My highest was 260 also. I was on vacation and fell off a jet ski that my dh and I were riding and couldn't get back on by myself. He had to tow me partially back to the beach where on of the rental guys helped him get me back on the jetski. It was more humiliated than I have ever been and I vowed that day to lose 50 lbs within the next year. It's sad that it took something so horrible to get me to be honest about having to do something, but at least I finally did. I was overweight for practically all of my (then) 39 years. I turned 40 last September 50 lbs lighter than I turned 39 and have continued to lose. It's been slow for sure, but I am determined. Last thursday I was 197.8 and I am shooting right now for 188. I'm realistic in that I know I'll never be skinny, but some of the changes I've already realized are:

• My knees no longer hurt in the morning
  • I have been wearing sexy heels again
  • I don't feel like everyone is staring at me because of my size
  • I don't have to have the lights out for... ;)
If I can do it, I know you can to. I felt hopeless at 260 and at 197 I feel hopeful.

Thank you Cyndiu: That is why I knew I could count on this thread. I knew you guys would understand and I am going to take it 10 lbs at a time. It is good to know that you have done it so there is hope for someone like me. I am going to do great today with my diet!!!! Good luck everyone!:banana: :banana: :yay:

Well. I've decided to join the club. I really don't know what to say after that other than it's going to be really hard to get below 200 because I've been this way for over 10 years and I don't even know if it will possible in the first place.

--Mr. DB

I hit my high of 297 on my 40th bday last Xmas:scared1: , joined Weight Watchers and started walking in Jan, had lapband surgery in April, and am at 221 now (I'm a pretty steady "loser" of 3-4 lbs a week). I have a goal of being under 200 by the end of summer. I honestly don't remember the last time I weighed in the 1??s, but I"m sure excited to think about it!:banana:
Terri

I would love to join in if I may! :goodvibes My name is Keyana, and I am currently 211.2. I have been doing Jenny Craig (about 1/2 time) and exercising and have so far lost 34 pounds (I started at 245.2). It is a hard road and I could use all the help and motivation I can find. My next big goal is to be under 200 by the end of July (a reasonable goal for me).

Great job:thumbsup2 ! To everyone who is losing.

K

Here to tell you it can be done, since I recently reached the mark myself! (I'm on the boards all the time and tonight is my first time here --- these last three months would have been easier with all of you!)

I'm tall, 6'2", and never lost the weight from my son. I have been 220-ish since his birth. I was an athlete in college, so my weight problems have been new and I didn't know how to deal with them. I joined a medically supervised program through a local clinic and go to a support class once a week. It's kinda pricey but well worth it.

I finally got under 200 in April and set a new goal 180-something. I don't care what number, I just want to see the 1-8-*. I weighed in yesterday at 187.5 and yelled for joy! :cool1: My goal was to get to 190, the doc suggested 180, and I said "we'll see". Now I know that I can get there. My students and co-workers have all been so supportive.

I'm going home next week for my nephew's graduation party. nobody back home has seen me since I started this program - they are in for a surprise. DH bought me a sassy tropical skirt from the Disney store today - size L - and it fit!

SO EVERYONE - keep it going! Slow and steady wins the race. Try to cut out 100 calories a day and add extra steps daily. That could knock off a pound a week, which is always one step in the right direction. Within a year you would lose 52 pounds!!!

Thanks Rebecca for the inspiration. Congradulations on your success. It feels good to have it, any of it, but reaching our goals puts an extra special smile on our faces.

I hit my all time high today of 239 today. This is just rediculous. I'm in. I can't remember the last time I saw a 1 first on the scale.

Cyndi--It seems life has been so busy, with senior graduation and 5th grade promotion. I am ready to kick it all into gear. I will be 46 this September and I want to be under 200. I hit my goal for my 45th birthday last year to be under 210. I just seem to float around the same area without any movement. The summer is here and my DD and I are commited to doing so much more. She gets bored fast and will just sit around when that happens. We are going to make sure that doesn't happen. She is round right now and needs to get taller without gaining weight. She will be 11 in July. We are going to work together and get where we want to be.

Best wishes to everyone! We can do it!

Wendy

It's been awhile since anyone has posted, hope everyone is still working towards their goal.

I have made it under 200lbs 3 times in the past month or so. I don't know why but once I hit it I go insane and gain 5 or 6lbs and then have to re-lose it. I know their must be some fear there. I made it again to 199.7 today. I am writing it here so that I can own the # and not go back again.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Good job on hitting below the number! I've finally crossed over too. I'm at 198.6! :woohoo:

Wow it's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread. Thanks for bringing it back!

A little update on me I'm below 190 now and have been in the 184-187 range for a couple months which is right where I want to be! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone is keeping up the great work and reaching their goals!

Hi There,

I haven't been on the boards for so long and haven't visted this thread since August of 07. Since then I regained a fairly large amount of weight and have gotten back on track. Presently I'm at 213 and going to the gym 4x per week. Can't believe how hard I fell off the wagon!

Anyway, once this was a real source of inspiration for me and I'm hoping some of my old friends from this thread are still out there and can help me in my struggle.

Is anyone struggling like I am with getting below 200 lbs?
:wave2:

Hi There,

I haven't been on the boards for so long and haven't visted this thread since August of 07. Since then I regained a fairly large amount of weight and have gotten back on track. Presently I'm at 213 and going to the gym 4x per week. Can't believe how hard I fell off the wagon!

Anyway, once this was a real source of inspiration for me and I'm hoping some of my old friends from this thread are still out there and can help me in my struggle.

Is anyone struggling like I am with getting below 200 lbs?
:wave2:

Welcome back!!!! This was a great thread for me and everyone's support. I went through about a month ago and read some of my old posts to kind of remember what I went through and everyone's support.

I've been below 200 for more than a year now, but I have stayed in the low to mid 190's since my September and October Disney Vacation.

I hope other's will use this thread to help them in their journey. I know it meant a ton to me and I'll give any support I can! :thumbsup2

Chris,

That's awesome! Congrats!

I'll get back there again, it's going to take me at least till autumn, but slow and steady wins the race right?

Cyndi

Okay I am in!! I turned 29 in April and the scale had hit an all time high of 258. I cannot believe I posted that. I am 6' tall and used to be able to "hide" some of this weight but not anymore. I cringe when I see pics of me so I have been avoiding the camera. Which is not fair to my children.
So my goal for the rest of this week and nest is small. Try to get in all my water and but back on the sweet tea. I am a stress eater and there is alot of stress in my house lately.:sad2: But with support we CAN do this!! I have fell off the badwagon several times but this time will be better!! Who's in?:cool1:

On a sour note, I am off to the dentist to get a root canal today:scared: but at least I won't be eating much for the rest of the day.:rolleyes1

I am even going to get a ticker later!:dance3:
April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter