• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK, advice needed.

I need my SWCP for dec flights for sure and prob thanksgiving as well.
I got my SW biz on 8/30. General rule to wait 60-90 days btwn apps isn't going to work out so great for me. If I wait til 11/1 I will be cutting it real close to our 12/13 flight. I think I am going to app sometime soon after 10/1. That will put me a bit over 30 days since a chase app..not ideal. But, I haven't opened another chase personal since 6/17 (CSP). I got a CIP 1/18. Then my SW biz 8/30/18. Only other personal was SPG in 4/18. I put alot of spend on chase cards every month. Legit spend. Thousands of dollars. So I think I am a pretty good customer.

All my URs are shuffled over to DH's CSR. So I guess if a shutdown happened it wouldn't be all that detrimental.

What do you pros say? Any DPs of something similar you remember?

I am 30k RR away from CP. I suppose if I fail at my plan I could somehow make CP by shuffling everything over to my SW biz from now til end of year. I always could top off with DD's Jan tuition if needed. This is just a backup plan.

*/24, */12, */6, */3.

replace * with #s.

Wow guys... I emailed Disney about the above problems we had during our stay and the CSR apologized and offered complimentary 3 day park hoppers for both of us. Me and the GF were just about to hang up the ears and try to churn for another destination, but they sucked us back in. Now to churn for another WDW stay, haha.

I've often seen people demand something like this for something silly. In your case you more than earned these tickets. As I read about your issues it made me pretty worried about using any tickets from a "magical" deal. I am really happy they acknowledged that what you experienced wasn't ok. What a nightmare. And have fun planning the next trip - funny how they know just how to suck people back in, isn't it?

OK, advice needed.

I need my SWCP for dec flights for sure and prob thanksgiving as well.
I got my SW biz on 8/30. General rule to wait 60-90 days btwn apps isn't going to work out so great for me. If I wait til 11/1 I will be cutting it real close to our 12/13 flight. I think I am going to app sometime soon after 10/1. That will put me a bit over 30 days since a chase app..not ideal. But, I haven't opened another chase personal since 6/17 (CSP). I got a CIP 1/18. Then my SW biz 8/30/18. Only other personal was SPG in 4/18. I put alot of spend on chase cards every month. Legit spend. Thousands of dollars. So I think I am a pretty good customer.

All my URs are shuffled over to DH's CSR. So I guess if a shutdown happened it wouldn't be all that detrimental.

What do you pros say? Any DPs of something similar you remember?

I am 30k RR away from CP. I suppose if I fail at my plan I could somehow make CP by shuffling everything over to my SW biz from now til end of year. I always could top off with DD's Jan tuition if needed. This is just a backup plan.
I see no harm in trying on 10/1 or shortly thereafter. Worst case scenario...they deny you (and as you said that will just let you look at a backup plan sooner).

Tiered multi day tickets start Oct 16. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-based-tickets/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0920180019A

On my phone can't make it pretty. Look to TPAS or news for specific threads with more info.
The "marketing speak" in here is just sooooo bad. How can they in good conscience write some of this stuff:
  • we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best experience possible for our guests
  • guests are increasingly looking for easier ways to plan a vacation with personalized options that fit their individual needs.
  • These changes are designed to simplify the booking experience
  • give guests an enhanced way to purchase theme park tickets
  • help them more easily plan
Nothing about planning a Disney trip is EASY. They are welcome to do whatever they want with pricing...they run the company, but to claim this is the "best experience" and an "easier way to plan" and "simplifies the booking experience" and is "ENHANCING" something...is A COMPLETE LIE.

The ONLY true statement in the whole thing is this:
  • Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year

And of course they follow that up with this gem of a line:
  • so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience

Again - I have no issue with Disney making changes they feel will benefit their profitability. It's up to me to decide if I will continue to go or not based on any changes...BUT please don't patronize me with 4 paragraphs of marketing speak telling me how great these changes are...

Just catching up over the weekend. Did some RMN offers at Kohls and Macy's (for both DH and I). Kohls went pending but Macy's did not. Those are legit purchases so will wait a few days and contact them for the Macy's ones. I am 9 for 14 on those that have gone pending. The ones from Walgreens/Staples were Gift Cards so cannot contact them on those. Hoping they may miraculously show up...

For those that buy at Macy's. I went this weekend and they have one of their sales where everything is on sale (even the name brands that never go on sale) So, ended up buying 2 Michael Kors purses for DD for Christmas as they were 25% off. Well, I see today on ebates that Macy's is giving 20% Cash Back today on online purchases. So, I re-ordered the purses and will get another $40 back now on Ebates. So, if anyone needs anything at Macy's today is the day to get some good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter