I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we stopped playing clue as a family a while back.... my DS1 always solved the mystery in about 3 seconds..... still don't know how he does it so fast (I guess he's a logical thinker?) I love board games but as my kids grew up we play them less and less,my DH hates board games.

I realize now my orignal post is all off in numbers:rolleyes1 thanks for the reply! Did you have any issue with either theamex credit posting using the link,or getting a gc?
I received both Amex offers and the e-gift from Sams with no problems using the different link. 👍🏻

Speaking of SW...I opened a plus for dh in 11/18. We were flying to TX so I even remember the exact date. Anyways, the AF never has posted. The 3k anniv points posted on 11/27/19 but no AF yet. I even looked at a year end statement that says ‘fees charged in 2019 - $0’. Was planning to close the card but just have been watching for the fee to hit. Anyone know what’s up with that??

Just changed my airlines with Amex (for Gold and Platinum credits). Want to buy SW EBCI for DCA to SEA in August. Do I need to wait a few days to buy EBCI? Or am I good now?

Speaking of SW...I opened a plus for dh in 11/18. We were flying to TX so I even remember the exact date. Anyways, the AF never has posted. The 3k anniv points posted on 11/27/19 but no AF yet. I even looked at a year end statement that says ‘fees charged in 2019 - $0’. Was planning to close the card but just have been watching for the fee to hit. Anyone know what’s up with that??
Lucky 🤷🏼‍♀️

Good morming all. I just thought it would be funny to point out as a few of you post photos of the beach. I love on a tropical island and have the beach all the time but I get jealous of your ability to go to Target or the ability to earn gas discounts and points on groceries and gift card purchases. Also in country options of driving to places or the cheap flight prices that can be had.

So the timing of anniversary points vs. Annual Fee is a combination of factors:
  • Your actual anniversary date (the day you opened the card)
  • Your statement closing date
  • The 1st of the month after your actual anniversary date
Some people's anniversary points post into their SW account before the AF is even charged. Others have the Anniv points post on the same statement their AF is on - all based on how these dates fit together. Do you recall what day you opened each of those cards? I assume both were in December. I would think that your anniversary points should post on both cards on your next statement AND that you should be able to avoid the AFs by taking the necessary cancel/PC steps at that time.
I'll have to check my spreadsheet at home for exact dates. I do know the Plus was opened on Dec 30 and I didn't quite make it 30 days between apps. Business was probably Dec 2 or 3. Just looked at my statements (all 2 of them in 2019!). Looks like business closes on the 9th. So hopefully will get the points next week and will be able close. Plus closes on the 22nd. So as you thought, I think it will all happen on next statements and be fine. Thanks, Southwest expert!

I thought it would be fun for Dh and I to stay onsite sometime during Festival of the arts because we never stay onsite and I want to get some pregnancy pictures taken. I looked at like 4 different weekends and the prices are ridiculous. There’s no way I can convince him. I guess we’re stuck with staying offsite or only going for the day

I thought it would be fun for Dh and I to stay onsite sometime during Festival of the arts because we never stay onsite and I want to get some pregnancy pictures taken. I looked at like 4 different weekends and the prices are ridiculous. There’s no way I can convince him. I guess we’re stuck with staying offsite or only going for the day
Are there even any values or mods available?

Wondered if anyone had any info on car rentals. I used my Reserve to rent a car (from enterprise) for a trip we're taking next week. My car is acting funny and DH isn't coming along so he was more comfortable with a rental. I have never rented a car before. I used my CSR points. What can I expect when picking up extra fees wise? I was thinking they like to get you to add on insurance? Is that something I'll need/want?

Any pointers appreciated!

DH and I are going for an adults trip in February, on DVC Points though. I scored a value studio for 4 nights with our AKL points a while back. You've may have already checked, but what about S&D? Or those priceline express deals. I've never done one, but alot of people have good luck getting a value or S&D with those... Good luck!

I feel bad. This is me. I always solve it really fast too. I try to drag out my accusations for the kid’s sake but they know I’m going to win :crazy2:

My daughter almost always guesses first but she usually doesn't know for sure -- she's good at figuring out what cards other people have based on what they show other people and their guesses, but about 25% of the time her deductions are off.

Wondered if anyone had any info on car rentals. I used my Reserve to rent a car (from enterprise) for a trip we're taking next week. My car is acting funny and DH isn't coming along so he was more comfortable with a rental. I have never rented a car before. I used my CSR points. What can I expect when picking up extra fees wise? I was thinking they like to get you to add on insurance? Is that something I'll need/want?

Any pointers appreciated!
I've rented 2 cars with my CSR points. No extra fees. I decline the insurance since my personal coverage will kick in and the CSR has rental insurance coverage. hey may try to upsell you to a bigger car category. Stick to what you reserved and you should be fine. Depending on the car you get, I usually have luck and get one with navigation either within the car or I use apple car play and use my phone's navigation. You'll need your driver's license and the credit card (both in your name). T

Have fun!

My daughter almost always guesses first but she usually doesn't know for sure -- she's good at figuring out what cards other people have based on what they show other people and their guesses, but about 25% of the time her deductions are off.
Her strategy sounds similar to mine. I pay super close attention to others guesses and use those as well. I never really guess wrong either. My dd19 thought I finally got it wrong on NYE but once we pulled the cards out, I told her to ‘read it and weep’ :rotfl2:In the most loving way, of course!

Very few and they are more than I feel comfortable spending. I only checked Disney’s website and undercover tourist so maybe I need to look elsewhere.
I was just curious cause it seems anytime I’m looking for more short notice (within 60 days), I find hardly any values or mods. Especially on weekends. I have also not seen nearly as many PLE deals as before

DH and I are going for an adults trip in February, on DVC Points though. I scored a value studio for 4 nights with our AKL points a while back. You've may have already checked, but what about S&D? Or those priceline express deals. I've never done one, but alot of people have good luck getting a value or S&D with those... Good luck!
I didn’t check swan or dolphin so I’ll have to look at those. I was only looking on Disney’s website and undercover tourist. It was late last night so I didn’t look hard but I couldn’t believe some of the prices. I’ve never done one of the Priceline express deals either. It’s an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter