I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheese soup and pretzel bread combined are delicious! I always get extra pretzel bread. I love the filet/risotto combo and also enjoy the Rib-Eye. The poutine is also good, but I haven't had it in years (getting it again in December!). The types of poutine can change from time to time. I also like the creamed spinach as an extra. The maple pecan tart is probably my favorite dessert, but there is a kids chocolate mousse dessert that is adorable! The ice wine flight is also fun, but pricey for what you get IMO (which happens a lot at Disney, but YOLO) LOL
Well some of those things sound good lol. I’ll definitely be getting the cheese soup and pretzel bread. I always get them at f&w and love them. I’ve actually never eaten risotto before. I’m in between getting the filet or the New York strip. I probably won’t get dessert if I’m getting an appetizer because I can’t eat that much at once. I may even order a kids meal. No wine for me lol. I don’t drink alcohol.

omg le Cellier is the best.

The soup is a must. I normally do the ribeye or we share the porterhouse. The filet is good too though.

Bread is free. You don’t need to order soup to get the pretzel bread and you can ask for more bread if you want. I always ask for more pretzel bread.
Awesome! I love pretzels so I’m super excited for that bread. I’ll still get the soup because I think it’s tasty.

It came to the table, no matter what we ordered (granted it's been 2 years since we ate there, but it was always just something they brought to the table). I love pretzel bread - our hotel in Oslo served it before meals, too, and it was all warm and soooo delicious.

I hear you on Yachtsman. I don't usually worry too much about the meal prices at WDW when we are on vacation, since we don't go often, but that one made me think twice and I haven't ever booked it. I like food, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a meal. I'd rather spend it on something else, probably travel. ;)
We just aren’t fancy eaters. We could go to mk and eat at pecos bills every time and be just fine. They have some tasty nachos lol.

Barclays JetBlue Business Card 60,000 Point Bonuses
  • 50,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days.
  • Additional 10,000 points when a purchase is made on an employee card
This matches the highest offer on this card I believe. DoC’s writeup here:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barclays-jetblue-business-card-60000-point-bonuses/
@PolyRob - were you looking for this?
Thank you!

Just a reminder for everyone... this was 5 days ago

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.26.44 PM.png

The churning gods have sent me a sign!!! :worship:

Well some of those things sound good lol. I’ll definitely be getting the cheese soup and pretzel bread. I always get them at f&w and love them. I’ve actually never eaten risotto before. I’m in between getting the filet or the New York strip. I probably won’t get dessert if I’m getting an appetizer because I can’t eat that much at once. I may even order a kids meal. No wine for me lol. I don’t drink alcohol.
I’d research the kids meal at Le Cellier first. Apparently some TS are cracking down on adults ordering kids meals and you could get one of those adult portions of the kids meal for extra $$ options...

How are they going to know what CC he used? Does he have to show the CC statement or just the receipts? I just have to show receipts, not my CC statement (which I probably would not want to).

Whatever it was he was logged into wouldn't let him change the name (to put my name) on the card. It's weird. But apparently, short lived, since now he found out that certain "special" people will get issued a work ccard to use for travel while most won't and of course he's one of the "lucky" few. Since they haven't issued the card yet, he was able to use his card this time.

We just aren’t fancy eaters. We could go to mk and eat at pecos bills every time and be just fine. They have some tasty nachos lol.

We aren't super fancy eaters. We do book Palo on the ship but not Remy, which is more for the foodies out there. I don't like QS places in the parks, since I have childhood trauma from standing in line forever for mediocre food and then not being able to find a place to sit. ;) So we do mostly table service, but I try to aim for the more moderate ones on most days.

I had the flu last year- flu A on a flu swab. With the flu shot and tamiflu I was better in 72 hours. I also have to get a flu shot every year for work, but I swear tamiflu works. I’ve also had the same expertise with my kids- the older one got the flu and I didn’t realize at first what it was, by the time I took him it was too late for tamiflu. 5 days of fever, not fully better for a week. Then my little one got a fever and since she’s prone to wheezing I took her to the dr immediately- she got tamiflu and only had a fever for 2 days and was basically back to normal in 4.
It works but it has side effects. When I was diagnosed it was too late. But in your case, better in 3 days is reducing it by 48 hours from 5 days. Some people are lucky and only have 5 days of flu especially with the vaccine. I was an unlucky one and had the flu shot that year but also got it somehow when flu season was over (IIRC there hadn’t been any flu diagnosed in almost a month where I work, so who knows how I got it. ) :confused3

Good luck! May you not be struck with the awfulness that is Barclays business hell!
Thank you! That is what scared me at first, but I think I will just apply and if something happens after approval I will just tell them I am not sending the docs and I want the account closed. No backing out this time, right?! The app looks pretty straight forward. My last card Barclays can see is the Plat from June. Fingers crossed!!

Whatever it was he was logged into wouldn't let him change the name (to put my name) on the card. It's weird. But apparently, short lived, since now he found out that certain "special" people will get issued a work ccard to use for travel while most won't and of course he's one of the "lucky" few. Since they haven't issued the card yet, he was able to use his card this time.

We aren't super fancy eaters. We do book Palo on the ship but not Remy, which is more for the foodies out there. I don't like QS places in the parks, since I have childhood trauma from standing in line forever for mediocre food and then not being able to find a place to sit. ;) So we do mostly table service, but I try to aim for the more moderate ones on most days.
What are some of your fav moderate TS?

I’ve been trying to get a palo brunch but I haven’t been successful yet. I’ll try when we get onboard on embarkation day

Update on the Delta Vacations WDW package deal. I canceled the package online, lost the flight cost, got the hotel cost as a voucher. Tickets linked in MDE. All was fine. Well, yesterday I go look and the tickets are GONE! Hoped it was just a glitch. Today still gone, so I call. An hour on the phone later (long hold times!), Disney tells me that the tickets were VOIDED. So I call Delta Vacations. They tell me that when a WDW package gets canceled, the tickets are automatically voided unless a special code is added to the system. I did it online, so of course no special code. As a one time exception, they're giving me a voucher in the amount of the tickets. I'm still getting the 2 cpp value, so I'm fine with that. Will have to figure out what to use it on. Would prefer the tickets, but oh well. As with all loopholes, gotta roll with the punches!

So, PSA for anyone who did the deal - check your tickets!! And if you haven't canceled your package yet, call to ask them not to void the tickets!

This is absolutely crazy. My tickets are still showing up in MDE although I suppose I will be checking them every day until we use them. Or maybe I should call and make sure there is a code so they don't get canceled?

What a pain. I was hoping for this promotion to reappear at some point but now I'm not so sure.

What are some of your fav moderate TS?

Well, moderate by Disney standards. We like Via Napoli (we will share a pizza and that really great salad that you can order with it), Rose and Crown, SciFi, GFCafe, Plaza, Yak'n'Yeti, Beaches & Cream and some others I can't remember. DD and I tend to either share an entree or order something like a soup and/or salad (not to save money so much as just to deal with the portion sizes). That's just what comes to mind at the moment.

None of these count as 2 TS if you're on the dining plan (which we never are). Not cheap, but not in the Yachtsman/Cali Grill price range either. I'm not opposed to the more expensive places every now and then, but I don't go to WDW for the food and I just don't care enough about it to book fancy dinners. We do like Jiko, though, and will eat there when we stay at AKL.

What are your favorites?

This is absolutely crazy. My tickets are still showing up in MDE although I suppose I will be checking them every day until we use them. Or maybe I should call and make sure there is a code so they don't get canceled?

What a pain. I was hoping for this promotion to reappear at some point but now I'm not so sure.
Extending it made it seem like they liked the result, my guess is we see it again but with better thought out terms & conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter