I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My former HS has been in the national/statewide news a few times. Nothing you’d want to be in the news for though haha Kinda the same way a lot of my former classmates have been in their local papers...
My HS produced a former mayor of Chicago and the wife of a former (imprisoned) Governor of IL. LOL
My bigger claim to fame is that my DS played with and my DH coached one of the MLB all stars playing tonight...when he was 11yo! Hopefully he’ll get in the game tonight!

Awesome! DH and I got engaged at the Camelback Inn Resort in Scottsdale. They have some many nice resorts in the Phoenix area.

We stayed at the Camelback Inn last summer. I loved it there!! :love: So pretty. They had a wedding reception while we were there on the main lawn, such a pretty setting.

I wouldn't mind paying $40 out of pocket if it works (even a little).
I do drink some non-bottled water but we have a filter--not sure what that does to fluoride. I also do tend to get a cavity every few years and I would happily pay $40 to avoid or even minimize that.
I do recall that past treatments have had a very gag-inducing taste. I think I would still prefer it to a cavity . . . I guess I'm leaning towards doing it, since it seems like it might not be total snake-oil . . .

Sounds like the fluoride might be good for you then. Another thing to consider although I'm guess that it would not be as cost effective as getting the fluoride would be to get your teeth cleaned every 3 months. My oldest DD had a tough time when she was young with getting frequent cavities so I increased the frequency of her teeth cleaning and that worked although it was certainly more than $40.

Budget-related question: fluoride treatments for adult teeth, yes or no? I went to a new dentist today and the hygienist recommended it. Said insurance likely won't cover it and it's $40. I'm pretty sure DH and I have had them in the past but our most recent ex-dentist didn't recommend (either that or we said no at first and weren't asked again).
Best dental decision I ever made was switching my toothpaste to CTx3 gel made by Carifree as recommended by a hygentist years ago. I have to use a whitening toothpaste sometimes as it doesn't whiten but the cavity problems I used to have disappeared. Stuff is a freaking miracle, my entire family has switched to it. At $15/tube on Amazon it's expensive but whole lot cheaper than cavities/tooth issues! The CTx4 gel has fluoride added if you want one with fluoride.

Lol I had to look where Boca Raton even was. It’s 2 hours away. I’ve never even heard of it

Obviously you've never watched the nanny or any of the other shows/movies that talk about people retiring to boca. But watch the nanny, it's fun.

Hey, a cockroach in the kitchen sink and a rat in the ceiling fan above your head are completely different things!

It was a little mouse that's probably more scared of us than we are of it. And it's probably hungry since it doesn't have access to food. And you've probably at various times had them where you were living and just didn't know it.

I agree with @CyndiLouWho I'd rather the mouse than a roach.

Mouse.. rat same difference
View attachment 415916

Not when a rat can be the size of a small house cat.

We stayed at the Camelback Inn last summer. I loved it there!! :love: So pretty. They had a wedding reception while we were there on the main lawn, such a pretty setting.

Sounds like the fluoride might be good for you then. Another thing to consider although I'm guess that it would not be as cost effective as getting the fluoride would be to get your teeth cleaned every 3 months. My oldest DD had a tough time when she was young with getting frequent cavities so I increased the frequency of her teeth cleaning and that worked although it was certainly more than $40.

That's not a bad idea about the extra cleaning. My next visit, I'll ask how much that would be.

Obviously you've never watched the nanny or any of the other shows/movies that talk about people retiring to boca. But watch the nanny, it's fun.

It was a little mouse that's probably more scared of us than we are of it. And it's probably hungry since it doesn't have access to food. And you've probably at various times had them where you were living and just didn't know it.

I agree with @CyndiLouWho I'd rather the mouse than a roach.

Not when a rat can be the size of a small house cat.
We just found a cluster of like 6 ants in one of our toilets. Then I saw about 8 more spread across the bathroom floor. This morning I saw a couple in a different bathroom. We literally had a pest treatment last week which was very expensive so I’m not happy about this.

Best dental decision I ever made was switching my toothpaste to CTx3 gel made by Carifree as recommended by a hygentist years ago. I have to use a whitening toothpaste sometimes as it doesn't whiten but the cavity problems I used to have disappeared. Stuff is a freaking miracle, my entire family has switched to it. At $15/tube on Amazon it's expensive but whole lot cheaper than cavities/tooth issues! The CTx4 gel has fluoride added if you want one with fluoride.

Wow -- I have used Crest pretty much my entire life. I'm definitely willing to spend $15 for toothpaste if it means no cavities. Wonder if it will be on sale for whatever that sale next week is called (Prime day?).

UGH UPS made an issue with my mom's CIP:

View attachment 415912

How annoying!

Super annoying. Mine finally arrived at 8:25pm last night. It was originally scheduled to arrive between 8:30 and 10:30am. I started “following my delivery” early in the afternoon and and saw he was just a few blocks away. I then watched the truck move further and further away. I almost think he skipped my stop and when he finished his route saw my envelope and booked it back to my house to drop it off.

Hope your mom’s card arrives soon.

I've done it a few times. Does your dentist have the flavored ones? The kids used to get bubblegum flavored. Also, ours was not a paste but a liquid that you swirled in your mouth and then spit out. Not a big deal for me (or my kids).

I don't know about flavors -- I told the hygienist I wanted to think about it. I do think it was a paste or gel rather than a liquid--she said something about it drying and filling in cracks in the enamel or something like that (she had her mask on while she was explaining, and I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to do it today, so I didn't ask for clarification).

Yay!!! You did it! I’m getting a little braver. Bought $800 at once at Staples and have now even loaded $400 at one time and had them split the payment. My Family Dollar doesn’t seem to care. Even just getting the fee free ones at Staples can be worth it. And now I’m even thinking I may use it to MS an MSR if needed.

I sometimes buy GCs to convert to MOs to pay my property taxes. The one thing to be careful about with GCs and an MSR is not an AmEx MSR with GCs from Staples -- Staples reports level 3 data to AmEx and so it will be obvious that you are buying GCs.

Super annoying. Mine finally arrived at 8:25pm last night. It was originally scheduled to arrive between 8:30 and 10:30am. I started “following my delivery” early in the afternoon and and saw he was just a few blocks away. I then watched the truck move further and further away. I almost think he skipped my stop and when he finished his route saw my envelope and booked it back to my house to drop it off.

Hope your mom’s card arrives soon.
Glad you got yours!

I looked at the details and it was in a nearby town for delivery this morning... and then ended up in NY so I guess it was misrouted? It says it should come tomorrow by 8:30pm so I will keep everyone updated

Yes, I do on DH’s
I do. I got it on my wife’s CIP that was approved in early June.
Dh does on his CIP3
Where does the spending tracker show in the Chase app for CIP? That would be a helpful thing for me to have but I don’t see it.
Mine shows up right on the UR home page at the top
Mine shows right underneath my balance
View attachment 415917
Thanks. Of course I don’t have the darn tracker 😜
Thanks everyone! My tracker didn't appear in the same place as @DisneyMandC 's. I found it after clicking over to the UR side :)
Apparently we have Delta, Admiral and United. But, really, we have GREAT food options, love our airport. Peached Tortilla is my fave place to grab a quick bite, but we also have Salt Lick BBQ (yum!) and Hatcreek Burgers (very popular and not too bad). I never get there early enough for a lounge.

We have a new south terminal that just opened, I haven't seen it yet. They have food trucks over I've heard.
Well he won't go hungry in that airport :rotfl:

We just found a cluster of like 6 ants in one of our toilets. Then I saw about 8 more spread across the bathroom floor. This morning I saw a couple in a different bathroom. We literally had a pest treatment last week which was very expensive so I’m not happy about this.
I think when you have a treatment they no longer head toward the perimeter and won't escape, but will come up in other places until they are dead. It should pass.

My dentist just recommended that I go every 4 months for a cleaning doe to my braces. Hopefully I only have 6-10 months remaining and then I can go back to the regular schedule.

I think when you have a treatment they no longer head toward the perimeter and won't escape, but will come up in other places until they are dead. It should pass.
That’s exactly what Dh said. I thought it was weird they were in the toilet. I thought about calling the pest company tomorrow but maybe I’ll wait a couple days now.

I don't know about flavors -- I told the hygienist I wanted to think about it. I do think it was a paste or gel rather than a liquid--she said something about it drying and filling in cracks in the enamel or something like that (she had her mask on while she was explaining, and I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to do it today, so I didn't ask for clarification).
That’s what DS gets. It’s a paste and they put it on like like they are cleaning your teeth. You then have to wait x min before eat or drink anything so it can do its thing.

I used a support link from here for my CIP, is there any risk that no bonus offer attached, even though it showed it? I didn't screen shot of course. Do I dare SM Chase to ask?
I believe it’s essentially law that Chase won’t approve you for a card if you can’t earn the bonus on it. Is this your first CIP since you didn’t self refer? I’m sure you’re fine if that’s the case. Even still, my DH as well as many others here have been successful getting bonuses on CIP2 and 3
Yes, my first CIP.
I second @DisneyMandC - if you got approved you’re good!

Also - there’s is no risk at all in asking for the details of your bonus. It’s your first CIP So it’s not like you’re exploiting any loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter