I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To lighten things up, I have some confessions to make:
I haven't put makeup on in 14 days
I've been switching back and forth between black joggers and black leggings (don't want to get in a rut:)
My hair dryer hasn't been plugged in in two weeks
I'm watching the news while I work (it's sort of helpful for my job)
My dog and I are growing more codependent by the day
Um, this sounds awfully similar to my normal everyday existence, minus the news watching and the addition of gray and blue sweats. 🤣

Some credit card related news....... decided to get DS19 on the credit card bandwagon as he is home from Uni - approved for Discover after a brief online chat session.. :thumbsup2

Now.....how long until he can start going for the CIP??
This is only my dd’s experience but I’d wait 2-3 mos and go for a CF or CFU and then 3 mos after, go for a CIP.

My understanding is that it is not just about lost income, but to stimulate the economy and get people spending money, so I'm guessing that is why? I could certainly be wrong though lol.

Well my DDs can’t hold onto money. They would def help stimulate the economy if they got it. Lol Well one DD is much better at saving and one is very much about spreading her money around. Lol.

My understanding is that it is not just about lost income, but to stimulate the economy and get people spending money, so I'm guessing that is why? I could certainly be wrong though lol.
This is my understanding as well. And I can tell you that my 92yo grandma will get her check and stick it in the bank. Whereas my dd’s would certainly be happy to stimulate the economy with theirs 🤣

All you newly at home people are just joining my world LOL.
My day, TV on all day, black fleece lined workout pants (in the winter, regular in the summer), the most hideous thick fleece jacket (again in the winter), and slippers. Dogs know they get ignored most of the day LOL. The one gets very excited when my dd comes out of her makeshift office for bathroom/coffee/lunch, then realizes she is going back in, and he gets sad again.

This is my understanding as well. And I can tell you that my 92yo grandma will get her check and stick it in the bank. Whereas my dd’s would certainly be happy to stimulate the economy with theirs 🤣

It's to help stimulate, I think thr unemployment changes to increase $ and include gig workers etc is more for the help. Mom's debating between a new window and using for vacation which really it could do both I'd imagine. Mine will mostly go to vacation, hopefully DC and then whatever comes after it. Though I'm sure at least one massage will come out of it too but that's going to get done once I can anyway. Going to make my appt for may 2 when I'm at the chiropractor monday and hope it happens.

Looks like SW has done some adjustments to their schedules as we had anticipated. Only one of my speculative flights was effected. They are giving a generous 60 day rebooking window. My flight that was changed is on May 1. I'm hoping 60 days will take us well into safer times. (I can hope, right?!?!)
My flights are a mess. I still haven't done anything with my 5/1 and 5/4 flights that have CPs, we are not taking the trip.

I see the 5/1 flights are no longer on the schedule. The next trip is more than 60 days out. I think I just cancel these. Even though my May flight is booked at a lower RR than July, to move them now would cost me more unless I can finagle dates somehow. Do we know the change dates for this 60 day window? Could I bump the flight to mid-May, then change it to July?

Three of five flights for 5/4 have EBCI (free after Gold airline credit). Again, next trip more than 60 days out. When I looked at moving these to July previously, it was going to cost more than the flights I currently have booked for July. The only advantage would have been/is keeping EBCI, but I will no longer have A-list (the reason for getting EBCI) at the point so I would want to get EBCI for me and DS1. I don't think I want to pay more RR just to keep the EBCI that didn't cost me anything in the first place. Since 2 are CPs I would need to call in. I don't think I want to call in and move these to mid-May, then to July if that is even possible.

Then there is the July trip in itself. Well, I guess 4 of us are going no matter what, but we will likely extend the vacation in one direction or the other and that depends on DS1 and we don't have a clue what's going on there.

Everything I try to do on SW site is asking for a browser reload. Hitting refresh I have to start over, hitting F5 keeps me where I was, but I have to do it multiple times before I can proceed. This is a cluster and the source of much of my stress lately.

Has anyone heard anything about Hyatt extending free night certs? I was supposed to be in Miami Beach right now using mine up. I don't see any way that we would use it before it expires in early May. I haven't seen any mention of Hyatt's policy on this. This one was only 6 month cert from staying 30 nights last year.

I’m confused why the people on social security get it. They are not out any income at all! 🤷🏻‍♀️ And most don’t pay taxes anymore either.
I agree but my MIL is on such a tight fixed income it will benefit her anyway. There is no perfect solution. My sons are both still working full time at essential businesses but they will both qualify. My situation is complicated. We won't qualify because I'm a part (1/10)owner of a family business. Our AGI turns out to look way higher than what we actually earn because of that. . Both my DH and I are looking at loss of income from our jobs, but we won't get anything from the stimulus.

Had an award flight to London on AA booked for next month - I had been dreading calling to cancel as I had heard mixed reports of AA refusing to redeposit miles without the $150 fee. Anyway - decided to send my first ever Twitter DM today - and to my surprise, AA responded in 40 mins - all taken care of, booking canceled, miles redeposited, no additional fee.

In other news - just completed MSR on Delta Plat Biz - so now without a MSR for a while. Plan to sit tight for a couple months and give some love to existing cards - next up will probably be a CSP in late May.
I cancelled our award flights to NYC on Saturday. It clearly said that my points wouldn't be lost. I followed up with an email but my points still have not been returned to my account. I just dusted off my Twitter account - I made if for a Marriott? Hilton? Hyatt? promotion a few years ago. Does sending them a DM just mean clicking on the little envelope on the American Airlines page?

I cancelled our Easter camping trip and moved it to mid-August. One very good outcome is that the cost is 50% less than it would have been in April. My deposit covers almost half my trip now! I hope the kids don't grow too much - I had t-shirts made on etsy since it's the first trip there for most of them.

I'm struggling with what to do with the money I'll get for my kids. I've always gotten to claim them on my taxes. That was pretty much the only thing in our settlement agreement I insisted on. We don't really have a formal arrangement for how we handle finances (well we do but we don't follow it--I was supposed to get monthly support). My ex pays for health and dental insurance, we try to split medical bills, tutoring, art class, etc. I was paying for swimming but dd quit that. I do pay her car insurance and provide her with a car (and plan to do the same for ds). I feel like I should give my ex at least half of what I get for the kids though since I already got a $4,000 credit for them when I filed my taxes.

My sister sent me a funny text about how her new pasta maker came in a box marked "Candy" on every side. So I guess someone is still stimulating the economy.

This reminded me that I have a kitchen aid pasta maker I haven't used in probably 15 years. So dd and I are making homemade pasta tonight. Yay!

I cancelled our award flights to NYC on Saturday. It clearly said that my points wouldn't be lost. I followed up with an email but my points still have not been returned to my account. I just dusted off my Twitter account - I made if for a Marriott? Hilton? Hyatt? promotion a few years ago. Does sending them a DM just mean clicking on the little envelope on the American Airlines page?

I clicked on the envelope in the Twitter App at the bottom of the screen, then the other envelope for 'new message' and entered @AmericanAir to compose my message.

As an aside, I also saw the option to cancel on the AA website - with the same message that my miles would be safe - but it wasn't clear if they would redeposit my miles or hold them for a future booking (which doesn't make sense on a miles booking) - but I had seen conflicting accounts online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter