I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Mount Dora? I drove up there with my brother and his wife a couple of years ago and that was a cute little town with a lot of shops and restaurants. Very quaint. We took a little tour on a boat on the lake, spotting bald eagles and other wildlife.
Oops, I did. Corrected.

I think we all put most emphasis on big trips here, but the getaways are what may keep us all sane.

This. I'd go nuts without the weekend getaways. Our free night certificates and resort credits are the real winners for our weekend getaway plans. IHG, Chase Marriott BonBlah, Amex Mariott BonBlah Biz, Amex Marriott BonBlah Brilliant, Amex Hilton Aspire. Those cover 14 nights a year for us since PlanePrincess and I each carry the same cards. We have always redeemed for a value greater than the AF too, so the cards pay for themselves. I'm not even including the Radisson Rewards Premier cards we have because we use those for stays in Europe and just let the anniversary points pile up. Although we did do a weekend in Europe to see a show once, but that's not the norm LOL

Did y try the travel agency that cannot be named? I think details are on dischurners. They got me a great rate at pop in January.

My parents spend their winters in Florida and went last year to Homosassa springs state park to see the manatees- it was very cool. Theres also crystal river near there. Not a whole lot in the way of hotels- a few Hampton inns or best westerns etc but you could probably find something on the chase portal. It’s a fairly rural area still. Jan, feb and very early March are the best time for manatees, when it’s cold they come in from the gulf to the hot springs overnight. We went on a day where it had been in the 40s at night and there were over 80 manatees in the spring at 9 am
I didn’t ask them. I’ll message and see what rates they have. I forgot all about them. I have a travel agent there I’ve used before.

ETA: They have no offers in February after the 9th. That says something about how busy it’s probably gonna be. Oh well

Both of those places sound fun! I have a document going with options so I added it. Seems like a good time to go to see manatees

So my big trip to CA (postponed last summer because I got a new job) planned this coming summer, might end up being on hold again. Because we're seriously thinking about moving south. :cool1: To NC. Have some friends and family there. Best part (besides the minimal snow) is that we'll be 10 hrs or so driving to FL, rather than the 24 hrs we just drove a few days ago. 8-)

ETA: And it's too soon to tell friends/family, so i'll tell my internet friends :rotfl2:

Do you mean Mount Dora? I drove up there with my brother and his wife a couple of years ago and that was a cute little town with a lot of shops and restaurants. Very quaint. We took a little tour on a boat on the lake, spotting bald eagles and other wildlife.
My DH's friends live there and DH's horses train near there in the winter. He really likes the area. He tired to get me to buy a house there but I was old on Sebastian. I have not been there yet but hope to one of these days.

I would prefer Sebastian also. I liked Mount Dora but I prefer coastal areas.
The Sebastian park has actually been on our list for awhile. I was gonna convince Dh to go this weekend because it’s less than an hour from us. He has stuff to get done so I’m not sure if we’ll get around to it

I would prefer Sebastian also. I liked Mount Dora but I prefer coastal areas.
My brother lives in Clermont, right near the lake, and loves it in that area. they actually rolling hills and evergreens. I’d prefer the coast too. We’ll see where we end up when DS graduates and we move. Four and a half years to go.

Last year, I was lucky enough to get Platinum Elite Bonvoy Status with all of the bonus nights from the cards. I got Platinum Elite status again this year with spend (I had bonus points offer that made the spend worth it for me) but not nights. I didn't realize that I can't get the suite nights without the 50 night stays. So your Platinum elite but can't have all of the benefits? I'm starting to understand why Bonvoy gets no love. lol
Today's Bonvoyed moment #5595591
"My Reservation i booked was for 4 nights @15000 points per night(offpeak). Today, i received a cancellation of that reservation and a new reservation confirmation email of 4 nights @20000 points per night(peak rate)"

"My Reservation i booked was for 4 nights @15000 points per night(offpeak). Today, i received a cancellation of that reservation and a new reservation confirmation email of 4 nights @20000 points per night(peak rate)"
I'm not sure how I can be shocked and unsurprised at the same time.
I guess that's the new definition of #Bonvoyed

Was this a points advance reservation?? I can't fathom how Marriott could mess with a reservation that has already been paid for with points.

And just scrolling through the DD thread, found another incident -

Seems like there's some shenanigans going on with Marriott this week and people should keep an eye on their ressies.

I had a successful career in Wholesale Distribution, ended up as VP of Purchasing for a company.

Then at 30 (5 years ago) I pivoted into commercial banking.

I also have restaurants in my background from my earlier years. So I’d contend I’ve had 3 successful careers lol!
I've had 2 careers, 10 years in non-profit that was fun (travelled a lot) but not as "successful" financially. I went back to school and now I get paid decently to do research. Who knows what the future will hold!!!

EBCI will definitely work. The airline fare will be an interesting DP. Around $100 has been working.
I have the airline credit on Hilton Aspire. I used it for the taxes and EBCI for 6 flights booked last year on SW. No problem
Good, it sounds like it'll work. Certain we will buy tickets later in the year for more travel or when next year's schedule starts to post for spring/summer 2021. We already bought tickets for spring and summer on SW for this year prior to him making the switch on the Amex Plat. I hate to waste the credit! Couldn't figure out what to do with AA, we didn't fly it in 2019 for personal but DH did fly AA a lot for work but doesn't need the baggage fee incidentals or whatever else it can be used for, and it ended up not being used.

I have the Hilton Aspire card on my list to try for hopefully next spring, I can see using Hilton and have some places in mind for next year if things work out.

Ugh this is not good news. What can they do right these days?

And just scrolling through the DD thread, found another incident -

Seems like there's some shenanigans going on with Marriott this week and people should keep an eye on their ressies.

DH is trying to log in and even that isn't working. :rolleyes2

Shoot...I have 13 nights booked in Europe this summer on points. I am not happy about this.

Yikes. I have 4 nights booked with Marriott in Europe and right now I'm just so glad the rest are with Hyatt. I'm not ok with this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter