I want to be under 200 pounds...Anyone else??

blue_eyes5212

DIS Veteran
I started this thread because I have been over 200 pounds my whole adult life (currently 222) and I really want to be below 200. That is my first goal! I just want to step on the scale and see a 1-- instead of 2--. For now, that is my weight dream!! :goodvibes Anyone else feel this way???? If so we should keep this thread going....and encourage each other to get there......and celebrate each other's successes!!! Feel free to join in!!! :grouphug:

Ditto!!

I am right there with you - we can do it!

Kelly

Two years ago I would have thought it was impossible to do that. I have been over 200 for the past 12 years. Jan 2005 I was getting heavier and heavier and I didn't know what to do. In Feb 2005 my school started the Biggest Loser club. The first month I lost 10 pounds. Since then I have lost 21 more. Yes it is slow and some months I don't lose anything but I am now under 200 and happy about it. It is a long road but one worth taking. Good Luck

I weigh more now than ever after yo-yo dieting MY WHOLE LIFE! I notice you take pictures the same way as me, hiding the unflattering, I want to change too so lets get a plan of attack going. I just have trouble staying motivated. My 25th b'day is today, otherwise known as D-Day. Today's the day (AGAIN) :clown:

:wave2: I Absolutely feel this way! and, thank you for starting this thread! :wave2:
I wanted to start a thread about getting under 200 as it's my main goal too--for now--and, I have 24 pounds to go. Oh...it's hard to express much I want to see a "1" instead of a "2". I'm determined to get there! And, eventually, to "goal" weight.
It's nice to know others out there feel the same way. I will try to post here regularly to help if I can, to celebrate successes, and, to gather motivation and encouragement too! :grouphug:
Hang in there all of you as you are making your way under that 200!
Margaret :sunny:

That's actually my goal weight - 199! But, I've learned that its not about the numbers on the scale, the rewards are your progress and how much better you feel as you lose the weight. People can differ greatly with respect to build, musculature, etc. so that 199 corresponds to a size 16 on me, but it may be someone else's heaviest weight ever. Nevertheless, it is a milestone weight for those of us who have been over it throughout our adult lives. Onward and upward! :wizard:

i am currently 245 . :guilty: I'm trying to get down to 145 it's so hard. I would love to join . :cool1: :yay:

I too would love to get below 200 again. It's been a few years. I've been doing weight watchers this time since sept and have lost 20 pounds. I have 6.4 to go to be 199. This board has been sooo helpful. I've done better the past 4 weeks since I joined here than I did the past 6 months. There are great, supportive, and motivating people here. And many success stories. We all can do it. Good luck.

Hi :wave2: from Ontario, Canada. ME TOO. I would only need 7 lbs by my scale. That sounds alot by me. The only easy way I lost weight was when I was exspecting both my DDs and my doctor said " it would be easier for my labour if I lost some weight during my 9 months". I did. Now thinking back I probably was not more than 175. Then I lost weight after both my hip operations.(I am only 42). Now I want to go join the Y. :woohoo: Bye :wave2: I am going to put on my joggers to clean the house. :lmao:

I have never admitted yet on here how much I weigh but I think it's time for me to do this as the scale has been yo-yoing so much lately. I too want to get under 200. I'm not far, depending on the day. I have been over 200 pounds for the last 16 years. I was just under on the day I gave birth to my dd and went up from there. I lost and got down to 217 then went back up. Got back down to about 212 then went back up and up and up and up. I haven't even seen close to those numbers and below until now. I've now lost around 50 pounds (it keeps wavering and I can't stay right at that 50 yet) and I have so far to go - about 84 pounds more. But those first 30 for me were hard and now it's been hard again but because I'm not disciplining myself like I was at first. And I keep saying I need to do it and then something gets in the way - right now it's life and major stress at work. What an excuse but that's it. Two weeks ago I gained 7 pounds in one weekend - IN THREE DAYS!!!!! And it has taken me 2 weeks to get rid of it. NOT GOOD guys! For me anyway. I know I'll get there. I think I'm at a scared point and I have no reason why I should be and don't know why I should be.

So let's ban together, we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Chris

I am with you all! It has been over 8 years since I was under 200, and that was only for about six months. So in all actuality its been over 13 years of being over 200. I started out at 247 and am down to 220 (this since January 10). My goal is to be under 200 by Halloween. I would be a huge achievement for me! Just admitting what I weigh to other people is something I have never done before. I feel like in doing that it almost frees me to do what I need to do instead of just hiding in shame. I wouldn't even go to the doctor for over 3 years I was so ashamed. That's crazy! Here's to the Under 200 Club!

:goodvibes I am joining the club! I am at 227 at the moment. About 2 weeks ago, I was at 222 lbs.

I am getting married September 2 and my wedding dress fit when I was 195, I have to get down by then!!!!!!!!!!

I have never lost this much weight... and I need your help! :wizard:

I edited this post to include that I am 5'4. How tall is everyone else???

I'm hopping on this train!! I feel the same way you do. Call me crazy but I've always been very confident with my clothes and my dh loves me the way I am.(he weighs about 165) I know I would look and feel so much better without all this weight. I would love to be thin in WDW for our next trip! I started 2 weeks ago and I've lost 6.5 so far. I'm now @ 230.5. So I would love to lose like 10 lbs. a month. I know I can do it, I just love food so much. Now, when I'm in Disney, I will be enjoying myself for my reward!!!
Good Luck!

I was able to get down below 200 (to 178) a couple years ago and would love to be there again!!! I'm hovering around 215 right now, probably a little more at the moment. It's really frustrating me on the one hand and on the other, I'm not trying that hard anymore.

I am so close - 206. Last September I was 233 and went down to 195 at Christmas. I couldn't keep up with the 100 minute workouts and my eating habits were disgusting - eating nothing. Basically, I fell into a horrible rut and went back up to 216 in May. Since then I am trying to get back on track.

None of my friends can relate to my weight issues so I hope this thread will keep me inspired.

I just weighed in and down to 203.6! I can't wait to see 199. This week is so busy that I am worried that I will sabotage my diet (basically I will be eating out every night and doing very little exercise :guilty:). Can't wait to hear everyone's successes.

I would love to join you guys!!!
I am at 233. Man, was I depressed this morning when I saw that. I just ordered 3 of the Walk Away The Pounds viseos to help me get started losing this weight. We are coming to the lower 48 next for the 1st time in 4 years and I do not want to be this heavy. I just want to get into the 100s. So let's stick togethter girls!!!! :thumbsup2

Last September I was 233 - it was a tough day for me. I wish the pounds would come off quicker because I needed to see the results. Finally, more than 9 months later I'm done 30 lbs. It's hard to keep motivated when you lose .6 pounds and you struggled all week.

Today at a WW meeting, someone said that it is not the results we should be worried about but the process (maintain the consistency, build muscle, improve ourselves on the inside) because once we reach the results, we lose focus. Maintaining a good and healthy lifestyle.

The leader said we have to realize that when we workout usually 1/10 times is great, 7/10 times is okay, and 2/10 times is horrible (but we should be happy that we just worked out). I have to agree with that!

Hope everyone has a good week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter