• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere that has DP on minimum credit score requirements for the SW biz cards? I noticed DH's credit score took a huge hit since the CC that he uses for purchasing at work had such a high balance before being paid off and his credit utilization was almost maxed out. We've always kept out credit scores above 800, so I'm worried about him dipping into the 750's. I'm hopeful his score will bounce back before February when he needs to apply for his next biz card, but if it doesn't go up much, would he have a hard time getting approved? This would probably be one card I could convince him to call recon on if needed since both of us having CP would be really helpful.

DH wanted to take advantage of our CP before it expires on Dec 31 so he booked a surprise day-trip up to SF. We spent the day at the Walt Disney Family Musuem, and he didn’t even realize that he had planned it for the anniversary of Walt’s death. Such a great collection and appreciated getting to spend time seeing artifacts/hearing voice recordings of stories that we mostly knew but got new versions of. This is my geeking out while listening to the Andreas Deja recordings about the Mickey shorts :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the museum. I really love that place - it's just special. It was designed as a tribute to Walt by his daughter Diane and her love for him and her desire to tell his story really shows throughout it.

Planning a new trip and anxiously awaiting AA to release mid-November flights. DD wants to see the Music Man in NYC (Hugh Jackman) and she has a school holiday (Diwali) mid-November. Music Man tickets are pricey and not many seats to choose from, but next year is my last year with her before college. Hoping to get Residence Inn Midtown East with points again since I know the location well.

Is there anywhere that has DP on minimum credit score requirements for the SW biz cards? I noticed DH's credit score took a huge hit since the CC that he uses for purchasing at work had such a high balance before being paid off and his credit utilization was almost maxed out. We've always kept out credit scores above 800, so I'm worried about him dipping into the 750's. I'm hopeful his score will bounce back before February when he needs to apply for his next biz card, but if it doesn't go up much, would he have a hard time getting approved? This would probably be one card I could convince him to call recon on if needed since both of us having CP would be really helpful.
750 is still considered an excellent score so I wouldn’t be worried at that number 😊

Also, if it was just a temporary high utilization figure then his score will likely bounce right back again next month if the cards are now paid off.

I've got a lot of Plat Amex airline credits to try to use by end of year, and thought I would try SW <$100 fares. It's only been two days since purchasing, so it's too early to know, but when I click on the transaction, in the details it shows "Flight Information" with passenger name and ticket number.

To anyone who used their Amex credits on SW and got the credit - did it look like that?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I just recently put 5K on a card to buy a car and then paid it in full at the due date so no interest paid or balance carried over. I also took a small loan so I didn't have to withdraw funds from my retirement accounts in 2019. That will be paid in early January. But, the credit people went crazy for a hot minute. One knocked me down 22 points but since I was at 850 on their scale, I only dropped to 828. It's already almost all the way back up. 750 is an excellent score and it will go back up shortly unless he continues high utilization. The credit card companies want you to spend and carry balances, but get crazy if you spend and carry a balance.

750 is still considered an excellent score so I wouldn’t be worried at that number 😊

Also, if it was just a temporary high utilization figure then his score will likely bounce right back again next month if the cards are now paid off.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I just recently put 5K on a card to buy a car and then paid it in full at the due date so no interest paid or balance carried over. I also took a small loan so I didn't have to withdraw funds from my retirement accounts in 2019. That will be paid in early January. But, the credit people went crazy for a hot minute. One knocked me down 22 points but since I was at 850 on their scale, I only dropped to 828. It's already almost all the way back up. 750 is an excellent score and it will go back up shortly unless he continues high utilization. The credit card companies want you to spend and carry balances, but get crazy if you spend and carry a balance.

Thanks, this makes me feel much better! My first SW card was approved in less than 12 hours and his took 3 days before approval, so I was already nervous about his next card before the dip in his credit score.

I've got a lot of Plat Amex airline credits to try to use by end of year, and thought I would try SW <$100 fares. It's only been two days since purchasing, so it's too early to know, but when I click on the transaction, in the details it shows "Flight Information" with passenger name and ticket number.

To anyone who used their Amex credits on SW and got the credit - did it look like that?
there is a thread on flyer talk about this most gift cards dont trigger anything anymore but im not sure about SW.

P2 approved for Hilton biz (no popup!!) and Citi AA biz! Citi will be mortgage payments and Hilton will be organic. We are almost done with my Green biz and don’t have plans for another Chase until March so these work perfectly to keep plugging toward our 2021 DL/SD goals.

Yes, it looks like that. Always wonder why it credits, guess maybe incidentals also have the flight info.

Sad sad day. Went ahead and applied for the Aspire just now and got the popup.

Shoot.

😞 The Aspire seems especially popup prone. I think you only have 1 Amex? I've noticed people who have only 1 or 2 cards seem more susceptible, maybe because Amex has less history to go off of. If there are other Amex cards you want, you could try for that. Then as you're close to meeting MSR, try again for the Aspire (at that point it'll look like you have more overall Amex spend). Keep putting spend on your first card too. No guarantees that it'll work, but that's what I'd try anyways.

Just used my support link and had DH (cough cough...) apply for the CIU. At 30 days right now.

I'm planning to apply for the Amex Gold for me and fingers crossed I don't get the popup. Not sure if I'll get around to doing that today or not. I was thinking to myself that I should wait until the end of the month to try to push it out so I can get another Chase card for myself in January/February, but I guess since I'm already well under 5/24 that it doesn't really matter when Amex reports to my credit report since I'll still be good with Chase.

there is a thread on flyer talk about this most gift cards dont trigger anything anymore but im not sure about SW.
Thanks. I do always check FT for dps, but I know from experience that things can change within a day. I was just looking for confirmation that what I was seeing on my Amex login was what others who have been successful using their credits have seen.

Looking to use the Amex gold airline credit (I’m an AU on my brothers card & he won’t use it)
Will purchasing AA Main Cabin extra seats trigger the $100 credit? My thought is to buy one now ($95) and then the additional 2 in January to use next years credit. Just wanting to be sure this plan would work.
Option 2 is to purchase the miles upgrade from AA...
Option 3 change airline to frontier (for 2020) and purchase tickets (would this work???) or pay for luggage....

Looking to use the Amex gold airline credit (I’m an AU on my brothers card & he won’t use it)
Will purchasing AA Main Cabin extra seats trigger the $100 credit? My thought is to buy one now ($95) and then the additional 2 in January to use next years credit. Just wanting to be sure this plan would work.
Option 2 is to purchase the miles upgrade from AA...
Option 3 change airline to frontier (for 2020) and purchase tickets (would this work???) or pay for luggage....

yes! I used the credit in November to purchase a Main Cabin Extra seat and it worked perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter