I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made banana bread muffins with chocolate shavings on top today, double batch. Yesterday Picked out 10 diff freezer meals from the site @CyndiLouWho posted plus another of my own recipe I used to freeze in college, made those, made meatballs, diced and froze peppers, and 2 pots of pinto beans to freeze. Also chopped up some extra veggies for the week for salads and steaming (but forgot lettuce, doh). Kind of want to do breakfast burritos but dont have enough eggs and dont want to go to the store.

I have pork chops going on slow cook in the instant pot to give it another shot today.

My points posted yesterday for dh's staff holiday party stay at the local Embassy Suites. Total of 142,946 so far, plus another potential 25,000 (Event Planner bonus and another 10,000 for current Hilton promo). I'm trying to figure out where to spend them -- with my 2 free night certificates for next year I can have 4 or 5 nights at a very nice resort. Decisions, decisions.... One possibility is Conrad Bora Bora after my potential New Zealand Backroads hiking trip in January, 2020 (still thinking about this).

Thanks! Yes, USH. I thought it might be nice to compare it to USO and Costco has 3 day tickets for $139 which seems reasonable.
Just IMHO if you compare it to USO you'll be disappointed especially for HP stuff, since USH is one park and isn't as comprehensive as the USO/IoA combo. I know that sounds like a debbie downer comment, but having done it, I won't go back to USH. I would prefer going to Knott's Berry Farm over USH personally.

Yeah, I'm getting fussed at because he has a test in history on Wednesday and I want him to study and that's the only class he really needs to bring his grade up in at the moment.

I was just trying to figure out when we were there. I think 12/31-1/2.

Enjoy Punta Cana!!! That sounds wonderful:)
Thanks! Yep, we just miss you :(

This is his time taking mid-terms ( there is no such thing at our public middle school) so this is a learning experience.

Good luck to your DS! Mine has Algebra (which should be easy for him) and English (which he struggles with). He had Science and History last week.

Just IMHO if you compare it to USO you'll be disappointed especially for HP stuff, since USH is one park and isn't as comprehensive as the USO/IoA combo. I know that sounds like a debbie downer comment, but having done it, I won't go back to USH. I would prefer going to Knott's Berry Farm over USH personally.
Thanks! Maybe we’ll stick to DL instead. We’ve spent a lot of time at USO/IoA.

Thanks! Maybe we’ll stick to DL instead. We’ve spent a lot of time at USO/IoA.
I'd agree with @platamama ... we did one day in 2015 and one day in 2016 (both with 1x EP which made one day plenty of time including riding a few things standby before lines got long). We haven't felt a need to go back since we've been to USO multiple times since then. Main thing I'd like to do again is the studio tour.

Dh and I made a staples run today to finish off his CIC MSR. The guy at the register said we could get as many as we wanted but decided to radio to make sure 😠. Of course they told him no. He was like “oops I sold one guy $600 worth of these”. Oh well we only needed $60 on the MSR anyway.

I've been baking all weekend too! I've made sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, peanut butter candy, regular oreo bon-bons, mint oreo bon-bons, and two batches of Chex mix. I'm exhausted and trying to make myself get up and work out! Here are pics with examples of what I've made.

Attachments

• 20191215_162108.jpg
    20191215_162108.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20191215_162303.jpg
    20191215_162303.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20191215_162228.jpg
    20191215_162228.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20191215_162324.jpg
    20191215_162324.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20191215_162453.jpg
    20191215_162453.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20191215_162402.jpg
    20191215_162402.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 17
I have learned so much here; before following this thread I had a few Marriott free night certificates expire because I had no idea they could be extended! So, I got a free Hilton weekend night which expires about 10 days before I want to use it. Is there an idiot proof way to extend this? I have the perfect place/time to use it next Oct after it expires. I need specific instructions though!

I've been baking all weekend too! I've made sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, peanut butter candy, regular oreo bon-bons, mint oreo bon-bons, and two batches of Chex mix. I'm exhausted and trying to make myself get up and work out! Here are pics with examples of what I've made.
I just made DH's Norwegian side of the family holiday treat, lefse. It's like a crepe but made from potatoes. They put butter and sugar on it and roll it up (also sold at Epcot Norway bakery). It's a major undertaking around here with several griddles and electric frying pans going. Not sure how I ended up supplying the whole family with this!

OT mom of teenagers rant—this weekend my kids must have an unspoken agreement (it must be unspoken because they pretend the other one doesn’t exist) to see which one can have a worse attitude. Can’t wait to take them to universal in two weeks—it’s going to be a blast!
Been there, done that! My mantra - this too shall pass. They are all in their 20's now and SO much better!

My DS was a lazy HS student in that he was happy with high B's when he could easily have gotten A's. Once he got to college he did much better grade-wise, as he really cared about the subjects. (I was a bit freaked out that he chose to major in video game design, but it worked out) Hang in there!

Last edited:
I have learned so much here; before following this thread I had a few Marriott free night certificates expire because I had no idea they could be extended! So, I got a free Hilton weekend night which expires about 10 days before I want to use it. Is there an idiot proof way to extend this? I have the perfect place/time to use it next Oct after it expires. I need specific instructions though!

I just made DH's Norwegian side of the family holiday treat, lefse. It's like a crepe but made from potatoes. They put butter and sugar on it and roll it up (also sold at Epcot Norway bakery). It's a major undertaking around here with several griddles and electric frying pans going. Not sure how I ended up supplying the whole family with this!
This sounds like when my DH makes egg rolls. So many steps and kitchen ends up smelling horrible from the grease to fry them.

Beautiful! I love to bake but I’m not the greatest at the decorating part.

I called the HH diamond number and asked and they extended mine for me without any issue. As first she said "we can't extend certificates" and I asked if maybe the rules changed recently (I believe it was @calypso726 that posted they had); she checked, came back and said "they rules did change and I can extend for you!". She extended the certificate and booked an extra night at the WA Maldives for me on the same call!

Minor rant today. Adding DD2 and SIL to the travel party has not increased the joy of traveling. I guess it’s difficult for reality to live up to how one would fantasize a vacation going. I love having DH come but not sure he will come without the rest. DD1 and Mom need a fair amount of help on vacation but they are ALWAYS pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter