I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Discover, I have set-up my account. When I move the funds, how long do they need to be deposited to count?

I only know the answer to this one. The answer is, they literally just need to be deposited. There is no holding requirement. If you move the entire $25k in one shot, you will likely see the bonus pending within a couple business days. Discover is super easy and pays fast. If you're moving the same funds in and out to get to a cumulative $25k, you can initiate the transfer back out as soon as the funds post to Discover.

I ran into this too booking BA transatlantic using AA miles. On my flight, the seats range from 25 GBP (center rows towards the back) to 62 GBP exit row, with a bunch of other prices in between. We're a family of 4 as well (kids will be 7 and 10). I think I'm going to chance it and not pay for seats since the website says they will keep kids with an adult. I would be fine with just me sitting with both kids, that's the way it often works out anyways.

The flight was not a great use of miles (30,000 miles one-way PLUS $300 taxes/fees for the adults, $200 for the kids). So I am loathe to spend more money, lol.
Yeah, my kids will be 6 and 10. When we fly domestic we usually sit 1 adult with the 2 kids and the other adult across the aisle or in the row behind, so I’m fine sitting with both kids. It’s an overnight flight so hopefully they will sleep for most of it anyway.

Are you flying to London? The taxes/fees on those flights are so ridiculous. I’m glad I had enough UR points to cover all 4 of ours.

I only know the answer to this one. The answer is, they literally just need to be deposited. There is no holding requirement. If you move the entire $25k in one shot, you will likely see the bonus pending within a couple business days. Discover is super easy and pays fast. If you're moving the same funds in and out to get to a cumulative $25k, you can initiate the transfer back out as soon as the funds post to Discover.
Awesome! I have the full funds so I can move it all at once.

Does anyone know how long it takes for points to transfer from Marriott to an airline (JetBlue)? I transferred my points a couple of days ago and they haven’t showed up in my JetBlue account and I’m getting a little worried.

For PNC, has anyone done the walk-in offer for the increased bonus? Can I still fund via CC in-house?
CC bank funding is generally online only. Some banks allow it in branch, but it would be considered a cash advance which you don't want.

Another point for those thinking of cancelling or product changing with Chase. Despite the caution yesterday by rep that it might take a billing cycle for the AF refund to post: less than 24 hours later refund has posted for CSR fee. That’s good. One less thing. :)

Another point for those thinking of cancelling or product changing with Chase. Despite the caution yesterday by rep that it might take a billing cycle for the AF refund to post: less than 24 hours later refund has posted for CSR fee. That’s good. One less thing. :)
Sounds like you got tough rep who wanted to say anything to deter you. Glad you persevered and it is working out!

Anyone else having problems with getting new cards from Amex. SO and I both got approved for the Blue Business at the end of October and we haven’t received our cards. Last week I reached out and was told that it was returned to them so they are sending me a new one. And today for SOs account they said the one they sent out was lost so they are sending him a new one today.

Disney has thrown the switch on phase 1 of their black Friday sale. It's a staged event apparently with new deals daily.
Anyway, extra 10% off with your Disney Visa - code DRVCMEMBER
Free ship site wide no min, with code FreeShip

I'm going to hold out and see if the deals get better.
I placed an order with Friends and Family on a few select park items that I knew I wanted for my trip when there was a free shipping magical rush. I am holding out for some things as well!

I got an e-mail for the Disney Visa for 20% off through 11/21 with code DRVCMAGIC. An extra 10% can help!

I placed an order with Friends and Family on a few select park items that I knew I wanted for my trip when there was a free shipping magical rush. I am holding out for some things as well!

I got an e-mail for the Disney Visa for 20% off through 11/21 with code DRVCMAGIC. An extra 10% can help!
Now I don't feel bad I missed the free shipping window, was that Friday for a couple hours? Because with your code and BF sale and free shipping again, the socks I wanted to get for gifts are $1 cheaper per pair :)

Same thing happened to me when I cancelled my SW card last month refund was posted the next day.....the reps probability have a script they have to follow

Did you have to sign up for sales emails? I've only had my card 4 months or so and I've never gotten any emails from them other than when my bill is due.

Now I don't feel bad I missed the free shipping window, was that Friday for a couple hours? Because with your code and BF sale and free shipping again, the socks I wanted to get for gifts are $1 cheaper per pair :)
Yup! I believe the magical rush was 3pm to 4pm ET Friday. I had my eye on a few WDW park items that I knew could be sold out by the time I got there and 25% was better than my 20% AP. Luckily none of them were discounted (yet) and one item is actually removed from the website!

Glad the discount and code work in your favor!

Did you have to sign up for sales emails? I've only had my card 4 months or so and I've never gotten any emails from them other than when my bill is due.
I don't remember opting-in or signing up for any special e-mails. I just get them to the same account I have registered with Chase. I also got a mailer with the Friends and Family coupon, this 20% off, and a third (I don't remember the terms, I can look it up when I get home) to use in store with the online codes also attached.

Oh noooos! That is awful, I would be so crushed :sad: The last time I got notification I'd get a code, I couldn't get decent wifi since I was on a plane. While I was not happy about that, the blow was somewhat cushioned by flying Singapore Suites and another glass of Krug.

I had to teach a CPR class this morning so couldn't try for the tickets. I emailed DH my code and the link, he signed in to my account and was able to get us tickets. He got 4 tickets for us and another couple we travel with fairly often in front/center mezzanine row A. I am so stoked! After that purchase he is now done with making MSR spend on his Amex rose/gold card.

My friend was trying to get the cheaper seats towards the rear of the Orchestra - $235. Those went super fast. However . . .

There is a date I see that has those front mezzanine row A seats available for $350. For 4 people, thats $1,400 + fees (gulp). Not sure I can stomach that for just 1 show. I have till 10:00 to decide if I want to frantically try for them.

I also noticed its much cheaper in Chicago - like half price. Is there a big difference between the two shows? Why is Broadway so much more expensive? I can fly direct to NYC for $200 and Chicago for $275 . . .

My friend was trying to get the cheaper seats towards the rear of the Orchestra - $235. Those went super fast. However . . .

There is a date I see that has those front mezzanine row A seats available for $350. For 4 people, thats $1,400 + fees (gulp). Not sure I can stomach that for just 1 show. I have till 10:00 to decide if I want to frantically try for them.

I also noticed its much cheaper in Chicago - like half price. Is there a big difference between the two shows? Why is Broadway so much more expensive? I can fly direct to NYC for $200 and Chicago for $275 . . .

My DW and DD flew to Chicago from Boston to see it - got great Orchestra seats, hotel and flights for less than the cost of tickets alone in NYC. absolutely loved it.

SW cards got their higher sign up offer but as I think we feared it's a tiered offer like the Priority card launch. Slightly better spend though, only need 12k in the first year for the extra 20k RR points. :rolleyes:

Same offer for all 3 cards, 40k after 1k in 3months; 20k after 12k in 1 yr. Has a 1/9/19 expiration date showing. Can find it right on the SW site. Hopefully the 50k inflight offer sticks around.

I don't remember opting-in or signing up for any special e-mails. I just get them to the same account I have registered with Chase. I also got a mailer with the Friends and Family coupon, this 20% off, and a third (I don't remember the terms, I can look it up when I get home) to use in store with the online codes also attached.
I don't get any mailers either. Dang! Maybe it'll all start coming one day. Thanks for info.

Anyone else having problems with getting new cards from Amex. SO and I both got approved for the Blue Business at the end of October and we haven’t received our cards. Last week I reached out and was told that it was returned to them so they are sending me a new one. And today for SOs account they said the one they sent out was lost so they are sending him a new one today.

Well, at least your cards got sent! A few weeks ago I was approved for the BB and the card just never showed up! I was a little worried I was in trouble because I applied and was approved for BGR and BB within about 5 mins of each other while also self-referring, but when I finally called about the missing BB card (I received the BGR just fine) they said it had just "never actually been sent out." Who knows why, the guy himself found it really odd, but they have since sent me one and I HAVE received it! Sounds like they are having a few issues in the shipping department maybe??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter