I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did residence inn midtown east and it was nice.
If you're looking for something really away from Times Square and have Hilton points, check out the Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca. There's also the Hilton Garden Inn New York Central Park South-Midtown West that's great, but still kind of close to TS.

IHG points, my favorite is Intercontinental Barclay but that's still pretty close to TS. A few years ago, we did stay a few nights at the Holiday Inn Express Lower East Side. Very small rooms, but a super cool area on Delancy Street. Close to some really iconic places like Katz's Deli.

Marriott... This is tougher because they've raised the points cost of everything, but the aforementioned Marriott East Side is good. There's also the Courtyard SoHo for, again, something really different.

Wyndham points? TRYP Times Square South. Name is misleading, is actually on W 35th near Penn Station. Too close to TS? Try the Wyndham Garden Chinatown in the Bowery.

Thank you!!! I'll be looking into these for sure. It's not that we hate TS but it's more that I'd like to experience a different area that's a little less flashy/touristy.

The end does help and is one of the reasons I want to read the book again because I can't remember if that's how it ended, unless someone can tell me it did or didn't :)

I do agree that it's a movie you have to be in the right frame of mind for, be willing and ok to be sad and potentially cry unless you are just cold hearted and hate dogs. Most of the time I just don't watch these type of movies. Never seen Marley and Me, won't watch A Dog's Purpose and I think there's another recent one that I won't watch.
I read Marley and me and cried through the last half of it anticipating the end.

Lowes has not worked for me. I think the registers are hard-coded. Some folks on the giftcard thread have used the happy lady at BB&B but with mixed results. Evidently it depends on the cashier. My local BB&B doesn't have Disney cards.
I was wondering if it was just the Lowe’s GC or if if it might work there with the happy gift cards because I do have a couple them too that I got awhile ago.

It will reset your position in EBCI though. So if you booked initially on 12/09/19 and then more on 1/19/20 your position is based on 01/19 and not 12/09.
Thanks. I was thinking it might. I ended up just changing two of the flights and leaving five with the EBCI that were purchased together on the release day. That way if my sister ends up with a much further back boarding number, most of us will be on-board and can save undesirable middle seats between 2 kids for just a short while.
We are going MA April vacation week so the flights were super high initially, just changing 2 of them gave me a nice stash of points back! I'm happy with that.
Thank you all for your help!!!

I was wondering if it was just the Lowe’s GC or if if it might work there with the happy gift cards because I do have a couple them too that I got awhile ago.
Happy Holidays with Lowe's was working since they are run as a credit card. Lowe's GCs themselves still seem to be hard coded not to work.
The Happy Cards line has language on it that it's not valid for GC purchases but there's no way to technically block it yet. Would just be if you got a cashier that read the card and decided to decline the transaction.

Happy Holidays with Lowe's was working since they are run as a credit card. Lowe's GCs themselves still seem to be hard coded not to work.
The Happy Cards line has language on it that it's not valid for GC purchases but there's no way to technically block it yet. Would just be if you got a cashier that read the card and decided to decline the transaction.
Thanks, I’ll give it a try. 😊

So, we watched both "Mean Girls" and "16 Candles" last night. My husband remembered 16 Candles fondly (I had never seen it, which is shocking for someone my age (46) but I have never seen any of the Brat Pack movies except Mannequin) and boy were we both shocked at some of the content (none of which he recalled... oops.. thankfully the boys weren't home this weekend). I was also shocked by how incredibly terrible some of the storyline was. I also can't believe that move is getting close to 40 years old (it came out in 1984). Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall were apparently both only 15 years old when they filmed that.

I did enjoy Mean Girls far better, and now I get the gifs! Thanks @PolyRob and @SouthFayetteFan for "suggesting" it!

So, we watched both "Mean Girls" and "16 Candles" last night. My husband remembered 16 Candles fondly (I had never seen it, which is shocking for someone my age (46) but I have never seen any of the Brat Pack movies except Mannequin) and boy were we both shocked at some of the content (none of which he recalled... oops.. thankfully the boys weren't home this weekend). I was also shocked by how incredibly terrible some of the storyline was. I also can't believe that move is getting close to 40 years old (it came out in 1984). Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall were apparently both only 15 years old when they filmed that.

I did enjoy Mean Girls far better, and now I get the gifs! Thanks @PolyRob and @SouthFayetteFan for "suggesting" it!

16 Candles is my favorite movie. I can see some of it not standing up to time well but I also try not to put older movies into today's context just as I don't with historic stuff. There's so many things we wouldn't be able to watch, read or listen to if we put them up against today's standards (not arguing about those standards just that they're there).

The age's of the two of them also don't surprise me, especially given she turns 16 in the movie. I think it's less normal now seeing teens actually played by actors under 18 simply because the labor laws and the number of hours they can work per day have changed so I'm sure it's much easier to get actors that are 18 or older to play younger so you don't have to limit shooting hours.

I didn’t see mean girls until Dh and I started dating. It’s pretty funny! I’ve never seen sixteen candles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!