I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for some advice on when I can safely go for my next Chase card. Here are my stats:

Currently 4/24, 3 cards dropping off in May/June.

Recent Chase history:
SW Plus - opened 10/16 - just closed
SW Premier - opened 12/17 or 1/18, will be closing in 1/19
SW Biz - opened 1/18, will be closing in 1/19
Marriott Biz - opened 6/18
CIP- just opened 11/2/18

I'm thinking to go for the CIC next, as soon as it's safe. I'd love to try for it now, but in reality thinking I should wait until Feb when I would be down to no Chase personal cards and 2 biz cards. Thoughts? It's just hard to wait because I have a $6k expense coming up (DVC add on, should be soon but don't know exactly when), I'm about halfway through my CIP MSR, and technically I'd be eligible to go for another Chase card. I'm trying to convince P2 to go for the Arrival Plus but no dice so far.

Oh, and if it's helpful here are my other cards:
Amex Biz SPG
Hilton Biz SPG
Citi Biz AA
Barclay Aviator Biz
US Bank Biz Edge

The last Amex card I applied for (Delta) a few months ago I got the popup. Been trying to put some spend on my cards but haven't applied since then.

Thank you so much for any input! :):):)

Looks like you’ve opened 4 Chase cards in the last 12 months...While you “may” be ok to apply now...if it were me I’d wait until January so your 2 months from the CIP and the SW cards are older than 12 months

Is anybody else suddenly unable to access the Amex 20% off of Amazon discount today? It was on DH's account yesterday, and today he can't get it to work. He's ordering a Christmas gift for me, so my ability to play around with his account is limited right now. I confirmed that he is paying with an Amex and using an MR point, though.

Is anybody else suddenly unable to access the Amex 20% off of Amazon discount today? It was on DH's account yesterday, and today he can't get it to work. He's ordering a Christmas gift for me, so my ability to play around with his account is limited right now. I confirmed that he is paying with an Amex and using an MR point, though.
I went to use mine last night (around 8:30 pm EST) and it was no longer there :(

And, that's it, I just lost my job. Almost 50 and unemployed, Merry Christmas to me.
So sorry to hear this! I know it will be hard, but try not to let it ruin your holidays!

Make sure you have all your relevant documents up to date and apply, apply, apply! Hopefully the new year and new fiscal budgets create additional openings in the first quarter and you find something thats an even better fit :)

At this point, I feel like I'm being punked or something. This place is so huge and there are so many people here... I just think they can't keep up with water demand or something. I can't be the only person experiencing this. Mindboggling. And I'm behind on this thread and all fun churning stuff too.

Would you mind if Ashton Kutcher showed up to your room to tell you that you in fact were being Punk’d?

I just went to check - no longer working for me either. :sad2:

Off topic but I know there are some vineyard vines shoppers on this thread--anyone know how their cashmere is. I'm really tempted between the Amex offer and 25% off and I love cashmere.

Figures that I actually do a legitimate transaction (no gift card) using RMN and it doesn't go through :crazy2: Guess I'll contact them...

My first CIU statement closed yesterday. I'm a little irrationally excited about earning 1.5 URs on every purchase!
I’ve had it happen twice now with RMN...they made me wait 2 weeks both times to see if the cash back would post...when it didn’t I used the chat feature...uploaded the receipt and they immediately put the cashback in my account

I just found the article. It says there is no confirmation of a 50,000 pt bonus. Kind of scary.
I,and a few friends have apped thru this link,sm'ed,and gotten confirmation that it's the 50k offer. but ymmv. I have written confirmation so i'm good. according to reddit everyone has gotten it via sm.

No prepayment allowed?? Gah! I do pay the fee to pay our utilities with card which is also why I try to always pay for 6-12 months at a time while working on an MSR.

I do the same with my utility bills. This will esp come in handy when I get my Sapphire (whenever that is...lol). As well as the bill that I haven't received yet from when my water heater needed repair :rolleyes1

Ugghhh! I have 10% off at Lowes on several of my Chase cards so decided gas cards would be a good idea.

No. My Citi gives 4% and 2% for my exec at Costco where gas is $2.09 today beats 10% off at Shell or BP at $2.29 a gallon.

So, now I'm looking to see what else I need....want...can stock up on.

Don’t get me started on the auto loan thru the credit union that doesn’t take electronic payments or CC. Yep, an actual check dropped off in person every stinking month.
Ugh. That's really bad. At least with ours you can pay online via debit card or electronic check, in addition to dropping/mailing a check. But no auto pay feature.

I know it's use at your own risk and that's nerve-wracking. FWIW, I applied for the SW Priority through the link in the DoC article (I was pretty nervous about it!) and it turned out to be the 50K/$2K spend offer, and the most recent comment on 12/1/18 said it was the 50K/$2K offer thru DoC's link.
I apped when it first appeared, I figured the worst case scenario was we got the 40k offer instead(no flights planned)

I do the same with my utility bills. This will esp come in handy when I get my Sapphire (whenever that is...lol). As well as the bill that I haven't received yet from when my water heater needed repair :rolleyes1

I've paid up my electric bill and it's now good until probably March. Tried to pay my gas bill but they wouldn't take Amex, so I'll do it the next time I have a visa/mc/discover product. Natural Gas bill for a year is only about $600. Don't trust my water company to keep more than one month straight.

I have to call a plumber for a tiny leak unless I can get a friend to come tighten a connection under one of my bathroom sinks. I had a slow drain so I fixed it but now I have a 1 drip every five minutes leak. It's an access and strength problem. I'm just not strong enough to turn the thingy and maneuver it in the tiny space at the same time. I understand what the problem and solution are. Frustrating for this do it yourselfer.

I’ve had it happen twice now with RMN...they made me wait 2 weeks both times to see if the cash back would post...when it didn’t I used the chat feature...uploaded the receipt and they immediately put the cashback in my account

Mine doesn't even show where I made the purchase at all. I bought $14 worth of stuff when it was the $2 back on $10 purchase deal. Definitely used the right card and everything, so I'm going to have to contact them to see what's up.

Well SO and I are both over 5/24. I got approved for the CSP today. I’ll shoot for one more Chase card and my App-o-Rama tomorrow. Cue Chase coming out with a new card that gives 5x UR on travel, dinning, grocery and $100 travel credit and $100 restaurant credit with a 100,000 sign up bonus and no annual fee the first year now that we are both over 5/24.

I don’t plan on getting under 5/24 for awhile. There are so many cards I want now and it’s time for the GrAAvy train. Although that’s likely to end now that I’m over 5/24 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter