I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooooookayyyyyyy, I asked this quite a while back on the old thread but didn't write everything down :blush:

What ideas should I be exploring to get to London/Paris... I've got 700kish URs currently, DH: 130k MRs + 40k to come, Me: 80k URs + 75k to come

I am belatedly looking for later this year so I'm not expecting fancy flights necessarily.

You might look at Virgin Atlantic. You can book Delta metal flights through Virgin using VS points. If you can find non stop cities you can get RT Delta One seats for 50k Virgin points for each leg. On Saturday I transferred over 300k UR to VS points via the chase portal and booked 3 RT IND-CDG Delta One seats for late July/early August so award availability is out there. We are doing 10 day trip split between London/Edinburgh/Paris.

Where are you flying out of?

It’s Disney day! At long long last, we are headed to the most magical place on earth! Thanks everyone for your help getting us here :D
Same!

I don't remember who asked, but Star Wars is not on SW movie list. Live action Aladdin is (loved that) and Toy Story 4 (we've not yet seen for some reason). There's quite a bit to choose from actually.

For those that have the Amex offer with Amazon-
Anyone just getting a retail GC to flip to a Disney GC? If yes best bet for stores that don’t care?
Everything that could possibly flip to Disney is YMMV. Usually your best bet is to find something you can use and then just reallocate those funds to a Disney card, since you might end up that way anyway if your store sucks. I recall Safeway and BBB, but I'd try for something like a Happy Card if you can.

@disfanforlife they have lowes gift cards and happy lady (BB&B) gift cards. Idk if anyone has been successful using thoss to then buy disney GC at those stores though!
Lowes has not worked for me. I think the registers are hard-coded. Some folks on the giftcard thread have used the happy lady at BB&B but with mixed results. Evidently it depends on the cashier. My local BB&B doesn't have Disney cards.

You might look at Virgin Atlantic. You can book Delta metal flights through Virgin using VS points. If you can find non stop cities you can get RT Delta One seats for 50k Virgin points for each leg. On Saturday I transferred over 300k UR to VS points via the chase portal and booked 3 RT IND-CDG Delta One seats for late July/early August so award availability is out there. We are doing 10 day trip split between London/Edinburgh/Paris.

Where are you flying out of?
Denver.

Thank you!

Hotels.com GC merge is kind of working again? Seems you can check the balance on one and then add up to 4 additional cards to it. Only issue is once you've merged once you can't merge again online and have to call. But at least you could cut down on how many to do on the phone...

Any recommendations for NYC hotel pre cruise for a few nights, preferably not in Times Square? This would be in mid October. I see Marriott Marquis on our hotel review thread but seems like that's in TS. We did Intercontinental TS and it was fine but staff was a bit rude and I'd love to see a new area of the city. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter