I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been trying to get a palo brunch but I haven’t been successful yet. I’ll try when we get onboard on embarkation day

Don't stress if you can't get it. Dinner is actually really nice, too, but really not necessary. We've been booking longer cruises lately, so don't mind missing one dinner in the MDR. I doubt I'll get brunch on our next cruise since we are only Silver and these cruises tend to have tons of platinum and gold people on board (and lots of adults without kids), and I'll be fine if I can't get brunch.

Well, moderate by Disney standards. We like Via Napoli (we will share a pizza and that really great salad that you can order with it), Rose and Crown, SciFi, GFCafe, Plaza, Yak'n'Yeti, Beaches & Cream and some others I can't remember. DD and I tend to either share an entree or order something like a soup and/or salad (not to save money so much as just to deal with the portion sizes). That's just what comes to mind at the moment.

None of these count as 2 TS if you're on the dining plan (which we never are). Not cheap, but not in the Yachtsman/Cali Grill price range either. I'm not opposed to the more expensive places every now and then, but I don't go to WDW for the food and I just don't care enough about it to book fancy dinners. We do like Jiko, though, and will eat there when we stay at AKL.

What are your favorites?
I also love a lot of those TS restaurants. Solid choices that I repeat all the time!!!

Well, moderate by Disney standards. We like Via Napoli (we will share a pizza and that really great salad that you can order with it), Rose and Crown, SciFi, GFCafe, Plaza, Yak'n'Yeti, Beaches & Cream and some others I can't remember. DD and I tend to either share an entree or order something like a soup and/or salad (not to save money so much as just to deal with the portion sizes). That's just what comes to mind at the moment.

None of these count as 2 TS if you're on the dining plan (which we never are). Not cheap, but not in the Yachtsman/Cali Grill price range either. I'm not opposed to the more expensive places every now and then, but I don't go to WDW for the food and I just don't care enough about it to book fancy dinners. We do like Jiko, though, and will eat there when we stay at AKL.

What are your favorites?
B&C is my cheapest ts fav, then it’s Spice Road Table, LTT, Chefs de France, Y&Y, & the Italian place in DHS (I love the atmosphere but I order spaghetti & meatballs like a 5yo lol). I had forgotten about GF Cafe- I’m always feel short on veggies after a few days at WDW so I’m putting that one back on my list for salad! I should take a look at Rose & Crown and SciFi...

Well tonight was very interesting... instant Barclays approval! Not lets hope I can activate the card and use it when it comes!!!

View attachment 442887
BOOOOOM!!! CONGRATS MY MAN!!!!!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I feel like I channeled my inner @Lain tonight. Remembering you wanted this offer and tagging you when I saw it. Feels pretty awesome to be Lain!!!

Speaking of things work should pay for...

My supervisor asked me if I would be interested in more leadership training classes. Sure, I figure those will always look good wherever I work ;)

Today she tells me she talked to the HR manager and he needs to get the new training budget... and then we can look at where/when. The course they are looking at is 3.5hrs a week for 8 weeks :faint: didnt realize that! It probably wont come up anywyas bc I dont think itd be til next year, but.... I will definitely be like, so you plan to pay me for that time right? :crazy:
Hard nope at my job. Training? Nope. Required continuing Ed? Nope. Additional certifications in your specialty? Nope. Professional memberships? Nope. Now I have to get a Food Handler Certificate, mandated by the state, even though I don’t actually touch the food, and pay for that too. Oh wait, I guess I do touch the food when I am forced to hand out cookies at the Christmas party. :sad2:
I went to Costco tonight and sadly there was no CC table pushing random everyday items as a bonus. It made me sad 😞
I have never ever seen this at the Costco I frequent.
It's ok @Haley R it's cool in the shun corner
Cooler than Pop tarts.
I hear you on Yachtsman. I don't usually worry too much about the meal prices at WDW when we are on vacation, since we don't go often, but that one made me think twice and I haven't ever booked it. I like food, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a meal. I'd rather spend it on something else, probably travel. ;)
I’ve spent hundreds on a meal before but not at Disney. When I spend that much it’s at a 5 star restaurant. There nothing at Disney worth that much to me.
I"m getting ready to go for the SW CP! I'm going to try for a business card first - my question is on the number of business cards that are ok. I currently have 2 Chase Business Cards that I got in January and May of this year.

Am I ok going for another business? I know it's been over the standard 3 months, but is it ok to go for 3 in one year?

Also deciding between the 2 business cards. I think I'm leaning toward the Performance Business because of the additional points as well as some of the other benefits. We don't normally get wifi, but would be kind of fun to have on some of our flights..

Thanks for any thoughts on any of this!
DH got the Performance Biz in July and the Premier Biz in September, and he already had CIC and CIU. If you can manage the MSR, go for both biz. 140,000 points is sweet. Someone here convinced me to do it. ;) No regrets.
I’ve been trying to get a palo brunch but I haven’t been successful yet. I’ll try when we get onboard on embarkation day
Keep trying. I was shocked when I logged in one day and it was finally available.

B&C is my cheapest ts fav, then it’s Spice Road Table, LTT, Chefs de France, Y&Y, & the Italian place in DHS (I love the atmosphere but I order spaghetti & meatballs like a 5yo lol). I had forgotten about GF Cafe- I’m always feel short on veggies after a few days at WDW so I’m putting that one back on my list for salad! I should take a look at Rose & Crown and SciFi...
I also love GF Cafe breakfast!! Biscuits and Madagascar vanilla french toast with the enhancement of fresh strawberries, sugar cookie crumbles, whipped cream, and strawberry sauce 😍 (all bets are off on vacation).

BOOOOOM!!! CONGRATS MY MAN!!!!!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I feel like I channeled my inner @Lain tonight. Remembering you wanted this offer and tagging you when I saw it. Feels pretty awesome to be Lain!!!
Thank you again! It was perfect timing!! That card will pay for itself between the baggage fees saved and annual 5,000 points! Looks like I will pick a new airline for incidentals next year with Amex 😉

I also love GF Cafe breakfast!! Biscuits and Madagascar vanilla french toast with the enhancement of fresh strawberries, sugar cookie crumbles, whipped cream, and strawberry sauce 😍 (all bets are off on vacation).
Wait, what? I have never heard of this. Also never stayed at GF, so maybe that’s why. Sounds delish.
I’m trying to plan a budget for NOLA and DLR next year. DH and I seriously limited ourselves to 5 days in NOLA because we would spend so much money on food there. So many choices...

First time dipping into bank account funding to meet MSR...

Is it as easy as paying off your CC with the deposit on your new account then closing it? Or am I missing something?
Set your cash advance limit to $0 (or as close to it as the bank will allow) so you don't encounter any nasty surprises. I don't care what someone else's experience was even an hour before I try it as things could change at any time. I will never fund a bank account with a CC unless the cash advance limit is at $0.

Speaking of bank bonuses, Aspiration really put me through the wringer. I got the $100 in the end but it was a needlessly long & complicated ordeal with multiple people promising multiple things, and then not delivering. Never again. 💀

Hard nope at my job. Training? Nope. Required continuing Ed? Nope. Additional certifications in your specialty? Nope. Professional memberships? Nope. Now I have to get a Food Handler Certificate, mandated by the state, even though I don’t actually touch the food, and pay for that too. Oh wait, I guess I do touch the food when I am forced to hand out cookies at the Christmas party. :sad2:
I hated getting a food handlers permit. Just the same every year... yeah idk about this usually we do trainings that are like a couple days and done during work hours. I will happily add them to my resume. This, they will have to pay me for my time. I'm not true salary. Hopefully I wont be there by the time this would come up anyways.

Wait, what? I have never heard of this. Also never stayed at GF, so maybe that’s why. Sounds delish.
I’m trying to plan a budget for NOLA and DLR next year. DH and I seriously limited ourselves to 5 days in NOLA because we would spend so much money on food there. So many choices...
Yes, so good! Departure day tradition for me when staying there. They give you warm biscuits with citrus infused butter for the table. I always order the french toast and the enhancements are a newer addition to the menu and I love them!!! There are a few options including oranges, cranberries, and nuts or blueberries, granola, and lemon curd combos. I choose the cookie one 🤣

Krill oil is a known source of omega 3s which are highly beneficial for eye health. I feel like that’s totally different than infusing oregano oil in the air and it’s magically going to cure my kids ear infection.

The krill oil is the only supplement that has ever noticeably worked for me. I actually didn't do any research before taking it (and haven't since, because it has so clearly worked) and decided to take it because the first doctor I went to told me I needed surgery (I did research that, because I distrust doctors whose first and only idea is surgery) and so when the second doctor said that krill oil could help (and some other sensible suggestions), I jumped right in.

That the krill oil has worked has made me less skeptical of other non-traditional/non-FDA approved things (I'm not sure what the right word is). I have tried probiotics and various vitamin supplements in the past but stopped because they didn't seem to be having any effect. I do take calcium chews somewhat regularly because I figure they might be helping even though I really have no way of knowing, plus they can help satisfy a craving for a bite of something sweet.

As for essential oils, I don't think I'd ever use them in the house because of our cats but I could see using them in my office. I have a few scented candles I use and I do think they have a mild mood-altering effect. (But I would never think they could cure an earache--I've had one earache as an adult and it made me understand why kids with earaches bang their heads into things. I was very happy to get steroids and antibiotics.)

I have never ever seen this at the Costco I frequent.

Cooler than Pop tarts.

I’ve spent hundreds on a meal before but not at Disney. When I spend that much it’s at a 5 star restaurant. There nothing at Disney worth that much to me.

DH got the Performance Biz in July and the Premier Biz in September, and he already had CIC and CIU. If you can manage the MSR, go for both biz. 140,000 points is sweet. Someone here convinced me to do it. ;) No regrets.

Keep trying. I was shocked when I logged in one day and it was finally available.
So... how’s the local job market looking? Are there Winds of Change headed your way?

I forgot Spice Road - DH and I had a great lunch there on our last trip. Chefs is good, too. SciFi is just so much fun, so we go there for the atmosphere. DD and I tend to share a burger and fries and she and DH also get a shake. DH orders his own food at WDW since he wants more than half an entree. :rotfl: At many places we'll also share an appetizer and/or a dessert.

Same here. I'm too tired at WDW to really appreciate that kind of a meal.

I've been ignoring all the SW CP stuff since we rarely fly SW, but you got it with 2 biz cards! Now I'm intrigued and need to look for more info on this. I know the timing is critical here, but I don't know more than that. And of course, not great timing since I just took on a CIP MSR last week, but maybe it's possible? Thanks for mentioning it.

It's a really pretty restaurant with yummy items for breakfast and lunch. Kind of a hidden gem since it doesn't get discussed much on the boards.

Plastiq FFDs Update:
A small balance of FFDs I had prior to today is now BACK in my account.

Neither my account nor my wife's account reflects the 2k FFDs right now though... I guess they are working on it but it's obviously not totally fixed yet.

Thanks for the heads up - DH's FFDs are back which is good since he wants to actually use them in the next day or so.

DH is trying to refer me to Plastiq from his account and keeps getting the message "you've already used this referral code" but we haven't and I don't have an account. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter