• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about this answer...is CSP out of reach for someone young and starting out on their own card? I could get ds to app for that one possibly if so, it's a good card and I can help him hit the spend no issue...

I think the OP was opening the card in their DH's name and ultimately their kid will be the one doing all the spending on it. It would indeed be a very difficult card for someone just starting out to get. (OP is trying to maximize their kid's spending on stuff the OP pays for anyway.)

thanks for the Campanile DP.... I think I'm going to try this when I get there.... what remote terminal do you mean? I'm wondering where PF changs is since that appeals the most...(we are flying in on Jetblue,leaving on AA) and it's two credits per pp,right? so I have the PP card plus 10 PP credits from our Hilton Amex to use...
PF Changs has a note on the PP site "international flights only" so don't count on being able to use that one. It's not related to TBIT as the Korean Air Lounge doesn't have that note on their PP page. AA runs a "remote" terminal for American Eagle connecting flights, you catch a bus from the terminal where you expect your gate to be. We were like gate 52A so we followed the signs in T5 to gate 52 and the signs directed you to a bus. There are like half a dozen gates at that remote terminal. They may have 2? Saw something about bus to gate 44 but idk. Anyways, if your flight is at a remote terminal just scout out your bus location before sitting down to eat. Bus ride takes maybe 10 mins.

Yes, you are allowed the PP holder and one guest per PP. She checked my ID to my Priority Pass and then checked our boarding passes, idk if I could have used 2 PPs in my name but my suspicion is she would have said no so if both PPs are in your name definitely clarify that before you order anything for sure.

Now some of the Disney apologists are coming out on the Ticket threads, lol! People seem to struggle to understand that it's ok to be critical of something, and yet still support it...

Disney's ticket pricing and tiering change won't change my desire to go there. But I still think they are making Disney planning needlessly complex. Oh boy....

ok..... new story here- friend with 720's score applied for csp (her choice) and called the auto line- it went from two weeks to 7-10 days. That's the message of doom,correct? she wants to call the recon line to find out what's up- recommended? She thinks maybe just verifying info or something a possibility...wwyd? or better to wait for the letter?

DL/WDW only currently have tiered single day. Multi-day is a flat rate.

I wonder how this will change the third party tickets like LMT.
I don’t expect any changes, some TAs already ask for dates of travel so they could just add a note you need to start your trip the day you say you will.

Of the most interest to me in the announcement is adding the ability of guests to change their own tickets. As someone who bought 7 day tickets for 4 people and 2 of the party now want 8 day tickets I so wish I could help them upgrade their tickets now so they could lock in FPs for day 8 but right now that won’t be possible until we arrive.

ok..... new story here- friend with 720's score applied for csp (her choice) and called the auto line- it went from two weeks to 7-10 days. That's the message of doom,correct? she wants to call the recon line to find out what's up- recommended? She thinks maybe just verifying info or something a possibility...wwyd? or better to wait for the letter?
For personal cards calling recon is recommended. She’s not hiding anything or bluffing her way through a business recon call so she shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Just catching up over the weekend. Did some RMN offers at Kohls and Macy's (for both DH and I). Kohls went pending but Macy's did not. Those are legit purchases so will wait a few days and contact them for the Macy's ones. I am 9 for 14 on those that have gone pending. The ones from Walgreens/Staples were Gift Cards so cannot contact them on those. Hoping they may miraculously show up...

For those that buy at Macy's. I went this weekend and they have one of their sales where everything is on sale (even the name brands that never go on sale) So, ended up buying 2 Michael Kors purses for DD for Christmas as they were 25% off. Well, I see today on ebates that Macy's is giving 20% Cash Back today on online purchases. So, I re-ordered the purses and will get another $40 back now on Ebates. So, if anyone needs anything at Macy's today is the day to get some good deals.

I am only seeing 10%? Lots of ebates at 10% today which is why I wondered about the hotel booking. Anyone have experience with booking hotels through ebates?

The "marketing speak" in here is just sooooo bad. How can they in good conscience write some of this stuff:
  • we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best experience possible for our guests
  • guests are increasingly looking for easier ways to plan a vacation with personalized options that fit their individual needs.
  • These changes are designed to simplify the booking experience
  • give guests an enhanced way to purchase theme park tickets
  • help them more easily plan
Nothing about planning a Disney trip is EASY. They are welcome to do whatever they want with pricing...they run the company, but to claim this is the "best experience" and an "easier way to plan" and "simplifies the booking experience" and is "ENHANCING" something...is A COMPLETE LIE.

The ONLY true statement in the whole thing is this:
  • Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year

And of course they follow that up with this gem of a line:
  • so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience

Again - I have no issue with Disney making changes they feel will benefit their profitability. It's up to me to decide if I will continue to go or not based on any changes...BUT please don't patronize me with 4 paragraphs of marketing speak telling me how great these changes are...

I agree- the marketing speak is insane (has any company ever come out with an announcement that says "We're changing stuff, and it's going to suck for you"?) BUT - spreading crowds out a bit more might, in theory, actually result in a better park experience? Maybe? If the entire world wants to go to HS to see Galaxy's Edge, might be good to know that ahead of time by the upcharge, then you can decide to follow the herd or head to AK instead? I dunno if it will actually work that way, but I'm trying to be glass half full, at least a little bit. Also, people that think they are going in the fall when it's slow, then show up in the middle of Jersey week will also have more of a warning?

Makes me wonder if I should go ahead and book and put down deposits for our September 2019 trip... Those deposits would be helpful towards SPG Biz MSR too.

Yes but no. I haven't looked at any od the stuff yet, but since Sept is typically slower you may come out ahead by waiting. The best answer would be book now to make sure and then check when it changes to see if it went down and then rebook.

Just catching up over the weekend. Did some RMN offers at Kohls and Macy's (for both DH and I). Kohls went pending but Macy's did not. Those are legit purchases so will wait a few days and contact them for the Macy's ones. I am 9 for 14 on those that have gone pending. The ones from Walgreens/Staples were Gift Cards so cannot contact them on those. Hoping they may miraculously show up...

For those that buy at Macy's. I went this weekend and they have one of their sales where everything is on sale (even the name brands that never go on sale) So, ended up buying 2 Michael Kors purses for DD for Christmas as they were 25% off. Well, I see today on ebates that Macy's is giving 20% Cash Back today on online purchases. So, I re-ordered the purses and will get another $40 back now on Ebates. So, if anyone needs anything at Macy's today is the day to get some good deals.

I'm only getting 10%. How do I get 20%? That is a very good deal!

Now some of the Disney apologists are coming out on the Ticket threads, lol! People seem to struggle to understand that it's ok to be critical of something, and yet still support it...

Disney's ticket pricing and tiering change won't change my desire to go there. But I still think they are making Disney planning needlessly complex. Oh boy....

I saw your post here, and then the resulting comments and I got the heck out of there. Sorry folks, this ticket change is a NEGATIVE one for the consumer (us!)

I agree- the marketing speak is insane (has any company ever come out with an announcement that says "We're changing stuff, and it's going to suck for you"?) BUT - spreading crowds out a bit more might, in theory, actually result in a better park experience? Maybe? If the entire world wants to go to HS to see Galaxy's Edge, might be good to know that ahead of time by the upcharge, then you can decide to follow the herd or head to AK instead? I dunno if it will actually work that way, but I'm trying to be glass half full, at least a little bit. Also, people that think they are going in the fall when it's slow, then show up in the middle of Jersey week will also have more of a warning?
I would drive my bank crazy if they knew what I did. MY sales strategy is honesty always no matter what. So anytime we release some memo or new "feature" I tell my customers like it is. I get A LOT of sales from being the only honest banker in town, lol. It works for me, but boy do I HATE marketing speak...it's just something that makes my skin crawl - whether it's Disney, or Chase, or Sears, or whoever!!

Yes but no. I haven't looked at any od the stuff yet, but since Sept is typically slower you may come out ahead by waiting. The best answer would be book now to make sure and then check when it changes to see if it went down and then rebook.

Oh yeah, I always call back to have discounts applied later and will keep an eye on the ticket prices. But since I'm going to need to book three separate rooms and whatnot, I was planning to book in the next 60 days regardless.

I am only seeing 10%? Lots of ebates at 10% today which is why I wondered about the hotel booking. Anyone have experience with booking hotels through ebates?

Most places are 10%. Macy's however is 20% - if anyone can use that one. Is no one else seeing that? I just pulled up my account again and it is at 20%.

The "marketing speak" in here is just sooooo bad. How can they in good conscience write some of this stuff:
  • we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best experience possible for our guests
  • guests are increasingly looking for easier ways to plan a vacation with personalized options that fit their individual needs.
  • These changes are designed to simplify the booking experience
  • give guests an enhanced way to purchase theme park tickets
  • help them more easily plan
Nothing about planning a Disney trip is EASY. They are welcome to do whatever they want with pricing...they run the company, but to claim this is the "best experience" and an "easier way to plan" and "simplifies the booking experience" and is "ENHANCING" something...is A COMPLETE LIE.

The ONLY true statement in the whole thing is this:
  • Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year

And of course they follow that up with this gem of a line:
  • so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience

Again - I have no issue with Disney making changes they feel will benefit their profitability. It's up to me to decide if I will continue to go or not based on any changes...BUT please don't patronize me with 4 paragraphs of marketing speak telling me how great these changes are...

I swear I was reading a press release. Or a blog post that was copy and pasted verbatim from a press release. I couldn’t even get to the substance of what the changes actually mean.

I would drive my bank crazy if they knew what I did. MY sales strategy is honesty always no matter what. So anytime we release some memo or new "feature" I tell my customers like it is. I get A LOT of sales from being the only honest banker in town, lol. It works for me, but boy do I HATE marketing speak...it's just something that makes my skin crawl - whether it's Disney, or Chase, or Sears, or whoever!!

It's because you don't drink the kool aid. There's an emoji of a faucet with a no cross over it that we use texting for no kool aid. It's generally one of my most used and just with one friend which should tell you our thoughts. :rotfl2::drinking1

That's the one. The classic legend of the Halloween Hound :lmao:

They seem to have a fairly good understanding of WDW but there are some gems. Not really sure why they say PH tickets are only for park commandos.

Since you can book FastPass+ slots 60 days before your first Disney Resort day, you may need to look to your second or third park day to get really popular FastPasses, such as Mine Train, Slinky Dog Dash and Flight of Passage.

Has anyone in recent history been able to pull SDD at 60+2? Anyone?? Bueller???

They also say you can get 5% off Disney GCs at Target with a REDcard. Isn't that dead?
I’ve never seen that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter