I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, OT but I remember we had discussions on Disney after hour events this summer. Well I finally did it Monday night and OMG it was freezing but sooooooooo worth it. This was probably some of the best money I have ever spent at Disney. We were so tired and left a half hour early but we did everything we wanted.

Thanks. I told DH about the CSR when he mentioned the Plat. A coworker has the Plat. Maybe he could do CSR now, and Plat next year. The 4k MS on the CSR is more doable for us than the 5k. We have a Dis trip in the spring and I think the spend could be made up pretty close by using the card for tickets, hotel and park dining, if I can time the card arrival just right, not sure that's possible as I need the tickets about 75 in advance to feel safe I have them in time to book fastpasses.

Just want to make sure you are aware that unless you buy the Disney tickets through a travel agency, they won't code as travel and either trigger the travel reimbursement or earn 3x.

Re-posting this portion of an earlier post since I did not get any responses. Anyone? Bueller?

I do have a couple of questions:

#1: I've been noodling on opening a Chase Sapphire account for the 60k UR bonus. Chase is a much more convenient place for me to bank than BofA since moving to Idaho. But I remember reading something about the bonus being taxable (at a rate that seemed very high) and Chase issuing 1099s. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I would only do it if I was reasonably confident that the bonus would be treated like a cc bonus.

#2: Per the recent discussion regarding the increase in the AF for the Biz Plat, I'm not planning on keeping mine once the AF hits again. Are there any downgrade options for the Biz Plat vs. cancelling? I already have the Biz Gold and Biz Green. Can I downgrade to the Blue Biz Plus?

Adding back to the coffee convo, iced tea is my drink of choice. Drink large quantities of it daily. I brew it in my instant pot LOL. I have been known to choose where to have a meal, based on the quality of the iced tea they serve.
Everyone who knows me, knows I am an iced tea person. I drink tons of it and do make my own. Not for the caffeine since I make with Luzziane Decaf tea so I can drink all day and night! I don't always change my place but I change my drink order if the place is known for weak iced tea.

I totally do that with coke v pepsi products. It KILLS me that SPG are now Marriott and now have Pepsi ...I always buy 2 or 3 diet cokes at the airport before we spend the night at a Marriott/SPG hotel. Kind of sad but as @Alexle2007 notes, the withdrawal headaches are not worth the risk.
When someone tells me they can't tell the difference I think they are crazy. On Marriott, could not believe I am in Atlanta (world of coke) staying in a Marriott and can't get a coke. Had to walk down the block to the quickie mart for some coke!

Not at all related to anything churning but I got the letter in the mail that there was still availability for the DVC member cruise from San Diego to to Vancouver, BC. We've never done a cruise (but it's definitely on the to-do list) so I thought 'Hey, that sounds fun!' thinking there was some sort of special DVC pricing.

You can all laugh now.

The DVC cruises are EVEN MORE than a regular Disney cruise on the same route :scared1:. I think, if my math is right, that for our family of 4 it would cost almost 7k for 5 nights :faint:.

When someone tells me they can't tell the difference I think they are crazy. On Marriott, could not believe I am in Atlanta (world of coke) staying in a Marriott and can't get a coke. Had to walk down the block to the quickie mart for some coke!
My dh ordered a rum and coke at the bar on our first Marriott stay. They did not ask if Pepsi was ok. He was NOT happy! He drank it, but didn't like it, and only orders beer there now.

Not at all related to anything churning but I got the letter in the mail that there was still availability for the DVC member cruise from San Diego to to Vancouver, BC. We've never done a cruise (but it's definitely on the to-do list) so I thought 'Hey, that sounds fun!' thinking there was some sort of special DVC pricing.

You can all laugh now.

The DVC cruises are EVEN MORE than a regular Disney cruise on the same route :scared1:. I think, if my math is right, that for our family of 4 it would cost almost 7k for 5 nights :faint:.
Hahahaha I literally just opened that envelope 2 minutes ago, and put that straight into the recycle bin.

In case anyone wants to slum with TPG. LOl. I guess it might be worth free SW points.

To celebrate the holiday season and the current limited-time offer of up to 60,000 points on the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, The Points Guy and Chase are partnering up to give away a cumulative 8,640,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points over the next 12 days.

Between Dec. 12 and Dec. 23, 12 lucky TPG readers will be selected at random each day to win 60,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points. Based on TPG’s valuations, those points are worth $900. What’s even more exciting is that these points will count toward Companion Pass eligibility, and we think this is one of the most valuable airline perks out there. Note: The 60k points will not be processed into the winners’ accounts until January 2019.

If you’d like to be one of the winners, engage with us each day via the following platforms:

*Posts on each platform will be live at 11am ET each day. To be in the running, you must submit your comment or post on the correct platform by 11:59pm ET on the corresponding day.

Day 1, 12/13: In the comments section of this announcement post, tell us where you’d go on 60,000 Southwest points, and who you’d take with you!

Day 2, 12/14: Post a photo from your favorite vacation in the comments of this post (link will be added day of) on the TPG Facebook page and use the hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 3, 12/15: Tweet us @thepointsguy and use hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway telling us which Southwest card you would most likely get

Day 4, 12/16: Post a photo from your travels on Instagram and hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 5, 12/17: Comment on this Facebook TPG Lounge post (link will be added day of) and tell us about a time when points got you somewhere that cash couldn’t.

Day 6, 12/18: Tune in to our Facebook Live at 2 pm ET, where a winner will be selected at random from one of the attendees.

Day 7, 12/19: Post a travel photo of you in the comments of this post (link will be added day of) on the Mommy Points Facebook page with the hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 8, 12/20: In the Facebook TPG Family lounge, tell us in the comments of this post (link will be added day of) about somewhere you’d take your child (or a niece, nephew, etc.) on Southwest and use #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 9, 12/21: Comment on this post (link will be added day of) on Brian Kelly’s personal Instagram, and tell him one place you’ve been able to visit as a result of reading TPG.

Day 10, 12/22: Drop us an email at luvtpg@thepointsguy.com telling us what your favorite Southwest Credit Card perk is

Day 11, 12/23: Forward your copy of today’s newsletter to luvtpg@thepointsguy.com. If you’re not yet a suscriber, sign up here: thepointsguy.com/subscribe

Day 12, 12/24: Comment on our TPG Instagram post (link will be added day of), telling us about one way you’ve been able to pay it forward to someone else using points or miles.

The points came out of my account this morning for upcoming reservation in NYC. I booked back when the Marriott Marquis was 45k points and they took 50k out since that's what it changed to. I called Marriott to see about getting the 5k points back and she said she was going to transfer me to the Loyalty Department who would take care of it for me. They promptly hung up on me :sad2:

That is completely ridiculous. Please update how this shakes out.

Per the recent discussion regarding the increase in the AF for the Biz Plat, I'm not planning on keeping mine once the AF hits again. Are there any downgrade options for the Biz Plat vs. cancelling? I already have the Biz Gold and Biz Green. Can I downgrade to the Blue Biz Plus?

I hate to be a downer but the BBP is a credit card not a charge card, so I don't believe you can downgrade to it. I don't know if Amex has a limit on how many charge cards of a certain color you can have, if there were some benefit for you to have a second green/gold biz.

I have the old biz gold (BGR) versus their new, revamped biz gold (they did NOT automatically product change) and am planning on PCing my Biz Plat to the new Biz gold product. You might consider looking at the new biz gold product and seeing if it's worth that AF to you if you have the old BGR.

My CSR travel credit reset the other day along with the af posting. Finally called to make a payment on my Aug trip so once it credits back I'll call to PC to the CSP. Hopefully it's an easy and quick call. How long will it take for the AF to refund?

I hate to be a downer but the BBP is a credit card not a charge card, so I don't believe you can downgrade to it. I don't know if Amex has a limit on how many charge cards of a certain color you can have, if there were some benefit for you to have a second green/gold biz.

I have the old biz gold (BGR) versus their new, revamped biz gold (they did NOT automatically product change) and am planning on PCing my Biz Plat to the new Biz gold product. You might consider looking at the new biz gold product and seeing if it's worth that AF to you if you have the old BGR.

Thanks. I have the new Biz Gold, and I'm not planning on keeping that one either, nor my Biz Green. Keepers are going to be the personal Plat and personal Gold.

Girlfriend grabbed a crazy friends and family rate for the Westin out in Vegas for our April Aerosmith trip. $89 a night. Of course don't get me started on resort fees.

Now I need to do a bank bonus to pay for my hunk.

So this weekend's missions include:

• Applying for the no fee Hilton for DH
  • Find myself a new bank bonus
  • Do my Christmas cards and actually wrap all the stuff I've been collecting for the past six weeks

It's really strange but all of my CSR transactions from the end of Oct through the end of Nov are not showing in the UR reward activity section. I, also, don't see the 3k bonus URs for the 5 ChasePay transactions under the Promotions Earned section. I have plenty of points from DH using the shopping portal though.

It's really strange but all of my CSR transactions from the end of Oct through the end of Nov are not showing in the UR reward activity section. I, also, don't see the 3k bonus URs for the 5 ChasePay transactions under the Promotions Earned section. I have plenty of points from DH using the shopping portal though.

that should show up on the 5th payment.

And we finally have all our 29 days of Marriott points. DH's posted a couple of days ago and mine arrived today.
Mine finally posted, but I'm missing 500 points. I saved all of the email confirmations and two times I got 500, but only one of those posted. Is it worth reaching out to them somehow?

In case anyone wants to slum with TPG. LOl. I guess it might be worth free SW points.

To celebrate the holiday season and the current limited-time offer of up to 60,000 points on the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, The Points Guy and Chase are partnering up to give away a cumulative 8,640,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points over the next 12 days.

Between Dec. 12 and Dec. 23, 12 lucky TPG readers will be selected at random each day to win 60,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points. Based on TPG’s valuations, those points are worth $900. What’s even more exciting is that these points will count toward Companion Pass eligibility, and we think this is one of the most valuable airline perks out there. Note: The 60k points will not be processed into the winners’ accounts until January 2019.

If you’d like to be one of the winners, engage with us each day via the following platforms:

*Posts on each platform will be live at 11am ET each day. To be in the running, you must submit your comment or post on the correct platform by 11:59pm ET on the corresponding day.

Day 1, 12/13: In the comments section of this announcement post, tell us where you’d go on 60,000 Southwest points, and who you’d take with you!

Day 2, 12/14: Post a photo from your favorite vacation in the comments of this post (link will be added day of) on the TPG Facebook page and use the hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 3, 12/15: Tweet us @thepointsguy and use hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway telling us which Southwest card you would most likely get

Day 4, 12/16: Post a photo from your travels on Instagram and hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 5, 12/17: Comment on this Facebook TPG Lounge post (link will be added day of) and tell us about a time when points got you somewhere that cash couldn’t.

Day 6, 12/18: Tune in to our Facebook Live at 2 pm ET, where a winner will be selected at random from one of the attendees.

Day 7, 12/19: Post a travel photo of you in the comments of this post (link will be added day of) on the Mommy Points Facebook page with the hashtag #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 8, 12/20: In the Facebook TPG Family lounge, tell us in the comments of this post (link will be added day of) about somewhere you’d take your child (or a niece, nephew, etc.) on Southwest and use #LuvTPGgiveaway

Day 9, 12/21: Comment on this post (link will be added day of) on Brian Kelly’s personal Instagram, and tell him one place you’ve been able to visit as a result of reading TPG.

Day 10, 12/22: Drop us an email at luvtpg@thepointsguy.com telling us what your favorite Southwest Credit Card perk is

Day 11, 12/23: Forward your copy of today’s newsletter to luvtpg@thepointsguy.com. If you’re not yet a suscriber, sign up here: thepointsguy.com/subscribe

Day 12, 12/24: Comment on our TPG Instagram post (link will be added day of), telling us about one way you’ve been able to pay it forward to someone else using points or miles.
Thanks for sharing this, I've added a daily reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!