I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m planning on getting an annual pass to our zoo because it’s only a mile from us and has a great splash pad. I’m sure we’ll go to Disney a lot and try to go out to eat when we can. I’m overthinking and over planning things like usual lol

Parks. Lots and lots of parks. We also really enjoyed botanical gardens. That first year, you really only need to carry them around with you. The entertainment is more for your benefit than theirs - EVERYTHING is new to them.
I looked at multiple websites including the Chase portal and our best options seem to be February 14-16 or February 21-23. Both would be at Pop Century. February 14-16 would be $502 and February 21-23 would be $548 and booked through Priceline. Obviously this is more than I would normally pay to stay at Pop, but they do have the skyliner.

Dh isn't on board at all and would rather drive two separate days than stay in Orlando. He wants to do a weekend somewhere else so my question is are there any places some of you have stayed in Florida that you absolutely loved?
As a FL resident, thats a lot for Pop. We have loved St. Augustine - interesting history, very cute, easy to navigate, beaches.

Near Orlando, in Lakeland, is Florida Southern College that has the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings in one setting (very random) if you are interested in that. Beach towns up and down the coast have their charm.

Savannah isn’t too far from for a weekend and it deserves at least a weekend. Tons of state parks near Orlando in Central Florida have springs with great manatee viewing in winter with walking and kayaking trails (floridastateparks.org).

I love Gainesville - home of University of Florida - with beautiful and interesting state parks like the Devils Millhopper and the homestead of Marjorie Keenan Rawlings. It has the rolling hills and Spanish Moss - just avoid game weekends unless THATS your goal. Micanopy near there is an antique town with nicely restored buildings housing shops, cafes, and restaurants. I’ve been going there since college - I would visit my sister at UF for Gator Growl (homecoming) and Sunday, drive over to Micanopy to take a break and detox from the crazy partying.
I love Florida.

Last edited:
I purchased EBCI yesterday hoping to see it credit sometime in the next 4-5 days. I can report back if you’re interested. Also purchased $176 in airfare. Hopefully that will work as well.
That would be great! We use EBCI and pay for it, so if it works with the Amex Plat airline credit, even better.

Hi, my DH has the Amex Plat and had AA as his airline credit last year 2019, and well, it went unused. He just switched it to SW for 2020, because I thought maybe we can use it for EBCI? Can anyone confirm? Anything else the credit may be useful for with SW? Thanks so much!
I have the airline credit on Hilton Aspire. I used it for the taxes and EBCI for 6 flights booked last year on SW. No problem

Just a heads up for those opening GSB accounts. When using bill pay, you can only do $1700 in one transaction and $3400 a day total. If you try to do more, they will lock your account and you need to call to unlock...I should so since I just did it. The girl was very friendly and efficient though.

We are still homeless too and leave in a week. :scared: I have ideas of what to do, just hoping a PLE deal pops up last minute.
I’ve been checking PLE like everyday for our dates and nada. Those seem so rare right now when I remember them being plentiful last year at this time. I was even able to get BC during spring break last year! And I booked it several weeks out.

Hi, I’m mostly a lurker and don’t post much, but I just can’t decide on what kind of credit card I should get. I’ve tried reading through the old 2019 thread and some of this one.. but the number of pages is overwhelming. I’ve tried reading reviews online.. and I just don’t know.

I was thinking of the captial one venture card??

1) I have not applied for a credit card in 4 years.

2)
  • I spend around 800 a month on groceries. 100 phone bill, electric bill (100-200)
  • I pay my credit card off biweekly.
  • What airport- I fly out of Syracuse Ny airport.
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? I do not.
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? No.
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? No
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? I want points for travel. We take a couple small trips a year, go to Disney every other year. I also want to visit my family in Reno more often. I usually pay around 500 a ticket when I do go.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? My SO and 15 year old son. We don’t always travel together.

• EDIT- we are going to Disney this year in Sept.I just booked a package with the free dining plan.

Last edited:
I've done Marco a couple times. I wouldn't suggest it if you aren't beach people...and I think I remember you saying that.
No we aren’t beach people. We don’t like to sit on the beach for very long. I like to swim but I think the water will be too cold

I haven't booked anything for Jan (next week) or Feb because the pricing is so crazy. It is honestly so high that I just won't go if I can't find a deal. I have to do Jan to move DD down but I won't stay on property and I will just skip Feb. There are so may things going on at wdw these days it is getting hard to find decent deals. I have firm plans for march for a week and may for a week. Those will suffice I guess.
I’m super surprised at the prices. We stayed at YC last January for $400/night and that was club level. I’m seeing that price for this year but it’s a standard room. I have a feeling we won’t even stay offsite. We’ll probably just drive for the day and that’ll be it. I can’t justify the price of the resorts

Parks. Lots and lots of parks. We also really enjoyed botanical gardens. That first year, you really only need to carry them around with you. The entertainment is more for your benefit than theirs - EVERYTHING is new to them.

As a FL resident, thats a lot for Pop. We have loved St. Augustine - interesting history, very cute, easy to navigate, beaches.

Near Orlando, in Lakeland, is Florida Southern College that has the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings in one setting (very random) if you are interested in that. Beach towns up and down the coast have their charm.

Savannah isn’t too far from for a weekend and it deserves at least a weekend. Tons of state parks near Orlando in Central Florida have springs with great manatee viewing in winter with walking and kayaking trails (floridastateparks.org).

I love Gainesville - home of University of Florida - with beautiful and interesting state parks like the Devils Millhopper and the homestead of Marjorie Keenan Rawlings. It has the rolling hills and Spanish Moss - just avoid game weekends unless THATS your goal. Micanopy near there is an antique town with nicely restored buildings housing shops, cafes, and restaurants. I’ve been going there since college - I would visit my sister at UF for Gator Growl (homecoming) and Sunday, drive over to Micanopy to take a break and detox from the crazy partying.
I love Florida.
I thought that was a lot for pop too. I couldn’t find anything cheaper though. We probably just won’t stay on site.

We actually did St. Augustine not too long ago. I really enjoyed it. We only did a day there. Savannah is only about 4 hours so that could be an option. I would love to do manatee viewing so maybe we can go do that. I thought maybe Dh and I could go to Winter Park. I know that’s supposed to be nice. I’m not sure what places they have to stay there.

My $176 Southwest charge was for 3 $59 flights on one itinerary. Same thing triggered credits in November so I’m hopeful it will credit again this time.
Gotcha. Yes, that should work since SW charges each one separately. I was thinking more like the cost of a single flight from BWI to LAX.

Last edited:
I thought that was a lot for pop too. I couldn’t find anything cheaper though. We probably just won’t stay on site.

We actually did St. Augustine not too long ago. I really enjoyed it. We only did a day there. Savannah is only about 4 hours so that could be an option. I would love to do manatee viewing so maybe we can go do that. I thought maybe Dh and I could go to Winter Park. I know that’s supposed to be nice. I’m not sure what places they have to stay there.
Mt. Dora is a nice day trip also with the lake and lots of little shops to wonder through.

Last edited:

Did y try the travel agency that cannot be named? I think details are on dischurners. They got me a great rate at pop in January.

My parents spend their winters in Florida and went last year to Homosassa springs state park to see the manatees- it was very cool. Theres also crystal river near there. Not a whole lot in the way of hotels- a few Hampton inns or best westerns etc but you could probably find something on the chase portal. It’s a fairly rural area still. Jan, feb and very early March are the best time for manatees, when it’s cold they come in from the gulf to the hot springs overnight. We went on a day where it had been in the 40s at night and there were over 80 manatees in the spring at 9 am

Hi, I’m mostly a lurker and don’t post much, but I just can’t decide on what kind of credit card I should get. I’ve tried reading through the old 2019 thread and some of this one.. but the number of pages is overwhelming. I’ve tried reading reviews online.. and I just don’t know.

I was thinking of the captial one venture card??

1) I have not applied for a credit card in 4 years.

2)
  • I spend around 800 a month on groceries. 100 phone bill, electric bill (100-200)
  • I pay my credit card off biweekly.
  • What airport- I fly out of Syracuse Ny airport.
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? I do not.
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? No.
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? No
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? I want points for travel. We take a couple small trips a year, go to Disney every other year. I also want to visit my family in Reno more often. I usually pay around 500 a ticket when I do go.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? My SO and 15 year old son. We don’t always travel together.

• EDIT- we are going to Disney this year in Sept.I just booked a package with the free dining plan.
Welcome! I’ll drop you a PM inviting you to our DISchurners reddit group. Cap1 Venture isn’t often a first pick of ours but some people have it. We’d probably recommend looking towards some Chase cards first because of how easy they are to get and their lucrative bonuses.

Mt. Nona is a nice day trip also with the lake and lots of little shops to wonder through.

Do you mean Mount Dora? I drove up there with my brother and his wife a couple of years ago and that was a cute little town with a lot of shops and restaurants. Very quaint. We took a little tour on a boat on the lake, spotting bald eagles and other wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter