I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people confuse the flu with the common cold, since sometimes you really can't tell the difference without testing. Last winter (or maybe 2 winters ago???) we all got hit really hard with what felt like the flu, complete with fever and aches. DH took one for the team and let them swab him, and it wasn't the flu. I then refused to let them swab me. :rotfl: But seriously this thing took us all out for over a week, one of us a healthy 20 year old. So not everything that feels like the flu is.

Oh, and we all get the flu shot every year. Healthy people don't often understand how much herd immunity really matters.
I, and a couple of my kids, are ones who get body aches and fever with every 'bad' cold. The 7-10 day colds. I do know the difference between a bad cold and the flu but I really don't think a lot of people do. The one time I had the flu, I didn't get out of bed and barely woke for three days. I lost track of time and was delirious. Very, very different than just a bad cold where I feel awful but I'm not on death's doorstep. But again, I run a fever and get really bad chills/body aches for 24-48 hours with the common cold so it can be hard to tell what is going on. I've had many doctors tell me if I run a fever, it's not a cold. However, I know better.

:offtopic:

Help me peeps!

I think we may have to switch our cruise. Would you do

A: 4 nights/5 days at Disney w/ single park tickets followed by a 4 night cruise on Fantasy

B: 2 nights/3 days at Disney w/ single park tickets (or 2 days but park hoppers) followed by 2 beach days and then a 5 night cruise on Fantasy

C- skip the cruise, 6 nights at a deluxe w/ 6 day PHs

Kids will be 1 and 3. Cost is 100% equal, except C which is cheaper. If you wanna give me a reason thats awesome but if you just wanna vote-

A- like
B- laugh face
C- heart eyes

Last edited:

Help me peeps!

A: 4 nights/5 days at Disney w/ single park tickets followed by a 4 night cruise on Fantasy

B: 2 nights/3 days at Disney w/ single park tickets (or 2 days but park hoppers) followed by 2 beach days and then a 5 night cruise on Fantasy

Kids will be 1 and 3. Cost is 100% equal, except C which is cheaper. If you wanna give me a reason thats awesome but if you just wanna vote-

A- like
B- laugh face
C- heart eyes
Anything but skip a cruise 😱

Help me peeps!

A- like
B- laugh face
C- heart eyes
For me it would depend on what the little ones would be able to handle. (And the parents!) Is a nine day schedule disruption going to be too much? Would staying in one place be better than several different locations? Are your children happy-go-lucky, enjoying new adventures?

If it were me, the one I WOULDN'T pick is B.

Help me peeps!

A- like
B- laugh face
C- heart eyes

B with a 1 and 3 year old sounds insanely stressful!

C sounds good to me except no cruise, which is a bummer. But I can see how having hoppers and staying in a deluxe for longer while also saving money could be appealing.

A seems like a good balance of Disney time and cruise time. You have enough days to see the parks and you also still get to go on your cruise.

Dh and I are going to Epcot on Saturday to eat at Le Cellier for the first time! We’re gonna try using our AP gcs again. We’re both really excited because we normally wouldn’t eat there but our meal will be almost free
It was excellent the last time we went. I got the rib eye, I almost never finish a meal when dining out but I joined the clean plate club that night.

What is the double/triple dip? I opened my CSR 9/2016, I thought that the double dip was just a one time thing when they switch the anniversary.
Referring to the travel credit reset. Mostly relevant on the first year of the card, like AmEx's trip dip of the airline credits. If it's a calendar year reset, and your AF posts near the end of the year, you'd be able to get a 3rd TC before cancelling/PCing on just one AF. When they changed it to anniversary year, no matter when you opened the card you'd only get 2 TC's on one AF.

Got back Monday from my 1st visit to my new FL home. All went well except that Comcast was a failure and AT&T couldn't schedule service either before I left. Switching to AT&T will get me a nice SW pnts bonus. Stopped at DVB to check out the beach post Dorian. I noticed a difference from when we were there in April but not as bad as it could have been. Our 3 bedroom cottage was still standing so that's good! Had a great flight back to Detroit on Delta. Decided that not going back to WDW until Nov 2020 was not acceptable so we booked 2 nights BWV 1 bedroom (surprised it was available) before our DVB trip in March. Happy to see Krogers has 4x on GC since I will be moving up the AP purchase to March. I will be applying for SW today, wish me luck. SW were the only 2 cards that I was not instantly approved on so it makes so nervous :( .

I have heard enough horror stories that I put myself on the waiting list asap. It finally came in, and my insurance won't even cover it, and I still went ahead and got it. I guess I'm old since I can get it at all (but just barely). I have heard of others who got it in their 20s, too.
Our insurance covered it, I just assumed it would like they do for the flu vaccine. My mom had shingles too and it was awful. That’s why I wanted to get it as soon as I could. I am like you old, but just barely. 😎

It works but it has side effects. When I was diagnosed it was too late. But in your case, better in 3 days is reducing it by 48 hours from 5 days. Some people are lucky and only have 5 days of flu especially with the vaccine. I was an unlucky one and had the flu shot that year but also got it somehow when flu season was over (IIRC there hadn’t been any flu diagnosed in almost a month where I work, so who knows how I got it. ) :confused3
Our whole family gets the flu vaccine every year. My son got the flu the last month of college last year, it really stunk for him because he had to miss two days of classes. He got tamiflu and felt better in a couple days, so I guess his case wasn’t as bad due to having the vaccine also.

A little disappointed with checkin this morning. B1 and B7. Not bad but will be after the family boarding which doesn’t worry except when we go to Orlando. I was hoping with the early morning flight the plane would not be full. Guess we’ll see tomorrow.
I actually don't mind boarding after families if my board # is in the late A's because I observe the livelier families (like my youngest DD's, apologies if you have sat near us) while waiting to board and make a note not to sit by them even if it means taking a seat way in the back.

I think we will first think about what destinations we’re interested in. Then look at different cruise lines (I highly doubt it’ll be DCL). Then we’ll choose from there I guess after seeing itineraries. I would like a lot of opportunities for touring off the ship if we’re doing Europe.
I did a 2 week 9 port RCL Mediterranean cruise during my 1st (and only) trip to Europe. I liked that we stopped at so many countries. The pro's were I know where I want to revisit and spend more time in, the con's were the port day is exhausting and for the country/port that I really liked I left feeling disappointed that I didn't have more time there.

I'm looking for saver awards on United for my flight back from Europe and there's nothing! Please tell me that availability gets better a little closer in. Right now I'm looking almost exactly 11 months out (calendar only opened yesterday).

I’ve been trying to get a palo brunch but I haven’t been successful yet. I’ll try when we get onboard on embarkation day
It is amazing. I went along because my DD was obsessed with going but wow. And of course we have tried every trip since to get resv but shut out every time; even when trying instantly at the opening window and subsequently up to the trips.

I'm looking for saver awards on United for my flight back from Europe and there's nothing! Please tell me that availability gets better a little closer in. Right now I'm looking almost exactly 11 months out (calendar only opened yesterday).

With the new-ish dynamic pricing of awards, I think it is still a bit up in the air about when mileage prices are going to be low. If you are willing to venture over to Flyertalk, there has been a lot of discussion about this. (One recent thread is at: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/uni...ck-rdms-needed-award-trips-today-vs-past.html)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter