I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@elgerber - thanks for the head’s up! I’ve toyed with the idea of doing a mileage run to MSP and going to Mall of America to check it out. All pepsi and unreliable tea? No thanks!
Apparently I’m beverage opinionated:)

Can Someone explain the Chase Travel Credit?? Did they make changes when you could
receive it? I originally opened this card in Sept 2016. My annual fee charges in Oct. I still
have not received the credit. I checked and it says after December statement closes!!
That will be in January!

Annoying I feel like they got extra 3 months from me AFTER i paid the 450 again.

Any ideas of good places to use Chase Pay for the bonus (after using Chase Pay 5 x for > $25)? I've been locked out of DH's online account twice from trying to use it at Walmart on DH's card and it's getting old! I remember WM was sensitive but this seems crazy! I bought a $25 gc two days ago, then tried again this morning and it locked me out (again)! I only need two more transactions to get the 3k UR points. Thanks!

URG. Just happened to me too! Tried to buy Walmart egift cards with DH's new CSP and got the message that the card couldn't be used for 10 days. Thought it was because it was too new. Tried to login to DH's Chase account and now it's locked.

I saw your message beforehand, but thought you meant the Walmart account was locked. Are you doing egift cards or physical gift cards?

I did the same deal last month on my CSR. First 2 egift cards went through, then they started getting canceled. But waited a week or two and was able to do the other 3 back-to-back no problems.

@elgerber - thanks for the head’s up! I’ve toyed with the idea of doing a mileage run to MSP and going to Mall of America to check it out. All pepsi and unreliable tea? No thanks!
Apparently I’m beverage opinionated:)
LOL, Auntie Ann's pretzels sells Coke, not sure how they get away with it. And oddly, Burger King has decent iced tea LOL.

Or you could come on down and take the express lanes south of the DC beltway in Springfield, Va, during rush hours. This has cost me $20 something. Another one is 66 west at rush hour. And there was some chatter recently that one road was going up to $40 plus per trip during rush. I hate to say that I use these lanes when I end up in the situation as I can't stand sitting in traffic.
Ha, yes that's a nasty one!

We use the express lanes around White Marsh sometimes, especially when we're heading for BWI as some members of the family get a little stressed about getting there with plenty of time.

Oh yeah, this is us when we order "Coke please", server "is Pepsi ok", us "no", water please.
We love Culvers, Culvers is Pepsi. Culvers also has iced tea. The one two miles north, has horrid iced tea. The one 5 miles south has excellent iced tea. Guess which one we go to?!?!
The biggest problem is the Mall of America, on the occasion I go there. The entire mall is sponsored by Pepsi!!! So 99% of places have that only. Even national chains like Chipotle, Noodles and McDonalds when they had one, serve Pepsi!! Ick! Both good iced tea and coke are very hard to find out there.

I am the opposite. "You only have Coke? I'll take water please". :-)

Woohoo Tolls :) (said no one ever) I can switch our EZPass off the CSR and onto the Freedom. Such a shame I finally hit a replenishment charge last week and I forgot to change the amount since I don't have to do the turnpike every day, so I have enough toll money for 6 months at least sitting on my account right now :headache: It'd be too wonderful if I could transfer mine to hubby's account and then we could wait to replenish his next month.

I totally do that with coke v pepsi products. It KILLS me that SPG are now Marriott and now have Pepsi ...I always buy 2 or 3 diet cokes at the airport before we spend the night at a Marriott/SPG hotel. Kind of sad but as @Alexle2007 notes, the withdrawal headaches are not worth the risk.

So they don't have it in the Marketplace where you've been? Or do they not have that setup in SPG properties yet? I find that interesting because we're a Coke vs Pepsi house but when hubby goes out for a soda he always comes back with one of each. (whether I asked for it or not. I stare at it and just see $$$ instead of the considerate gesture it is intended to be) I thought I saw both in some of the vending machines too. But we only stay at Marriott's.

Happy birthday to my Sapphire double dip. Now need to figure out what to do with them. I would like to change them to Freedom/Freedom Unlimited. But I also plan to cancel CIP at a year in August. Makes me nervous to lose all of them. Is there any reason why I need to keep one open? I know I would need one to transfer to partners, but I don't think I would need to do that for any reason since DH will have the CP and lots of SW points. Plan to change one now and change the CSR after I can use up the credit next month.

Not really, it'll all just depend on how you are using the UR. If you plan to cash it out then doesn't matter which you have. If you were going to redeem for travel or transfer it then probably want to keep a CIP or CSP around at least. As of now you could always product change back to one if you need it later. And after 24 months you could always reapply for the CIP and get the bonus :) But as long as you have the CIP you have 8 months to see how things shake out to decide what happens then.

Can Someone explain the Chase Travel Credit?? Did they make changes when you could
receive it? I originally opened this card in Sept 2016. My annual fee charges in Oct. I still
have not received the credit. I checked and it says after December statement closes!!
That will be in January!

Annoying I feel like they got extra 3 months from me AFTER i paid the 450 again.

They did make a change but it was after May of 2017 they turned it into a anniversary year credit from a calendar year credit. You are grandfathered into the calendar year credit which resets after your Dec statement.

I am the opposite. "You only have Coke? I'll take water please". :-)

Same here! Coke actually makes me sick. I have been building up my tolerance to it so I can drink it now at least when I need some caffeine and everywhere is Coke only, but I still get sick if I drink too much of it. So I'm a "Pepsi?" "No, Coke?" "Ok water then :(" (Although it does help on the dining out budget. Except when I find a place with Pepsi I buy it anyway just so they keep it around :laughing:)

So I had added the Courtyard Amex offer a couple of weeks ago, even though I didn't see a use for it. Unfortunately, I now do have a use for it - going to stay overnight and see my sister in Boston when she flies in for a biopsy at Dana Farber next week. Yay points, boo cancer. As many of you know, it does help a little bit to be able to mitigate the costs of trips for medical/family/other disasters with churning, but oh how I wish there was no need for this trip.

The points came out of my account this morning for upcoming reservation in NYC. I booked back when the Marriott Marquis was 45k points and they took 50k out since that's what it changed to. I called Marriott to see about getting the 5k points back and she said she was going to transfer me to the Loyalty Department who would take care of it for me. They promptly hung up on me :sad2:

I'm a tea person, can't stand coffee no idea why I can't. I just haven't acquired the taste. Everyone says once you work nights you will drink coffee, and I have done plenty of nights, 16+ shifts and still not a coffee person. Another vote for coke, just something about it, I just can't do pepsi or dr pepper, but I could drink coke all day long...

So for some reason, I have magically ended up with an extra night in my Marriott count, putting me at 51 nights. I noticed after our Nashville trip. I was at 49 going into it, and we stayed one night at the Courtyard downtown... checked two days later, and yay! 50 nights, Platinum status showing. A week later, open account and have 51 nights :confused3 I have absolutely no idea where this mysterious night came from. All I can think is Dang it, Marriott, if I'd known you were going to give me a random night anyways I would have used DHs free night cert for Nashville! :rotfl2:

I've always heard Pepsi is sweeter? Not sure, I've never been a fan of pop... Or anything fizzy really, except booze ;) Truly though, one time mistaking Sprite for water as a kid and I was done. The only time soda has since passed my lips is a time or two when someone was wanting me to try a flat pop thinking I'd be okay with that - still no. I can't even do the regular butterbeer at Universal - it has to be frozen.

So they don't have it in the Marketplace where you've been? Or do they not have that setup in SPG properties yet? I find that interesting because we're a Coke vs Pepsi house but when hubby goes out for a soda he always comes back with one of each. (whether I asked for it or not. I stare at it and just see $$$ instead of the considerate gesture it is intended to be) I thought I saw both in some of the vending machines too. But we only stay at Marriott's.

No, ironically this is the most annoying problem when we stay at the ATL (you know home of COKE!) Westin. I just hit up one of the stores as we wait for our luggage so it's not terrible. The tea in their restaurant is fine so 3 diet cokes and tea can get me through dinner/breakfast. It's kind of sad I know this.

Some of the Marriott's Marketplaces do have diet Dr Pepper and that makes me do a Snoopy dance when it happens :)

In March our favorite Sheraton - Grand Hotel in Spa in Edinburgh still had diet coke in the lounge but not sure if the change has made it across the Atlantic in 9 months. Fortunately I know where a tesco is within walking distance, and I'll grab one in the airport Sainsbury's before we leave the airport. Huh, I might have a problem...

DHs points from the Marriott game posted today, for those still waiting.

Mine still haven't, boo.

Woohoo Tolls :) (said no one ever) I can switch our EZPass off the CSR and onto the Freedom. Such a shame I finally hit a replenishment charge last week and I forgot to change the amount since I don't have to do the turnpike every day, so I have enough toll money for 6 months at least sitting on my account right now :headache: It'd be too wonderful if I could transfer mine to hubby's account and then we could wait to replenish his next month.

I am thinking about prepaying $100 to my Ez pass with my CSR credit I need to use quickly in January. Trying to think of different things to use it up. Maybe $100 EZ pass (which will take forever to use up), $100 SW GC and $100 Amtrak GC. Waiting to see how DD likes taking Amtrak back from college this weekend. Maybe I will do more to Amtrak if that goes well.

Not really, it'll all just depend on how you are using the UR. If you plan to cash it out then doesn't matter which you have. If you were going to redeem for travel or transfer it then probably want to keep a CIP or CSP around at least. As of now you could always product change back to one if you need it later. And after 24 months you could always reapply for the CIP and get the bonus :) But as long as you have the CIP you have 8 months to see how things shake out to decide what happens then.

DH will still have his CSR and I transfer all my points to his. I will still be able to do this, correct? This is the mistake I do not want to make so double checking that I am good to cancel all 3 of my cards.

DH will still have his CSR and I transfer all my points to his. I will still be able to do this, correct? This is the mistake I do not want to make so double checking that I am good to cancel all 3 of my cards.

For now, yes. I have kept my CSP while DH has a CSR in the fear that Chase will stop the ability to transfer. Sounds dumb but I don't want to underestimate Chase and their eroding benefits.

So I had added the Courtyard Amex offer a couple of weeks ago, even though I didn't see a use for it. Unfortunately, I now do have a use for it - going to stay overnight and see my sister in Boston when she flies in for a biopsy at Dana Farber next week. Yay points, boo cancer. As many of you know, it does help a little bit to be able to mitigate the costs of trips for medical/family/other disasters with churning, but oh how I wish there was no need for this trip.
Sorry to hear. I work right next door and closely with DFCI, you are in good hands
I'm a tea person, can't stand coffee no idea why I can't. I just haven't acquired the taste. Everyone says once you work nights you will drink coffee, and I have done plenty of nights, 16+ shifts and still not a coffee person. Another vote for coke, just something about it, I just can't do pepsi or dr pepper, but I could drink coke all day long...
Night shifter here and no coffee for me either!

Team Coke here too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter