I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like SW has done some adjustments to their schedules as we had anticipated. Only one of my speculative flights was effected. They are giving a generous 60 day rebooking window. My flight that was changed is on May 1. I'm hoping 60 days will take us well into safer times. (I can hope, right?!?!)
I see nothing wrong with maintaining hope :)

does anyone have any insight on how the Stimulus would affect people who havent filed taxes for years? My parents just live off IRA‘s and SS but not enough to be taxable.

2018 was the last year I worked. Actually only physically worked one month. I filed a tax return. I'm living off my pensions which don't exceed the 75K, and haven't drawn anything so far out of my retirement accounts. I haven't filed 2019 yet as I owe, and expected to put it in the mail on April 15 or whenever the deadline was. I 'think' I'm eligible for the stimulus. I 'think' I'm not required to actually take disbursements from my retirement accounts until age 70.

In your parents' situation, I would probably still be filing every year. I think and that's just my guess and opinion that to get this stimulus you must have filed 2018 (or will file 2019). How else would they know to send them a check?

Big time edit!
I am happy we have @havaneselover on here -
"Yes. The proposed bill includes language that allows Americans receiving Social Security—many of whom are retired and don’t file taxes—to obtain direct financial assistance through the coronavirus stimulus package. In such cases, the government would access their data through the Social Security Administration to determine their rebate.'

Last edited:

To lighten things up, I have some confessions to make:
I haven't put makeup on in 14 days
I've been switching back and forth between black joggers and black leggings (don't want to get in a rut:)
My hair dryer hasn't been plugged in in two weeks
I'm watching the news while I work (it's sort of helpful for my job)
My dog and I are growing more codependent by the day

Same except leggings and yoga pants but I'm short a pair so I have to do jeans one day for at least part of it before moving to pjs 😊

I am still using the hair dryer to finish dryer my hair but that's because it's cold and it needs to be dry before bed.

Tried to start teaching Dude how to do my job yesterday but he wasn't interested. So today he's gone back to bed with my mom while I have our monthly dept meeting.

I'm trying not to eat so many peanut butter m&ms but I'm failing spectacularly. However I think the stress and my burning tongue issue that gets triggered by stress, must burn calories because when I finally got the nerve to weigh myself I was fine so I guess there's that.

Oh and genealogy, my mom's diving in to the two lines I realized we hadn't looked at at has tracked one back to like 1692 in NY and I have a Knickerbocker last name back there, a Dorcas! and a Sylvester that might be Sylvestus. And one way back that's Joel which I thought was interesting cause I always thought of it as more modern name. The only bummer is the guy that may have been in thr Rev war is John Simons, so bit common which makes it harder to know if the one we found is him in the roll.

I had read on CNN that they will go off 2019 returns if they have already been filed. If not, it will go off 2018.

I hate myself a little for already filing. I did it before the announcement that it could be extended. And I owed money! We temporarily made too much last year (because of DH getting a severance package), way more than any other year of our lives. So we will get nothing with this package.

2018 was the last year I worked. Actually only physically worked one month. I filed a tax return. I'm living off my pensions which don't exceed the 75K, and haven't drawn anything so far out of my retirement accounts. I haven't filed 2019 yet as I owe, and expected to put it in the mail on April 15 or whenever the deadline was. I 'think' I'm eligible for the stimulus. I 'think' I'm not required to actually take disbursements from my retirement accounts until age 70.

In your parents' situation, I would probably still be filing every year. I think and that's just my guess and opinion that to get this stimulus you must have filed 2018 (or will file 2019). How else would they know to send them a check?

It's 70 or 70 1/2 because mom wasn't at first. She puts some of it back in to something else because she has ss, retirement from my stepdad cause he set it up with survivor payments and then the money she has to take from her ira or whatever it is that forces it. But she doesn't take much it's a bit over what's required for the amount she has in it or something. But she does do her taxes each year cause she has them taken out of what she gets so she gets a small refund each year.

Trying to apply for a CIP this morning, and when I click "submit" it gives me a "verifying your information" popup and then it disappears before I can read anything else and nothing happens. Any idea what's going on?

I 'think' I'm not required to actually take disbursements from my retirement accounts until age 70.
It's 70 or 70 1/2 because mom wasn't at first. She puts some of it back in to something else because she has ss, retirement from my stepdad cause he set it up with survivor payments and then the money she has to take from her ira or whatever it is that forces it. But she doesn't take much it's a bit over what's required for the amount she has in it or something. But she does do her taxes each year cause she has them taken out of what she gets so she gets a small refund each year.

The recently passed SECURE act moved the age of required RMDs to 72 for those of us who haven't hit 70 yet. (Can't remember the exact age wording for those who are 70 already or close to it) This did not affect people who have already been required to take them as they had hit 70.5.

I have nothing taken out of my second pension, but since they take too much out of my first one, I end up owing just a few hundred.

And, it never occurred to me that people wouldn't have to file who were on retirement income. I just had 'you have to file' burnt into my brain. Living the retired life has so many new nuances for me with regard to money. But then I'm not a financial guru/expert and really don't care about it that much (that would certainly change if I didn't have enough, I guess).

To lighten things up, I have some confessions to make:
I haven't put makeup on in 14 days
I've been switching back and forth between black joggers and black leggings (don't want to get in a rut:)
My hair dryer hasn't been plugged in in two weeks
I'm watching the news while I work (it's sort of helpful for my job)
My dog and I are growing more codependent by the day

This social distancing thing has been great for my dogs. They're getting lots of attention, everyone is home, and they're going on lots of walks. I don't know how they'll cope when life goes back to normal. :D

The recently passed SECURE act moved the age of required RMDs to 72 for those of us who haven't hit 70 yet. (Can't remember the exact age wording for those who are 70 already or close to it) This did not affect people who have already been required to take them as they had hit 70.5.

I'm 67 (if I remember correctly) so that's good news for me, I guess. Thanks!

My DH barely made it to the room since he went to park the car and I had DS in 8 minutes. So I had to rely on the nurses for my first and only Although besides holding my hand, I don’t think there is much DH could have done since it was really the medical team giving instructions. It all seems like a blur 13 years later.

Beat you by a minute! Seven minutes after I walked into the emergency department. My first was an induction, so I thought I just had a stomach ache with number two, because it never became as painful as the induction had been. By the time I realized that maybe this was it, i was ready to push. It was all a blur. I only remember them hustling me up to delivery and literally pulling my clothes off of me. Easy peasey.

Trying to apply for a CIP this morning, and when I click "submit" it gives me a "verifying your information" popup and then it disappears before I can read anything else and nothing happens. Any idea what's going on?
OK So I clicked submit again (probably shouldn't have but OH WELL TOO LATE NOW!) and took a pic of the screen with my phone for the half a second the popup showed. :rotfl:

It says "verifying your information. Thank you. We're processing your request and may need more information from you. We appreciate your patience. Please don't click "refresh" or the "back" arrow in your browser window or your request will be lost."

But the whole application screen is still there? I exited the screen. Does this mean they're going to ask for paperwork verifying the listed business information? Ugh.

ALSO. I'm considering making a "backup" reservation in case we cancel our Memorial Day weekend trip, so we have SOMETHING and can just apply whatever promo disney is running when they release it for those dates. Any opinions on beginning of October vs beginning of November?

She has this kind, and understanding look with her mouth closed and head slightly tilted as if she's listening to your problems! Like a therapist.
She is an incredible dog. She seriously got me through my divorce. When I was down, she knew it and was right by my side. Even at 13 she's slightly nuts but we can't imagine not having her:)

Big time edit!
I am happy we have @havaneselover on here -
"Yes. The proposed bill includes language that allows Americans receiving Social Security—many of whom are retired and don’t file taxes—to obtain direct financial assistance through the coronavirus stimulus package. In such cases, the government would access their data through the Social Security Administration to determine their rebate.'
Yes, my agency will be very busy for a couple of weeks! It’s go time!

OK So I clicked submit again (probably shouldn't have but OH WELL TOO LATE NOW!) and took a pic of the screen with my phone for the half a second the popup showed. :rotfl:

It says "verifying your information. Thank you. We're processing your request and may need more information from you. We appreciate your patience. Please don't click "refresh" or the "back" arrow in your browser window or your request will be lost."

But the whole application screen is still there? I exited the screen. Does this mean they're going to ask for paperwork verifying the listed business information? Ugh.

ALSO. I'm considering making a "backup" reservation in case we cancel our Memorial Day weekend trip, so we have SOMETHING and can just apply whatever promo disney is running when they release it for those dates. Any opinions on beginning of October vs beginning of November?
I swear this happened when I applied for my employer (a legitimate business). I tried to put the application through a few times and I think it did what you're describing. A month or so later I tried and it worked fine. No clue what happened.

One more question on the Stimulus Bill - DH and I have not filed our 2019 taxes yet. Two of our three dependents are not minors, but are still dependents on our return. So, will they still qualify for the extra money for dependents?

I have filed DD1's 2019 taxes and done ours far enough to see that we as a family unit are better off for DH and I to claim her one more year. She graduated in May 2019, but didn't start her job until late enough in the year to where her earnings weren't substantial. If she would qualify for the $1200 claiming herself, it might be worthwhile to amend her 2019 return and have us not claim her. I don't want to get too complicated though and have it end up costing us more than it saves us lol! That would be my luck!
I was wondering about all of that too. We are claiming DD19 for 2019 and I already filed her return. But if she doesn't get the $500 (or we don't get it for her rather) seems like she should get the $1200. Surely they wouldn't leave out this entire age group of kids...then again it is government.
She lost her job when the DCPs were sent home and she has an apartment and bills to pay like any other adult. If we get the $500 for her we will give it to her towards her bills. Hopefully she gets the $1200. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts