• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The membership offer I had specified it must be used at a web address listed. I used it on a different membership offer (like the one you posted). Hasn’t credited yet. View attachment 462091

I also had $15 off 30 on another card. I just realized both the membership and order posted to the same card, despite me adding the second card and double checking it was on the order I placed. Apparently I should have triple checked.
this is what I'm wondering, do I have to go thru the amex link for membership and the credit to trigger

Does anyone else have trouble pulling the trigger on using points and rewards? Is there a reason I wouldn't want to use Chase Ultimate Rewards for a car rental? I'm also considering pulling points out for cash or gift cards. We often travel and get better deals with military discounts or our timeshare. I just like hoarding points though!

Boring trip details---feel free to skip. :)

DH said yes to an Easter WDW trip! Fingers crossed that my boss approves my request for a day off as we have to fly out of STL now because Frontier is not extending service out of our local (1 hour away) airport and that change results in taking Tuesday off. I have 100,000 miles, and 50K Elite status (thanks to their Mastercard), and $250 in vouchers from our 2019 spring break trip to use. Total cost to me OOP - $14 for spring break after using the vouchers. I still have the 100,000 miles to use. The Elite status gives me free seat assignments and 1 checked bag on each flight. Come February I will have another $100 voucher, but a $79 fee to pay. I can't see me keeping this Mastercard now since it's no longer really convenient to fly out of our local airport.

Flights $14 (will be covered by my Amex travel benefits if I decide to stick with Frontier as my chosen airline).

Hotel - first night, Hilton points at Hilton Bonnet Creek
Remaining nights - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2 bedroom deluxe; Wyndham timeshare (using our points - great deal! Our cost without discounts is $700 for 6 nights. I'm hoping to get an upgrade with the 1 bedroom I have booked, which would be even sweeter.)

Car Rental - debating using URs. I can't find a car big enough for us under $400. It would cost me about 38,000 Chase URs, and I have around 600,000 right now. I'm kicking myself that I didn't book the $300 car rental I found last week.

Tickets- military 4 days (debated 5 but really like an off day) - will have to pay this OOP - $1325

Parking - $100 (4 park days)

Food - I'm estimating (high I hope) needing $1200-1500 total. I have $1000 in gift cards saved, and we'll probably use them mostly for food. Does anyone know if I have to pay with my Disney Visa to get the 10% discount at participating restaurants? Can I just show it? The discount + gift card savings would be a pretty good chunk off the inflated Disney dining prices.

ETA: I'm also hoping to use our AMEX Hilton Ascend cards at the Hilton Bonnet Creek gift shop to purchase Disney gift cards. (I just saw on their website that they sell them.) That equals $500 ($250 for each of us) in Amex Resort credits.
this sounds good, and IMHO but I'd use 38k UR for a car if I had 600k to play with.... it's up to each person how they choose to use them tho

Has anyone ever dealt with Hyatt blackout dates... even though they’re not supposed to blackout anything? I’ve been interested in booking the Grand Hyatt Kauai for next Christmas and they show no availability at all. I find it hard to believe the entire hotel is sold out for that week a year out. Any ideas?

Most likely minimum length of stay restrictions. Are they selling rooms at RACK? It is not a blackout if they are not selling anything. I searched 23-28th and found rooms at Rack and Point availability.

I see you figured that out on your own...sorry was back reading. I also saw question about when Hyatt award availability rolls in and the answer "should be" 395 days just like normal inventory.

Last edited:
I think we all put most emphasis on big trips here, but the getaways are what may keep us all sane.

Thank you! I needed to see that line today. I've been checking to see if I can find a cheap value for our trip this month just so I can be "on site", in reality I need to be happy that we are staying in Disney Springs because it's a weekend away at Disney and that's just awesome in itself.

I thought it would be fun for Dh and I to stay onsite sometime during Festival of the arts because we never stay onsite and I want to get some pregnancy pictures taken. I looked at like 4 different weekends and the prices are ridiculous. There’s no way I can convince him. I guess we’re stuck with staying offsite or only going for the day
I always see people posting about "babymoons" now. A WDW resort would be appropriate for a special occasion like this 🤣

What about even last minute DVC rentals from places like Davids or Timeshare Store?

I always see people posting about "babymoons" now. A WDW resort would be appropriate for a special occasion like this 🤣

What about even last minute DVC rentals from places like Davids or Timeshare Store?
Technically our babymoon was our Disney cruise in November lol. We probably shouldn't have planned it so early because now we still have 3-4 months to go and I'm itching to go somewhere. I did look at DVC rental store, but not the other two. I'll give them a look.

I looked at multiple websites including the Chase portal and our best options seem to be February 14-16 or February 21-23. Both would be at Pop Century. February 14-16 would be $502 and February 21-23 would be $548 and booked through Priceline. Obviously this is more than I would normally pay to stay at Pop, but they do have the skyliner.

Dh isn't on board at all and would rather drive two separate days than stay in Orlando. He wants to do a weekend somewhere else so my question is are there any places some of you have stayed in Florida that you absolutely loved?

I looked at multiple websites including the Chase portal and our best options seem to be February 14-16 or February 21-23. Both would be at Pop Century. February 14-16 would be $502 and February 21-23 would be $548 and booked through Priceline. Obviously this is more than I would normally pay to stay at Pop, but they do have the skyliner.

Dh isn't on board at all and would rather drive two separate days than stay in Orlando. He wants to do a weekend somewhere else so my question is are there any places some of you have stayed in Florida that you absolutely loved?
Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach! Have you looked at Sarasota?

What about Marco Island/Naples area! I haven’t been but it’s on my “list”

Hi, my DH has the Amex Plat and had AA as his airline credit last year 2019, and well, it went unused. He just switched it to SW for 2020, because I thought maybe we can use it for EBCI? Can anyone confirm? Anything else the credit may be useful for with SW? Thanks so much!
I purchased EBCI yesterday hoping to see it credit sometime in the next 4-5 days. I can report back if you’re interested. Also purchased $176 in airfare. Hopefully that will work as well.

Hyatt Residence club at Bonita Springs. I transferred 20,000 UR points to my Hyatt account. I think there is a Hyatt Regency just down the road.

Very few and they are more than I feel comfortable spending. I only checked Disney’s website and undercover tourist so maybe I need to look elsewhere.
I haven't booked anything for Jan (next week) or Feb because the pricing is so crazy. It is honestly so high that I just won't go if I can't find a deal. I have to do Jan to move DD down but I won't stay on property and I will just skip Feb. There are so may things going on at wdw these days it is getting hard to find decent deals. I have firm plans for march for a week and may for a week. Those will suffice I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter