I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to catch up.

Baking today... oh no, my kitchenaid bowl is not only dirty in the sink but also full of soaking utensil and food processor parts. I'll have to wash everything first.

But wait! Enter second bowl purchased with AMEX saks credit! Day is saved and i can more efficiently do dishes while things are in the oven!

I posted our review of MVMCP on that thread, but I thought I would share some of the food we had at Festival of the Holidays. Most of the stuff we tried was okay, but not memorable. There were a few things we loved, though.

Our favorites:
  • Pastrami on Rye (Dh ate this not me)-He said it was absolutely delicious and it was one of the cheaper things we got
  • Apple Pie Sundae-OMG was this thing delicious! It was so much better than I thought it would be. Dh had just got done saying he didn't like apple pie, but he ate at least half of this. I asked for it without caramel sauce because I'm not a huge caramel person
Honorable mentions:
  • Cheese fondue-I thought this was going to be like the melted swiss at Food and Wine (which I didn't like), but it was actually pretty tasty. I wasn't a fan of the vegetables, but the cheese and bread were good
  • Beef bao bun-This was pretty standard, but still good
  • Turkey dinner-The turkey was moist and we liked everything except the stuffing. I wished they put more potatoes in it because they gave us a small spoonful. I also wish I would've ordered it without the cranberry sauce, but Dh said that was his favorite part
Worst foods:
  • Potato dumpling-It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't order it again. It had a very weird texture and I thought it was overall pretty bland
  • BBQ Pork (Shanghai)-This was basically meat and rice with sweet and sour sauce on top. It was pretty expensive and not very good. I wouldn't get this again.

Attachments

• IMG_6379.jpg
    IMG_6379.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6376.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6373.jpg
    IMG_6373.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6368.jpg
    IMG_6368.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6366.jpg
    IMG_6366.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6365.jpg
    IMG_6365.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6364.jpg
    IMG_6364.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12

What do you mean by pop-up??
It is something AmEx does when you are applying for a card and they decide for whatever reason, you are not entitled. No one knows the actual Algorithm is this is being used to make that decision. Some people put limited to no spend on their existing cards and have no issues, some people put lots of spend and get it, some people have one or two cards and get it. Some people have successfully gotten ridden of it by putting spend on their cards, some haven’t been so lucky. It’s just all over the place.

We just got a Portillo's about 3 miles from my house. Chick fila and In-N- Out are within walking distance. I'm never moving.
Never been to Portillo's, but it would be awesome to CFA and In-N-Out withing walking distance. Just add in Nothing Bundt Cake and Chicken Salad Chick and I would never leave!!

Baking today... oh no, my kitchenaid bowl is not only dirty in the sink but also full of soaking utensil and food processor parts. I'll have to wash everything first.

But wait! Enter second bowl purchased with AMEX saks credit! Day is saved and i can more efficiently do dishes while things are in the oven!
Yeah! I love having 2 bowls. Makes it so much better when you are doing a lot of baking different items. DD and I made sugar cookie cut outs yesterday. Ate waaaay too many today after lunch.

We are thinking about going to US California before our trip to AUS. Any hotel recommendations in that area?

Universal Studios Hollywood?

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Universal Hotel. It’s a Marriott Cat 5, so you could use a 35k FNC there when it’s off peak and standard.

It’s a nice, clean, and updated modern hotel with a lot of history. And there’s a free shuttle to Universal CityWalk (and a short walk to the theme park gate) that runs about every 15 minutes. What we liked about that was the shuttle picked up guests at the Sheraton before picking up guests at the Hilton further up the hill; and in the mornings, the small shuttle fills up pretty quickly and couldn’t accommodate everyone at the Hilton stop. The hotel is also about a 15 minute walk to USH/CityWalk, albeit up a hill and across a pedestrian overpass.

Here are some pictures of the hotel and our room from our stay last spring.

vA1129b.jpg

lcs8vnr.jpg

VykCkby.jpg

ZGDtu7b.jpg

wuJhSqR.jpg

RdmPGZG.jpg

7Z2tCri.jpg

geCzSLa.jpg

imiLtqE.jpg

z78WVJh.jpg

mFVekCE.jpg

GM8f2ER.jpg

wRQgcR8.jpg

DORVWSo.jpg

QyuzUYy.jpg

3x9dggG.jpg

nXbi3aN.jpg

wIg3dOP.jpg

eAg6coe.jpg

Cr6eRzl.jpg

Z2fjZc5.jpg

SOWD4kh.jpg

bFgMvEK.jpg

XwqS5dm.jpg

EAD8Vqx.jpg

yOCEp8l.jpg

XjqDM0T.jpg

Last edited:
Universal Studios Hollywood?

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Universal Hotel. It’s a Marriott Cat 5, so you could use a 35k FNC there when it’s off peak and standard.

It’s a nice, clean, and updated modern hotel with a lot of history. AND there’s a free shuttle to Universal CityWalk (and a short walk to the theme park gate) that runs about every 15 minutes. What we liked about that was the shuttle picked up guests at the Sheraton before picking up guests at the Hilton up the hill; and in the mornings, the small shuttle fills up pretty quickly and couldn’t accommodate everyone at the Hilton stop. The hotel is also a 15-20 minute walk to USH/CityWalk, albeit up a hill.

vA1129b.jpg

lcs8vnr.jpg

VykCkby.jpg

ZGDtu7b.jpg

wuJhSqR.jpg

RdmPGZG.jpg

7Z2tCri.jpg

geCzSLa.jpg

imiLtqE.jpg

z78WVJh.jpg

mFVekCE.jpg

GM8f2ER.jpg

wRQgcR8.jpg

DORVWSo.jpg

QyuzUYy.jpg

3x9dggG.jpg

nXbi3aN.jpg

wIg3dOP.jpg

eAg6coe.jpg

Cr6eRzl.jpg

Z2fjZc5.jpg

SOWD4kh.jpg

bFgMvEK.jpg

XwqS5dm.jpg

EAD8Vqx.jpg

yOCEp8l.jpg

XjqDM0T.jpg
Thanks! Yes, USH. I thought it might be nice to compare it to USO and Costco has 3 day tickets for $139 which seems reasonable.

OT mom of teenagers rant—this weekend my kids must have an unspoken agreement (it must be unspoken because they pretend the other one doesn’t exist) to see which one can have a worse attitude. Can’t wait to take them to universal in two weeks—it’s going to be a blast!

I have to drive 11 miles/20 minutes to get to my nearest. Totally worth it. I drive even farther to go to Portillo’s 😀
Portillo's started in my town so we have lots of them here. 2 within about a mile and lots more nearby. DS loves hot dogs but we don’t go too often. There’s a much cheaper option nearby, not quite as good but half the price. Portillo’s chocolate cake is pretty delish though.

Last edited:

So far today have made cherry chocolate chunk cookies, cinnamon roll cookies, & gingerbread cookie dough. Both bowls are in the dishwasher now while cinnamon cookies bake. Gingerbread dough is chilling. Mmm.
Thanks! Yes, USH. I thought it might be nice to compare it to USO and Costco has 3 day tickets for $139 which seems reasonable.
Yep, this is my use of the Costco card we got from our cruise earlier this year. We’ll be staying at Hilton because I have 2 free night certs and Diamond status.

Portillos started I’m my town so we have lots of them here. 2 within about a mile and lots more nearby. DS loves hot dogs but we don’t go too often. There’s a much cheaper option nearby, not quite as good but half the price. Portillo’s chocolate cake is pretty delish though.
That’s my meal. Dipped beef sandwich and chocolate cake. Every time. No variations 😜

OT mom of teenagers rant—this weekend my kids must have an unspoken agreement (it must be unspoken because they pretend the other one doesn’t exist) to see which one can have a worse attitude. Can’t wait to take them to universal in two weeks—it’s going to be a blast!
Ha, totally feel you! DS has been telling me how much he hates me As I make him study for his mid-terms. When are you at USO? I think you are arriving just as we are leaving- 12/24-31 (although 12/26-31 we’ll be at the Hyatt Grand Cypress.) I hope it gets better! I just need to make it through Tues and then when we leave for Punta Cana.

Ha, totally feel you! DS has been telling me how much he hates me As I make him study for his mid-terms. When are you at USO? I think you are arriving just as we are leaving- 12/24-31 (although 12/26-31 we’ll be at the Hyatt Grand Cypress.) I hope it gets better! I just need to make it through Tues and then when we leave for Punta Cana.

Yeah, I'm getting fussed at because he has a test in history on Wednesday and I want him to study and that's the only class he really needs to bring his grade up in at the moment.

I was just trying to figure out when we were there. I think 12/31-1/2.

Enjoy Punta Cana!!! That sounds wonderful:)

I have so much crap to do: work around the house; work for the day job; work for the side hustle. I don't feel like doing any of it!

We bought my Christmas elliptical yesterday. Didn't end up getting a new card. Just used my Amex Blue Biz. DH looked at me when it was time to pay so I used my card, on my own gift. :rolleyes2 There is no excitement at Christmas for adults, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter