I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly considering burning some UR on the Hyatt Grand Regency Cypress club level and doing a few days at Disney. Crowd calendars say last few days of Feb/first of March would be low crowds. Anyone been at that time? This is the first year (2020) that my husband would have a job that allows PTO near our anniversary (its always been busy season previously). Is it warm?

Edit- I clearly hit reply to the wrong item, but this was for whoever asked about amex plat airline credits and southwest.
i bought 3x $66 tickets. It showed as a ticket, and took like 2 weeks but it was eventually reimbursed. Since it took so long I was convinced it wasn’t going to work.

Hoping some of you travel experts can help. I have never been on a cruise so I have a lot of questions. I want to do an Alaskan cruise and then follow up with my own land tour in 2021. I was thinking of a 7 day northbound cruise ending in Seward or Whittier. I really want to use URs to pay for this so no Disney.

How do I pick a cruise line? Any recommendations? Should I just pick the best itinerary? I am looking at cruise critic but there is so much info there it is hard to get through it all. I'd like a smaller ship, ok with an older crowd as it will be me and DH (50s). We're not big drinkers or need tons of entertainment. We're going for the scenery and ports.

I think I need to book a year or so out to get a good price. Do I book myself and then transfer to Chase? I almost feel like I need a TA since I am clueless, but then I can't transfer to Chase to use URs (right?).

Thanks for any help.

P2 approved for Hilton biz (no popup!!) and Citi AA biz! Citi will be mortgage payments and Hilton will be organic. We are almost done with my Green biz and don’t have plans for another Chase until March so these work perfectly to keep plugging toward our 2021 DL/SD goals.

Last edited:
Hoping some of you travel experts can help. I have never been on a cruise so I have a lot of questions. I want to do an Alaskan cruise and then follow up with my own land tour in 2021. I was thinking of a 7 day northbound cruise ending in Seward or Whittier. I really want to use URs to pay for this so no Disney.

How do I pick a cruise line? Any recommendations? Should I just pick the best itinerary? I am looking at cruise critic but there is so much info there it is hard to get through it all. I'd like a smaller ship, ok with an older crowd as it will be me and DH (50s). We're not big drinkers or need tons of entertainment. We're going for the scenery and ports.

I think I need to book a year or so out to get a good price. Do I book myself and then transfer to Chase? I almost feel like I need a TA since I am clueless, but then I can't transfer to Chase to use URs (right?).

Thanks for any help.
I can chime in here. My DH and I took our last trip before kids to Alaska. (So this has been 13 years but I think the info will still be pertinent.) We went with Holland America because of price and itinerary. I think the key to ask yourself is if you want to go to Glacier Bay. I really can't imagine going to Alaska and not going to Glacier Bay but lots of people do it. We plan on taking our boys on a land/cruise tour of Alaska in a few years. Our plan is to do the land portion first and then have a more relaxing second half by sailing southbound. Either way I am sure is fine. We did enjoy Holland even though we were in our twenties at the time. It definitely is an older crowd but it didn't bother us at all. (I would definitely go with a smaller ship though regardless of what cruise line you pick.) And Alaska is a great first cruise destination since everyone speaks your language when you step off the ship.
I really think you could book on your own, make the deposit and then transfer to Chase. If you have any questions there are plenty of us that would be happy to help out. You can PM me if you need any advice or help.

Had a great time at Kidani Village for one night this past weekend using AA miles. 3rd floor savanna view and always a ton of animals were around. Don't regret the massive redemption at all since I have always wanted to stay there.

Waiting 40 minutes for the bus from Animal Kingdom to EPCOT destroyed our chances of getting a seat at candlelight however we just sat by the fountains in back and could hear and see just fine.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Amex's site today? I can login on my phone, but when I try to login on my computer, it asks for the last four of my social. It accepts my SSN, but won't accept DH's :sad2:

I've got a lot of Plat Amex airline credits to try to use by end of year, and thought I would try SW <$100 fares. It's only been two days since purchasing, so it's too early to know, but when I click on the transaction, in the details it shows "Flight Information" with passenger name and ticket number.

To anyone who used their Amex credits on SW and got the credit - did it look like that?
I just did this last month with three $68 tickets, and as others have replied they definitely showed up on my statement as tickets with all the information. $200 credit posted within a few days.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Amex's site today? I can login on my phone, but when I try to login on my computer, it asks for the last four of my social. It accepts my SSN, but won't accept DH's :sad2:

I had that earlier and needed to get an email with a "key" aka a code to verify.

Strongly considering burning some UR on the Hyatt Grand Regency Cypress club level and doing a few days at Disney. Crowd calendars say last few days of Feb/first of March would be low crowds. Anyone been at that time? This is the first year (2020) that my husband would have a job that allows PTO near our anniversary (its always been busy season previously). Is it warm?
Before we moved down here that’s always when we went to Disney. We’ve always loved going at that time of year. There is normally an event called Contest of Champions the first weekend of March. It doesn’t affect much but you’ll probably see groups of girls in the parks.

Thanks for any help.
I'd recommend picking one that goes through Glacier Bay, it really is a different experience and probably the highlight of our cruise. Really makes it different cruise vs land Alaska experience to get the full picture. Also narrows down the field to a more manageable level. There are 7 cruise lines with permits for GB - Princess Cruise Lines Ltd, Holland America Line Inc., NCL (Bahamas) Ltd, Carnival plc (Cunard Line), Seabourn Cruise Line Limited, Viking Cruises Ltd and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
(https://www.nps.gov/glba/learn/news/glacier-bay-issues-new-contracts-for-cruise-ship-services.htm)
I believe all can be booked through Chase.

Princess and Holland usually get high marks for Alaska for their programs. We wanted to do Princess but timing was better to use up our NCL future cruise cert. I'd read reviews from cruises around the time period you are looking to travel to get an idea of what types of excursions, programs, and entertainment you might get on each ship. You may get different programs for May vs July vs September itineraries. Not all excursions are available at all times of the seasons.

You'd only need to book with the cruise line and then transfer to Chase if you wanted to use a non UR earning card for part of the payment or delay using your UR until a later date. If you have all the UR you want to use when ready to book then you can just go right through Chase.

We went the first week of March the last 3 years and LOVED it. Unfortunately, we are not going this March but plan to be back that same week in 2021. Low crowds and nice weather - plus beginnning of Flower and Garden Festival towards the end of the first week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter