I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t log in last night for Marriott. I didn’t check spg yet. Marriott didn’t have a sign in but apparently the app was working

I was just able to sign in. Typed SPG, redirect to Marriott where it shows my Marriott Rewards points, but is an SPG interface. No sign of SPG points. Yet.

I guess the bright side with all of the website changes - I booked our stay in a couple weeks on points back before the Dolphin values changed in march. I hadn't updated my SPG account yet, so it was under my maiden name. At some point I updated my SPG and Marriott accounts to my married name. Even after having them go in and change my reservation to my married name, it still would never show up in my account as an upcoming reservation. I could always look it up and see it, but it never linked automatically even though the reservation had my number and the names matched. But at one point this weekend when I attempted to login, I could see it under upcoming stays? *attempts to see silver lining...?*

I've got lots of Marriott stays coming up and have lost track of what the different CCs are going to earn. Which is the best one to use for Marriott stays- SPG Biz, Marriott, CSR? Thanks!

I have been thinking about the upcoming SPG Luxury card lately. I was initially going to give it a pass because I do have some trouble justifying a bunch of high AF cards, but we have a 7 night award booking coming up in October at the Dolphin. That means at $31.50 resort fee per night, we'll be paying $220.50. I assume the $300 SPG credit on the Lux will count for that, right? DoC's review says it must be charged to the room so I assume it would be. What about things like the spa? P2 was interested in a spa day, so that would easily use up the rest of the $300.

I know a lot of it is speculation but with such a short time to grab it, I want to be ready if it makes sense.

No sign of SPG points. Yet

Same-looks like all the Marriott info is on the SPG site but SPG info isn't there (stays/nights/points). Hoping all information will return as this moves along.

@striker1064 - I view the SPG Lux similarly to R-C and CSR- essentially a $150 card (plus an annual free night) after the $300 credit. The understanding is that $300 credit is applied to a room charge but since it's not out yet can't be 100% sure how amex will interpret this. With your upcoming stay I'd probably get it and take it for a drive.

Is there any reason I should wait to make a payment on cards that I am meeting the MSRs on if they haven't had their statements close yet?

I haven’t had any issues with my URs posting and I’ve paid the cards online weekly priorto the statement closing for years and have continued to do so with my new accounts....

For those who called in and received retention offers on the SW cards...about how long did it take Chase to post the credit to your card....

What are the Chase application rules again? I had been talking to DM about applying for the SPG Biz and Marriott Biz before the new restrictions go into place, but she applied for the Marriott personal (she thinks). She can't apply for the Marriott biz now, right because it's too soon? I told her she should go ahead and apply for the SPG Biz now though. I feel bad, I know she did it because she thought it was what I wanted her to do, but wish she had double-checked first! Also, she didn't get instant approval, what is the number to call to check the status? Thank you! Sorry, I feel like I should know the answers to these questions!

Same-looks like all the Marriott info is on the SPG site but SPG info isn't there (stays/nights/points). Hoping all information will return as this moves along.

@striker1064 - I view the SPG Lux similarly to R-C and CSR- essentially a $150 card (plus an annual free night) after the $300 credit. The understanding is that $300 credit is applied to a room charge but since it's not out yet can't be 100% sure how amex will interpret this. With your upcoming stay I'd probably get it and take it for a drive.
It is so strange the errors are not consistent. I have a new account number for what was my SPG and have my converted points and nights, I just can't see my hotel stays. Hopefully Marriott gets this all sorted out quickly. And then hopefully the combine accounts feature works properly so that I can have all of my points in a single account.

I have been thinking about the upcoming SPG Luxury card lately. I was initially going to give it a pass because I do have some trouble justifying a bunch of high AF cards, but we have a 7 night award booking coming up in October at the Dolphin. That means at $31.50 resort fee per night, we'll be paying $220.50. I assume the $300 SPG credit on the Lux will count for that, right? DoC's review says it must be charged to the room so I assume it would be. What about things like the spa? P2 was interested in a spa day, so that would easily use up the rest of the $300.

I know a lot of it is speculation but with such a short time to grab it, I want to be ready if it makes sense.
I am checking into the Dolphin in exactly 4 weeks :hyper: on a 6 night points stay, so I am leaning towards getting SPG Lux and using the credit for that and the rest on our anniversary dinner at Shula's :)

What are the Chase application rules again? I had been talking to DM about applying for the SPG Biz and Marriott Biz before the new restrictions go into place, but she applied for the Marriott personal (she thinks). She can't apply for the Marriott biz now, right because it's too soon? I told her she should go ahead and apply for the SPG Biz now though. I feel bad, I know she did it because she thought it was what I wanted her to do, but wish she had double-checked first! Also, she didn't get instant approval, what is the number to call to check the status? Thank you! Sorry, I feel like I should know the answers to these questions!
0/30 for the biz cards and 2/30 for the personal cards. So if she has applied for the Marriott personal in the last 30 days then she would not be eligible for the Marriott biz. She should have applied for the Biz first, waited for it to be approved then applied for the personal. She can apply for the SPG Biz in the meantime though.

I am checking into the Dolphin in exactly 4 weeks :hyper: on a 6 night points stay, so I am leaning towards getting SPG Lux and using the credit for that and the rest on our anniversary dinner at Shula's :)
I am heading to WDW tonight, just waiting for my 6:15 pm flight! Jealous on the Shula's, although Yachtsman is my fave, but thanks to getting my brace's wires changed on Fri, I doubt I'll be eating any steak :( DH had been get the filet this weekend and I barely managed to 2 bites and he'll get to enjoy the rest of it. I guess I could make do with lobster bisque though.

So find out what card DM actually applied for. She could call the Chase automated status line at 1-800-432-3117, which should tell her what card she applied for and whether she’s been approved. (Marriott Biz would obviously say “business.”)

If she got the Marriott personal, she won’t be able to get the Marriott Biz before 8/26 because of Chase’s 0/30 rule for business card applications that she should have no other Chase applications in the prior 30 days.

But also, if she applied for the personal, and the application is still pending, she may as well call in to Chase’s recon line at 1-888-270-2127 to see if there’s anything she could do to get the card approved. Since it’s a personal application, there’s no worry about getting grilled about her “business” and it’s probably just ID verification.

If she got the Marriott Biz, she could actually get the Marriott personal before 8/26, as long as she’s under 5/24, because Chase’s 2/30 rule for personal card applications allows for 2 Chase card approvals within 30 days.

She could go for the SPG Biz before 8/26 if (1) she’s opened less than 2 Amex cards in the past 90 days, and (2) has less than 5 Amex credit cards. The SPG Biz offer is solid because 100k Marriott points would’ve been equivalent to 33,333 Starpoints, the $5k spend is typical of bonuses this big, it doesn’t count against Chase’s 5/24 rule, and first year AF is waived (which the Chase Marriott cards don’t waive).

I don’t know how much DM cares about staying under 5/24, but she could consider the SPG personal card before 8/26, too. The SPG personal card will count against the 5/24 rule when Amex reports it in about two months. Its offer is not as big — 75k Marriott points (equivalent to the old 25k Starpoints offer), but carries a lower $3k MSR, and first year AF waived.

The SPG personal card is supposed to be discontinued to new applicants sometime early next year, but (offhand) I think a Marriott personal card would disqualify DM from getting the SPG personal after 8/26.

If DM decides to apply for both SPG Biz and SPG personal, there’s kind of a soft 1 card per 5 days timing rule for Amex approvals.

You can check the status of an Amex application here if you don’t get instant approval: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Good luck!

Last edited:
I've got lots of Marriott stays coming up and have lost track of what the different CCs are going to earn. Which is the best one to use for Marriott stays- SPG Biz, Marriott, CSR? Thanks!

The Marriott and SPG cards all have the same 6x points earned for Marriott and SPG stays. But if you’re staying at a SPG brand property, does your SPG Biz have the Amex Offer for $60 off $300 at SPG? It’s supposed to expire 9/4/18 (but you could call in to prepay if you’re staying after the expiration date).

I personally went with a SPG card for the 6x Marriott points and $60 statement credit during a recent Sharaton stay over the 3x UR I could’ve earned on the CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter