I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So find out what card DM actually applied for. She could call the Chase automated status line at 1-800-432-3117, which should tell her what card she applied for and whether she’s been approved. (Marriott Biz would obviously say “business.”)

If she got the Marriott personal, she won’t be able to get the Marriott Biz before 8/26 because of Chase’s 0/30 rule for business card applications that she should have no other Chase applications in the prior 30 days.

But also, if she applied for the personal, and the application is still pending, she may as well call in to Chase’s recon line at 1-888-270-2127 to see if there’s anything she could do to get the card approved. Since it’s a personal application, there’s no worry about getting grilled about her “business” and it’s probably just ID verification.

If she got the Marriott Biz, she could actually get the Marriott personal before 8/26, as long as she’s under 5/24, because Chase’s 2/30 rule for personal card applications allows for 2 Chase card approvals within 30 days.

She could go for the SPG Biz before 8/26 if (1) she’s opened less than 2 Amex cards in the past 90 days, and (2) has less than 5 Amex credit cards. The SPG Biz offer is solid because 100k Marriott points would’ve been equivalent to 33,333 Starpoints, the $5k spend is typical of bonuses this big, it doesn’t count against Chase’s 5/24 rule, and first year AF is waived (which the Chase Marriott cards don’t waive).

I don’t know how much DM cares about staying under 5/24, but she could consider the SPG personal card before 8/26, too. The SPG personal card will count against the 5/24 rule when Amex reports it in about two months. Its offer is not as big — 75k Marriott points (equivalent to the old 25k Starpoints offer), but carries a lower $3k MSR, and first year AF waived.

The SPG personal card is supposed to be discontinued to new applicants sometime early next year, but (offhand) I think a Marriott personal card would disqualify DM from getting the SPG personal after 8/26.

If DM decides to apply for both SPG Biz and SPG personal, there’s kind of a soft 1 card per 5 days timing rule for Amex approvals.

You can check the status of an Amex application here if you don’t get instant approval: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Good luck!
Praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

I am heading to WDW tonight, just waiting for my 6:15 pm flight! Jealous on the Shula's, although Yachtsman is my fave, but thanks to getting my brace's wires changed on Fri, I doubt I'll be eating any steak :( DH had been get the filet this weekend and I barely managed to 2 bites and he'll get to enjoy the rest of it. I guess I could make do with lobster bisque though.
We are too. 7pm flight. We’ll be there until the 28th. Safe travels!

0/30 for the biz cards and 2/30 for the personal cards. So if she has applied for the Marriott personal in the last 30 days then she would not be eligible for the Marriott biz. She should have applied for the Biz first, waited for it to be approved then applied for the personal. She can apply for the SPG Biz in the meantime though.

So find out what card DM actually applied for. She could call the Chase automated status line at 1-800-432-3117, which should tell her what card she applied for and whether she’s been approved. (Marriott Biz would obviously say “business.”)

If she got the Marriott personal, she won’t be able to get the Marriott Biz before 8/26 because of Chase’s 0/30 rule for business card applications that she should have no other Chase applications in the prior 30 days.

But also, if she applied for the personal, and the application is still pending, she may as well call in to Chase’s recon line at 1-888-270-2127 to see if there’s anything she could do to get the card approved. Since it’s a personal application, there’s no worry about getting grilled about her “business” and it’s probably just ID verification.

If she got the Marriott Biz, she could actually get the Marriott personal before 8/26, as long as she’s under 5/24, because Chase’s 2/30 rule for personal card applications allows for 2 Chase card approvals within 30 days.

She could go for the SPG Biz before 8/26 if (1) she’s opened less than 2 Amex cards in the past 90 days, and (2) has less than 5 Amex credit cards. The SPG Biz offer is solid because 100k Marriott points would’ve been equivalent to 33,333 Starpoints, the $5k spend is typical of bonuses this big, it doesn’t count against Chase’s 5/24 rule, and first year AF is waived (which the Chase Marriott cards don’t waive).

I don’t know how much DM cares about staying under 5/24, but she could consider the SPG personal card before 8/26, too. The SPG personal card will count against the 5/24 rule when Amex reports it in about two months. Its offer is not as big — 75k Marriott points (equivalent to the old 25k Starpoints offer), but carries a lower $3k MSR, and first year AF waived.

The SPG personal card is supposed to be discontinued to new applicants sometime early next year, but (offhand) I think a Marriott personal card would disqualify DM from getting the SPG personal after 8/26.

If DM decides to apply for both SPG Biz and SPG personal, there’s kind of a soft 1 card per 5 days timing rule for Amex approvals.

You can check the status of an Amex application here if you don’t get instant approval: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the detailed info! She gets a little overwhelmed when I talk to her about cards. I'll probably just call and check for her. I was hoping she could keep her 5/24 lower by going only for biz cards, but I'm not even sure what her exact count is. I need to get It all straightened out!

I've got lots of Marriott stays coming up and have lost track of what the different CCs are going to earn. Which is the best one to use for Marriott stays- SPG Biz, Marriott, CSR? Thanks!
Which Marriott card is it? Old Premier is 5x points, new Premier Plus is 6x points. (Marriott biz will be 5x or 6x depending on the date of the stay)
SPG biz is 6x points.
CSR will depend on if you value UR higher than Stariott points, since that's 3x UR points.

I am heading to WDW tonight, just waiting for my 6:15 pm flight! Jealous on the Shula's, although Yachtsman is my fave, but thanks to getting my brace's wires changed on Fri, I doubt I'll be eating any steak :( DH had been get the filet this weekend and I barely managed to 2 bites and he'll get to enjoy the rest of it. I guess I could make do with lobster bisque though.
Oh no! I remember those days :( I had to get spacers before I could get my brackets on and I went in the day before Thanksgiving... :sad2:

I want to try Yachtsman too, we've never been there or to Shula's. Shula's won out this time because I will be able to use a birthday coupon... Though I'm tempted to book Yachtsman for Labor Day weekend now...

The Marriott and SPG cards all have the same 6x points earned for Marriott and SPG stays. But if you’re staying at a SPG brand property, does your SPG Biz have the Amex Offer for $60 off $300 at SPG? It’s supposed to expire 9/4/18 (but you could call in to prepay if you’re staying after the expiration date).

I personally went with a SPG card for the 6x Marriott points and $60 statement credit during a recent Sharaton stay over the 3x UR I could’ve earned on the CSR.
Thanks. These are all Marriott hotels so I guess I'll switch it to my CSR for payment. We used the $60 statement credit when we went to DL which was a nice little savings.

So if you had a choice to collect any hotel points which hotel group would you choose? DH has some travel coming up so thinking Marriott but figured this group would be great to get input from.

Our upcoming travel goals are disney land, gibraltar(spelling) universal studios Orlando.
We love Hyatt, the problem is that they have a smaller footprint. But the UR to Hyatt transfer has gotten us some really sweet deals.

Oh man, I was just looking at the Hilton hotels in Lincoln, wanted to see if I should do some of the AMEX Hilton GCs before that offer expires. My cousin and his wife are having their first baby, their official due date is Sept 10th but at her appointment 2 weeks ago they told her it could really be anytime now. So I put in the last weekend of Sept to see what the Hiltons are running. Sold out! What!

Duh. Husker football, guys. It's a religion.

Haven't seen this posted, but just noticed an Amex offer for JetBlue - spend $200 get $40 back (exp 11/20/18). Its on several of my cards - PRG, Blue Cash, Everyday, Hilton.

On another note - is anyone changing their evaluation of their Amex cards based on the closure of the multi-tab loophole for Amex offers? Some of my Amex cards have only been kept because of the ability to use Amex offers multiple times. Now that is gone there seems little point in keeping some of the cards so I am probably going to close a couple to free up space for future Amex cards.

I had asked in another thread about getting the best sign up bonus on a non-premier Disney visa and was told there was a way to get $200. Can anyone help with this.

DP: Just got off phone with Barclays recon for the Aviator. My app went to pending. Got a manual review, APPROVED :yay:for ridiculous credit line. Rep said my app went to review because my credit accounts are frozen (although I did unfreeze TransUnion to apply for this). I have two other Barclays cards, both with really large limits. Note, I regularly use those accounts.

Now I'm trying to figure out my next move - I'm considering using a targeted mailer I got for the CapOne Venture or grabbing the AmeriPrise Plat (no fee first year).

Waiting on DH to get his approval on Barclays. He's also frozen, so we should be in the same boat. He has no Barclays accounts. Thinking about grabbing a Citi AA card for him too.

Decisions.

I had asked in another thread about getting the best sign up bonus on a non-premier Disney visa and was told there was a way to get $200. Can anyone help with this.

A lot of us have referral links for that offer but we can't post direct here. Message @Albort to join the DisChurners group on Reddit. He can walk you though this - and you'll have the links there to get the offer.

Question about booking on Chases UR portal for my CSR. I want to book an in demand hotel which has opened reservations for a year out, but the portal won’t even accept the dates. I think I heard 330 days out they do.
Anyhow, is there a number you can call chase to make the reservation with points over the phone now? If I wait the rooms will be all gone. Thanks

Didn't have time to update yesterday, but the 24hr. trick worked on my UR transfer. Called back VS and they took my payment no problem and booked my flight. Me and SO were up all night on the ANA website picking our seats!

Thanks @platamama @palhockeymomof2 @CyndiLouWho for the info on the UR transfers. I wish Chase would be more upfront about only transferring to ONE household account!

DP: Just got off phone with Barclays recon for the Aviator. My app went to pending. Got a manual review, APPROVED :yay:for ridiculous credit line. Rep said my app went to review because my credit accounts are frozen (although I did unfreeze TransUnion to apply for this). I have two other Barclays cards, both with really large limits. Note, I regularly use those accounts.

Now I'm trying to figure out my next move - I'm considering using a targeted mailer I got for the CapOne Venture or grabbing the AmeriPrise Plat (no fee first year).

Waiting on DH to get his approval on Barclays. He's also frozen, so we should be in the same boat. He has no Barclays accounts. Thinking about grabbing a Citi AA card for him too.

Decisions.

Ugh. Mine went to pending as well but I am too scared to call. I just have a “business” and don’t really want to be grilled on it.

I’m not surprised since I have gotten four cards in the last six months but was still hoping. Waiting to see what happens.

I couldn’t login to my SPG/Marriott account all day yesterday. It wasn’t showing any of my points said maintenance etc and now it’s working today but there is no availability for Bora Bora. I even am searching for flexible dates.

I booked a stay at the Prince de Galles in Paris. I think this is temporarily discounted too but I could be wrong. I am like 50/50 on canceling though. We tentatively have Rome in April and I got dates for this in May so it may not work.

Was anyone able to book any of these category 7s that are going up in price next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter