I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Have you stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek before? I remember seeing signs for Bonnet Creek. Is that on WDW property?

It’s not on Disney’s property...but WDW pretty much surrounds it....I’ve never stayed there since we own DVC...but this December is a no WDW visit...my son has stayed there since he use to sell timeshare for Wyndham and recommended it

:offtopic: Does anyone here have an 11-year old daughter? I'm working on my Fish Extender gifts for my cruise, and am having trouble figuring out what to give an 11 year old girl. I made bows out of DCL and Mickey balloon ribbon for the younger girls, but those seem too juvenilefor her. I made the bows pictured here for her, but are they still too young? For the 18-24 year olds, I made little cosmetic bags out of DCL fabric, but that seems too old for her. Any advice would be appreciated!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Sorry no ideas for an 11 year old but those are adorable

:offtopic: Does anyone here have an 11-year old daughter? I'm working on my Fish Extender gifts for my cruise, and am having trouble figuring out what to give an 11 year old girl. I made bows out of DCL and Mickey balloon ribbon for the younger girls, but those seem too juvenilefor her. I made the bows pictured here for her, but are they still too young? For the 18-24 year olds, I made little cosmetic bags out of DCL fabric, but that seems too old for her. Any advice would be appreciated!

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Personally I LOVE those! So cute and yet subtle. I showed them to my almost 11-year old (5th grade) and she said she thought most of the girls in her class would wear them.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Those are cute but I would go with the bag if it'll fit stuff like a toothbrush/paste, a brush, chapstick etc. I find a bag is always useful for something, I buy more than I need :) I think the above is cute but is hit or miss for any age. I'd be more apt to wear that now at 39 than I would have at 11. I wasn't one to really wear bows or ribbons when I was younger, more of a tomboy. But if she's a cheerleader or likes bows and ribbons I can see them being a big hit. Or she could have short hair...

Personally I LOVE those! So cute and yet subtle. I showed them to my almost 11-year old (5th grade) and she said she thought most of the girls in her class would wear them.

Awesome, thank you!
Those are cute but I would go with the bag if it'll fit stuff like a toothbrush/paste, a brush, chapstick etc. I find a bag is always useful for something, I buy more than I need :) I think the above is cute but is hit or miss for any age. I'd be more apt to wear that now at 39 than I would have at 11. I wasn't one to really wear bows or ribbons when I was younger, more of a tomboy. But if she's a cheerleader or likes bows and ribbons I can see them being a big hit. Or she could have short hair...
That's true, I just didn't know if a bag at that age would be a big hit. I did Facebook stalk the mom and saw some pics of the girl and she has long hair. Thanks for the feedback!

So I’d been planning to double dip csp and csr again in October, but I guess that’s done.

Was going to use the ur towards annual passes next year, but nope.

I think my next move is a companion pass with the business and personal southwest cards, and then moving on from chase and letting 5/24 go by.

My husband is not really willing to be p2, but will get a card every year or so, so if the next csr comes along, he can get it.

I’m thinking southwest business first week in October, southwest personal early November. Would it be impossible to get a cic early in the new year? Or too soon for a second chase biz card?

So I’d been planning to double dip csp and csr again in October, but I guess that’s done.

I think my next move is a companion pass with the business and personal southwest cards, and then moving on from chase and letting 5/24 go by.

My husband is not really willing to be p2, but will get a card every year or so, so if the next csr comes along, he can get it.

I’m thinking southwest business first week in October, southwest personal early November. Would it be impossible to get a cic early in the new year? Or too soon for a second chase biz card?

Watch the timing of your SW applications...and spending If you trying to get the CP for 2019 and 2020...you have to earn the 110,000 RR points all in the same calendar year
If you don’t need it for a flight in early 2019...maybe go for the CIC now .....the SW personal in late November/early December...then the SW business in late January/early February

Watch the timing of your SW applications...and spending If you trying to get the CP for 2019 and 2020...you have to earn the 110,000 RR points all in the same calendar year
If you don’t need it for a flight in early 2019...maybe go for the CIC now .....the SW personal in late November/early December...then the SW business in late January/early February
I would respectively disagree with this plan (a CIC card now). IF the SW companion pass is the primary goal I wouldn't be putting in a CIC application and hope to get approved for 2 more Chase cards in the next 4 months (including a 2nd biz card). If we were back in July when @Jax1023 last brought this up...I'd be okay with that plan but probably not now.

I would make my next card the SW Business card. We often act as though its expected for Chase to hand us multiple biz cards (and for good reason because they do for most people)...but if for some reason you get denied you can't get your CP now over a wasted CIC application. As long as you manage your spend correctly and hit the MSR in January you should be fine to go for the SW biz in October and pursue a 2019/2020 CP. If you're looking for some guidance on what to avoid with that plan read here: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9h4yc0/applying_for_southwest_cards_cp_late_in_the_year/ (this is all the issues people have had when pursuing a SW CP).

Also - what is your plan for getting to 110k SW points? The biz card will get you 60k (plus some base depending on how much spend falls in 2019). We all hope the personal cards go up to 50k at some point but what if they don't? Will you just take a 40k and spend your way to 110k? Do you have a SW flight coming up where you can apply in flight?

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

EDIT: I would also say there would be little risk in trying for a CIC then in the new year if you let 3-4 months pass from your SW personal application.

EDIT2: I highly recommend that ANYBODY who is pursuing a 2019/2020 companion pass read that link I posted. It's some GREAT insight into how to properly earn the CP. :)

Last edited:
I would respectively disagree with this plan (a CIC card now). IF the SW companion pass is the primary goal I wouldn't be putting in a CIC application and hope to get approved for 2 more Chase cards in the next 4 months (including a 2nd biz card). If we were back in July when @Jax1023 last brought this up...I'd be okay with that plan but probably not now.
I would make my next card the SW Business card. We often act as though its expected for Chase to hand us multiple biz cards (and for good reason because they do for most people)...but if for some reason you get denied you can't get your CP now over a wasted CIC application. As long as you manage your spend correctly and hit the MSR in January you should be fine to go for the SW biz in October and pursue a 2019/2020 CP. If you're looking for some guidance on what to avoid with that plan read here: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9h4yc0/applying_for_southwest_cards_cp_late_in_the_year/ (this is all the issues people have had when pursuing a SW CP).

Also - what is your plan for getting to 110k SW points? The biz card will get you 60k (plus some base depending on how much spend falls in 2019). We all hope the personal cards go up to 50k at some point but what if they don't? Will you just take a 40k and spend your way to 110k? Do you have a SW flight coming up where you can apply in flight?

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

EDIT: I would also say there would be little risk in trying for a CIC then in the new year if you let 3-4 months pass from your SW personal application.

EDIT2: I highly recommend that ANYBODY who is pursuing a 2019/2020 companion pass read that link I posted. It's some GREAT insight into how to properly earn the CP. :)

Look what happens when I stray from my usual 3 months between Chase applications ..got caught up in others saying 2-3....
You are definitely the expert and I :worship: to your advice above

Look what happens when I stray from my usual 3 months between Chase applications ..got caught up in others saying 2-3....
You are definitely the expert and I :worship: to your advice above
Lol, Thanks! No worries too - you're advice wasn't bad BUT there's a strange nuance to this situation though...That SW Biz card is a MUST for their CP strategy. Under any other scenario, IF that 3rd card gets denied it's not a big deal...oh well, try again in a few months, maybe get an AMEX card instead, etc. For this scenario if the SW Biz gets denied they don't get their CP which IMO is worth a lot to somebody who can use it even somewhat frequently.

While you'd like to assume they'll give you a CIC in Sept; Personal in Nov; SW Biz in Jan/Feb...it'd be risky :)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Give her a cosmetic bag. Maybe some lip balm in it.

Waiting for my cheeseburger and fries at five guys... Trying out the offers thing on the AS biz, let me link it so we'll see if I get either 92 cents or a dollar, guessing the tax would count since that's the only number they would get.

Is that a BOA card? I used Panera yesterday morning and my cash back is being 'processed'. Instead of a check mark it's got a little swirl. And, I had free coffee so only spent about $4.50. Checking on it at home it's a one shot deal. Other offers are cumulative. Oh well, I'll take 45 cents!

I’ve got to stop reading Reddit. I keep seeing negative DPs.

Looks like Chase is still manually reviewing DDs. This DP DDed his Sapphires on 8/9 and just got a call from Chase that they’re closing one of the cards: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9hym0t/comment/e6g38pz?st=JME1KBUQ&sh=84b02a9e

@SouthFayetteFan - didn’t you DD around then?

I thought SFF was closer to our DD date, which was 8/26. So far we have only had a CL lowering, but not a closure. We have not hit the MSR yet, so anything can happen. I am blissfully not on reddit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter