I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get DD's taxes filed last night, to have her not a dependent. So hopefully that will work and she will get the $1200. She works full time, lives at home, but is not a student anymore so no longer a dependent for us on tax returns.
I have not filed yet, because we are getting hosed and I owe a ton! Hopefully that won't hurt her, since our 18 did show her as a dependent. People ask what will you do with your $$? I will use it toward my dumb tax bill LOL.

There’s a big petition about allowing partners in for labor and delivery during this time. I’m not going to post the link but it’s easy enough to find by doing a google search if anyone is interested in signing it. I’m not sure how much good it will do but my doctor was actually the one that mentioned it at my appointment this morning. I can’t imagine being in the room by myself with the anxiety I have that causes me to faint/get light headed.
Wait, can you elaborate? We are allowing one support person for the entire stay plus a doula if they have hired one. Is your hospital not? Our women's services line has a different set of rules from the main hospital. The main hospital is not allowing any visitors.

OK So I clicked submit again (probably shouldn't have but OH WELL TOO LATE NOW!) and took a pic of the screen with my phone for the half a second the popup showed. :rotfl:

It says "verifying your information. Thank you. We're processing your request and may need more information from you. We appreciate your patience. Please don't click "refresh" or the "back" arrow in your browser window or your request will be lost."

But the whole application screen is still there? I exited the screen. Does this mean they're going to ask for paperwork verifying the listed business information? Ugh.

ALSO. I'm considering making a "backup" reservation in case we cancel our Memorial Day weekend trip, so we have SOMETHING and can just apply whatever promo disney is running when they release it for those dates. Any opinions on beginning of October vs beginning of November?
Beg of Nov is F&W marathon and Jersey Week. And don’t count on getting a promo rate, remember you can only get it if there is availability for the room you’ve booked on your dates at the discount rate released by Disney.

Last edited:
I suspected it was highly likely my kids were out of school for the year but hearing it was seriously disappointing. Mainly concerned about DS and algebra. I may have eaten a lot of peanut butter cups after I heard the announcement. I can't imagine how I'm going to keep him busy for 5.5 months and I'm guessing summer jobs will be hard to come by. DD can lifeguard if the pool opens but she doesn't want to (she was having nightmares last year about kids drowning). I'm getting ahead of myself.

Still struggling with August Alaska cruise. I think DCL will have to cancel but I'm better off if they cancel than if I do. But I also feel like I want to take control of something!
I use khan for our main curriculum (minus the boring videos- I teach and we use the practice questions, quizzes, tests) and supplement with math antics for reinforcement. Also, I use easy peasy homeschool for some other subjects but they offer math as well.

So to answer some questions about which tax year will be used this is what was stated in the article @striker1064 posted.

No, they are not taxable. The only catch is that technically a person’s 2020 income is what qualifies them for the payment. Since no one knows their total 2020 income yet, the government is using tax returns from 2019 and 2018 to figure out who qualifies for a check. It is possible that someone may have to pay back some of the money if his or her income this year turns out to be significantly more than it was in 2019 or 2018. That’s expected to be a relatively small share of people, and the money would not have to be paid back until April 15, 2021.

And also The main people excluded from receiving a payment are the wealthy, “nonresident aliens” (i.e., foreigners who do not hold a green card) and “dependents” who can be claimed on someone else’s tax return.

I am thinking that means our college age kiddos will get the $500 if we qualify and nothing if we don't. But I am still not 100% sure. If we do get it for them I will give to them. They are both missing out on income right now.

ETA - Nope, changing my mind on that. Another article says For every child age 16 or under, the payment would be an additional $500.

Last edited:
I was wondering about all of that too. We are claiming DD19 for 2019 and I already filed her return. But if she doesn't get the $500 (or we don't get it for her rather) seems like she should get the $1200. Surely they wouldn't leave out this entire age group of kids...then again it is government.
She lost her job when the DCPs were sent home and she has an apartment and bills to pay like any other adult. If we get the $500 for her we will give it to her towards her bills. Hopefully she gets the $1200. Who knows.
I was trying to read and figure that out last night. I have 2 that seem to fall into this void. Still claimed on our taxes so not eligible for the $1200 but over 16yo’s so not a ‘child’. I don’t get why they’d be left out.

A couple of actual cc points today...

I went under 5/24 March 23, unfroze my credit at 8 am March 24, applied for CIP 10 am March 24. Checked online Chase account at noon-nothing, then a shiny CIP showed on my online account around 8 pm. Whoo hoo!

I also called Amex retention (on hold approx 15 min) for my beloved rose gold card and received offer of either $150 for statement credit or 20kMRs for $3K spend in 3 months. I took the MRs (I know cash is about to be king but old habits die hard!) and with our 2019 tax bill of $7K figure I can knock out the CIP MSR, finish off DH's Amex Reserve MSR and put a bit toward my rose gold retention offer.

All in all, a good couple of days for CC in my house.

Wait, can you elaborate? We are allowing one support person for the entire stay plus a doula if they have hired one. Is your hospital not? Our women's services line has a different set of rules from the main hospital. The main hospital is not allowing any visitors.
My hospital is currently only allowing one support person which I’m fine with. Having at least one person seems crucial to me whether it be a partner, family member, or doula. So in this case you would have to pick between your partner or a doula but can’t have both (I don’t have a doula). There are two big hospital chains in NY saying absolutely no one in the delivery room, including partners. They are privately owned hospitals. I saw that it was announced that all public hospitals there will allow at least one support person. The petition has very close to 500k people now that have signed it

ETA - Nope, changing my mind on that. Another article says For every child age 16 or under, the payment would be an additional $500.
I thought they’d get the $500 too until I started seeing the age 16 and under popping up in articles. Doesn’t the government understand that this is when kids are most expensive for parents or the kids are taking on many new, adult expenses of their own and they could use the money?!?

I went under 5/24 March 23, unfroze my credit at 8 am March 24, applied for CIP 10 am March 24. Checked online Chase account at noon-nothing, then a shiny CIP showed on my online account around 8 pm. Whoo hoo!

I also called Amex retention (on hold approx 15 min) for my beloved rose gold card and received offer of either $150 for statement credit or 20kMRs for $3K spend in 3 months. I took the MRs (I know cash is about to be king but old habits die hard!) and with our 2019 tax bill of $7K figure I can knock out the CIP MSR, finish off DH's Amex Reserve MSR and put a bit toward my rose gold retention offer.

I'd say that's a good couple of days!! Congrats :woohoo:

I thought they’d get the $500 too until I started seeing the age 16 and under popping up in articles. Doesn’t the government understand that this is when kids are most expensive for parents or the kids are taking on many new, adult expenses of their own and they could use the money?!?

Nope, apparently they don't! I probably will give both of mine a portion. We are not actually losing any income at this time since DH is teleworking, but they both are losing out on school jobs and who knows what summer will bring. They are both trying to apply for summer interns still, but not sure anyone will actually be hiring them at this point.

It does seem a little unfair to them. On the other hand, my DD doesn't end up paying any taxes on her income. Maybe somehow that explains why they won't get anything.

I took the MR's also while hoping that I find another gift card deal at 20% off the cost. Haven't seen one yet, but I have time. I only got 10K, but it was enough as I didn't want to give up the card.

Arguing with sharepoint this morning, which really isn't anything new just more often. So here's Dude enjoying that he gets to lay in front of the heater way more than normal. But also irritated I distrubed his carpet licking. Tried and tried to break the habit and never could. Prob anxiety or ocd but he doesn't do it all the time. :confused3 20200326_092022.jpg

Nope, apparently they don't! I probably will give both of mine a portion. We are not actually losing any income at this time since DH is teleworking, but they both are losing out on school jobs and who knows what summer will bring. They are both trying to apply for summer interns still, but not sure anyone will actually be hiring them at this point.
Not sure what dd19 is going to do either. No school or work, atm, and she’s holding out hope dcp is going to call them back but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter